Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default So the Spurs doesn't have plans to rebuild yet again this season?

They might finish on the top 4 spot again in the West in the regular season and surprise everyone again but a younger team like Memphis and OKC will going to expose again their main core's old knees in a playoffs series and they're going to suck big time once again.

I'm not familiar with TD, Parker and Manu's contract but isn't this a perfect time to trade those 3? TD might retire as a Spur but trading Manu and TP will give them a perfect pieces of young blood to rebuild again.

Banned

Default Re: So the Spurs doesn't have plans to rebuild yet again this season?

the big 3 will not be traded but there is rumors of a trade for a BIG coming.

Not airballing my layups anymore

The thing is they still think they have a chance with the big3. I don't think so but it's not crazy to try, if you see what I mean...

But it's gonna be hard for them to rebuild, because with Pop and quality players they are never gonna be a lottery team. Maybe they'll trade against draft picks to rebuild in a year or 2.

What I'm sure about is that Duncan won't get traded : he spent his entire career with the Spurs, never asked for a trade or anything, so the spurs just can't get rid of him like that, Duncan IS the spurs.

maybe duncan will get injured, collect his pay check, and the spurs can get a shot at drummond

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    the big 3 will not be traded but there is rumors of a trade for a BIG coming.
    The honeymoon with DeJaun Blair over already? I really dig the kid. Plus you've got Splitter who stands to improve this season.

parker and ginobili are still one of the top backcourts in the league. i'd put them up against any pg/sg combo out there.

that, albeit small, part of the line up is set and good enough to contend.

the problem is and has been the frontline and i'm not gonna blame an aging duncan. the guy needs help. and not the matt bonner, dejuan blair kind. the tiago splitter kind. we need a 2 way player up there with duncan so bad. he just flat out needs help on both ends at this point in his career and the front office hasn't provided it. they went the rj route and it cost us dearly.

i think we're built for another run with supplemental guys like gary neal, kawhi leonard (projected #6 rookie on nba.com), jefferson (in a more limited bench role), and maybe even james anderson, blair with spot minutes off the bench...

parker's been quoted as saying the spurs are looking to make a big move for a big man so we'll see. without a move like that we're second round fodder at best pending a resurgent tim duncan / pipe dream.

Not airballing my layups anymore

What can the spurs offer for a big man ? Duncan won't get traded, Ginobili doesn't have much trade value because he's aging... That leaves Parker, who has a good trade value, but not that much too.

Splitter can be good in the NBA, but good enough to bring 20-10 instead of Duncan ? Don't think so

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SayTownRy
    parker and ginobili are still one of the top backcourts in the league. i'd put them up against any pg/sg combo out there.

that, albeit small, part of the line up is set and good enough to contend.

the problem is and has been the frontline and i'm not gonna blame an aging duncan. the guy needs help. and not the matt bonner, dejuan blair kind. the tiago splitter kind. we need a 2 way player up there with duncan so bad. he just flat out needs help on both ends at this point in his career and the front office hasn't provided it. they went the rj route and it cost us dearly.

i think we're built for another run with supplemental guys like gary neal, kawhi leonard (projected #6 rookie on nba.com), jefferson (in a more limited bench role), and maybe even james anderson, blair with spot minutes off the bench...

parker's been quoted as saying the spurs are looking to make a big move for a big man so we'll see. without a move like that we're second round fodder at best pending a resurgent tim duncan / pipe dream.
    In my opinion, the Spurs would benefit a great deal from using amnesty on Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    In my opinion, the Spurs would benefit a great deal from using amnesty on Jefferson.
    completely in agreement with that.

the spurs have been tossed around in the rumor mill lately with guys like caron butler and josh howard. they also gave up george hill for a SF. maybe they think they can cut ties with rj somehow.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Timmy has if I recall an opt out contract
    He is in his final year 21million

Next summer they will hav close to 25million to spend.

Not saying they will be a big player before the Dec 10th clock turns 0...

But how that franchise is set up they could get 1-2 legit elite players if jefferson is used in the amnesty and Duncan takes less - to no money (as in vet minimim.....

Don't rule the Spurs out

Banned

Huge shoes to fill after Duncan. I keep trying to come up with available PF's they could bring in... but it's so hard to imagine them bringing a guy like David West on board.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dalembert in San Antonio. The guy has a reputation of being a bonehead on the court but with the right type of discipline I think he would thrive. What more respectable coach is there than Popovich? Although I doubt that's what the Spurs have in mind as far as potential bigs go..

1- The Spurs need to change the team plan. I mean, yes the last season we saw Duncan's knees truly washed up, he was at his 35 in 2011 playoffs and will be 36 in 2012 playoffs but he can put up 17/10/3 easily imo. I'm not saying the Spurs should run offense through Duncan again but in the last season they almost forgot entirely they had a scorer inside. 2010-11 Spurs' inside-outside balance was awful. Duncan should try more his own shots.

2- We should use the amnesty clause to wave Richard Jefferson. He didn't fit and he doesn't deserve his contract.

3- In the West, the Spurs should get size&height. Pop should give much more minutes to Splitter or Parker would be traded for a quailty big.

Local High School Star

Would it surprise anyone if Duncan retired when the current contract runs it's course?

R. Jefferson + Splitter for Al Jefferson

Two of the best back to the basket low post players in one team

or

R. Jefferson + Splitter for Al Hordord

Al Horford seemed like a good fit in Pop's system.

Both hawks and jazz are looking for a SF.

OR

Nuggets will S&T Nene + scrub for R. Jefferson + Splitter

Nuggets badly needed a scorer and Jefferson could provide that.
    Last edited by dbugz; 12-02-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Banned

They will have the worst record one of these years and then draft another big man who will lead them to multiple winning seasons.