Default The forgotten 07 Boobie Gibson.

I admit that I admired Bron for his heroics and leadership in those 2007 east playoffs (omit the 1st round tho against the wiz) but how important was the forgotten Boobie gibson? Eric snow, hughes, big z and Gooden had held it down too especially defensively. It's just that Boobie helped Bron and cavs when it mattered most in the last two games vs pistons in ECF. How important you think he was back then and what did you admire about his play?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: The forgotten 07 Boobie Gibson.

He got paid after that

He shouldve signed with tha Knickz

Serious playground baller

How are you thinking of Boobie Gibson while Curry was mid-tearing up the Blazers?

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

He had a good run in those playoffs. But in the Finals once Hughes went down and Lebron couldn't keep up with Parker, they tried putting him on Tony and we all know how he went from looking like a solid NBA talent against Detroit to looking like a middle school girl. But those were the days when Parker made pretty much everyone look silly for 3 years.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Boobie built his career off of two playoff games.

I was also thinking about him a few days ago, wondering why tf he left the league "to pursue a rap career"

I mean, what was he thinking? 7 years in the league, 22m dollars, and he was still only 26 his last season in 2013. Why retire? Once you've spent so much time in the league, you are part of the family and can expect a little bias in your favor when trying to be apart of a team (vs say, a summer league recruit). He left the NBA where he could of made a couple more million in exchange to pretend to be a rappeR? Good god, I remember his breakfast club interview...full of

But I did completely forget about them Detroit games, man. Down 0-2, threw Boobie some playing time and won 4-2, including two games where he scored 21 and 31 That must have felt amazing, idk how he didn't grow and build from that.

How about Leon Powe? Killed my Lakers in game 2 with 21 points off the bench, next year fills in for KG at the end of the season and had a number of double double games (20/10, 30/10, etc.) and then game 2 vs Chicago in the 1st round blows out his knee, career basically over after that.