Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What do you respect about K.G's career?

Anything is possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Also I hate to bring this up and make this about comparisons but f*ck it I'm gonna do it anyway...

People swear Duncan was on a completely different level but the 2 times in his prime where KG didn't have complete trash around him he...

- Led the Timberwolves to 58 wins and possibly could've gotten to the finals if Cassel didn't go down. Also damn near unanimously won MVP over Duncan in the middle of Duncan's prime.

- Anchored one of the greatest defensive teams ever and helped the Celtics win 66 games en route to a championship. This while being a top 5 player/MVP candidate.

So imagine if you somehow put a younger version of KG on the '08-'12 Celtics instead of when he was a grandpa...but that's none of my business.
    KG's absolutely peak > Duncan

The ISH'ers Champion!

Making Pau his bitch in 08. A ring lost but you gotta respect it.

That he helped bring Boston a championship after a 22 year absence. His defensive intensity was 2nd to none during his best years. His jumper in 08 was automatic.

Too bad he's only going to retire with 1 ring. I think he'll live with it though.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Always making a contribution....whether it's trying to get in the head of the opponent....or actually playing decent basketball.

Hard screens, automatic jumper, intensity and respect for his opponent after a series is finished.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Intensity. Love of the game. Ability to guard multiple positions at an elite level.

And the best GIFS of all time.

He seemed like a shitty person, his on court antics were annoying and played out, and I always thought he was overrated.

Didn't really care for him.

Thought he was a beast in Minny; became a little annoying towards the end of his career.

5-time NBA All-Star

Intensity, versatility, total love of the game, joy of the game, obsession of the game along with high intelligence. He might have learned more at the NBA level than anybody ever as his game had little maturity from HS but he was one of the most complete big men ever before it was said and done.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Also I hate to bring this up and make this about comparisons but f*ck it I'm gonna do it anyway...

People swear Duncan was on a completely different level but the 2 times in his prime where KG didn't have complete trash around him he...
    They are about the same age and in their games against each other you can't say one had edge on each other for like 15 years. They seemed equal in about seven categories. The eye test or stats had no separation outside of KG intensity being higher and his teams inferior most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Thought he was a beast in Minny; became a little annoying towards the end of his career.
    I definitely agree with u.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    They are about the same age and in their games against each other you can't say one had edge on each other for like 15 years. They seemed equal in about seven categories. The eye test or stats had no separation outside of KG intensity being higher and his teams inferior most of the time.
    I know Duncan lovers are going to hate this too but how many rings would KG have if he played with pops' spurs his whole career?

NBA lottery pick

I know there are a lot of haters out right now gunning for the top 5 GOAT. KG is personally one of my favorite players and IMO a top 5 PF in his own right (KG, Dirk, Malone, Barkley). With all that said, KG's game doesn't translate to winning in the play offs as the man in crunch time quite as well as Duncan's does. KG was more of a mid range assassin, while Duncan is more of a post you up and get buckets off the glass type. Duncan could more easily take over games when he needed to.

Also, while KG was more versatile when it came to defending the perimeter, Duncan was more of a rim protector and had more traditional center qualities on the defensive end. He's just overall the more impactful player, sorry to say.

You can post up whatever stats or 'eye test' you want, but I don't see KG winning in '03 or even '14 in place of Duncan. Good chance they don't win in '05 either. KG isn't going full on alpha mode take over in '03 with no help against the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, etc and he damn sure isn't posting up against 2-3 OKC defenders in OT Game 6 5+ times in a row at 38 years old to get his team to the finals.

Say what you will about Duncan, but his intangibles (clutchness, alpha dog take over mentality, etc) are among the best to ever play the game. KG is also an ATG in his own right and top 20-25 player, but he's still at least a tier below Duncan when it's all said and done.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    That he helped bring Boston a championship after a 22 year absence. His defensive intensity was 2nd to none during his best years. His jumper in 08 was automatic.

Too bad he's only going to retire with 1 ring. I think he'll live with it though.
    One ring is all you need

His playing style was boring as hell, but his GIF level is GOAT