Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Curry is definitely ahead of Kobe all time..

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    do u really see anyone stopin Curry the next few years???

Curry is in his prime and there isn't really anyone who is challenging him or his team at full health
    Well injuries could happen which Curry has been known for also FA the Warriors might lose few key players still be stacked. You should know anything can happen in NBA at any time many including myself thought Lakers would win 5 or 6 titles with Kobe and Shaq and we all know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Yes, Kobe did put it all together certain years in his career especially on defense I'll take 03 Kobe at his athletic peak along defensively over many guards in NBA history including Curry.
    all time rankings are accolades driven and Curry is fortunate that he'll accumulate an outstanding resume over the next few years. Accolades aren't everything but the gap between the 2 mega stars is not large enough to ignore what Curry might achieve over the next few years. However, Curry being able to be the clear cut mega star of the league is something that Kobe never match and whether that is because today's league is water down or not is another discussion.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

all time rankings are accolades driven and Curry is fortunate that he'll accumulate an outstanding resume over the next few years. Accolades aren't everything but the gap between the 2 mega stars is not large enough to ignore what Curry might achieve over the next few years. However, Curry being able to be the clear cut mega star of the league is something that Kobe never match and whether that is because today's league is water down or not is another discussion.

Kobe was the clear mega star of the league from 06-08. Seriously back then all you heard about was Kobe/ whoever the top team was.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Kobe was the clear mega star of the league from 06-08. Seriously back then all you heard about was Kobe/ whoever the top team was.
    Maybe if LeBron James wasn't in the league than. Stop making shit up

Kobe was best player of his decade (2000's) you had way better superstars in their prime like Shaq, Duncan, Dirk, KG, Wade, Lebron, compared to this era Durant, Kawai, Westbrook, Curry, Davis, and older Lebron, not as good talent overall. The gap is large between Kobe and Curry and having late prime hurts him somewhat compared dominating at younger age which Kobe did and was all-time great close to two decades and won championships with two completely different cast of players that matters. Curry is amazing but I think people are jumping the gun way too fast ask me this question in five years right now way too soon to predict.
    Last edited by Cold soul; 05-11-2016 at 01:54 PM.

You still had Duncan who won a title in 07
    Wade as an emerging star win it all in 06
    Dirk win MVP in 07 leading his team to 67 wins

Relatively speaking I think there is a difference and the unanimous MVP sort of speaks to that. While there is still Durant's, an older Bron, Kawai, there does seem to be a gap between those names and the ones i mentioned earlier.

Kobe was face of his own era and you can make the case was the best player. Curry has only had one historic season 16 and great one last year that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    Maybe if LeBron James wasn't in the league than. Stop making shit up

[QUOTE]And listen: Guys were paying attention. Guys around the league were paying very close attention to Kobe that season. Any time you

You still had Duncan who won a title in 07
    Wade as an emerging star win it all in 06
    Dirk win MVP in 07 leading his team to 67 wins

Relatively speaking I think there is a difference and the unanimous MVP sort of speaks to that. While there is still Durant's, an older Bron, Kawai, there does seem to be a gap between those names and the ones i mentioned earlier.
    what does any of that have to do with who was the biggest mega star/ face of the nba?

Dunan wasn't, 3rd year Wade wasn't, Dirk certainly wasn't

Spurs won the title in 14, Mavs won in 11, KD won in MVP in 14 but that doesn't mean Lebron still wasn't the most talked about player and biggest star in the league

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    After that unanimous mvp he's now surely ahead of Kobe and leaving him in dust.

If he pulls off what seems to be inevitable (a second straight title as lead dog),
    He'll be one of only TWO players in the last 30 years to win b2b mvps and titles, the other being lebron james.

to Curry for joining the multiple mvps club.
    Hopefully another title and another mvp next year
    I agree but don't insult Curry by putting Bran's name in the same sentence as him. Curry is a transcendent dominant player. Bran and Kobe are nothing compared to him. Only Jordan deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Kobe was best player of his decade (2000's) you had way better superstars in their prime like Shaq, Dirk, KG, Wade, Lebron, compared to this era Durant, Kawai, Westbrook, Curry, Davis, and older Lebron, not as good talent overall. The gap is large between Kobe and Curry and having late prime hurts him somewhat compared dominating at younger age which Kobe did and was all-time great close to two decades and won with two completely different cast of players that matters. Curry is amazing but I think people are jumping the gun way too fast ask me this question in five years right now way too soon to predict.
    Well some of the above speaks to my point. I don't disagree that Kobe could be argued as the best player of his decade but i think there is an equal argument/compelling argument that can be made for Shaq,Duncan, etc. While I don't see an argument for the stars in Curry's era measuring up to him.

Well some of the above speaks to my point. I don't disagree that Kobe could be argued as the best player of his decade but i think there is an equal argument/compelling argument that can be made for Shaq,Duncan, etc. While I don't see an argument for the stars in Curry's era measuring up to him.
    Shaq and Duncan sure of course. Well Curry era compared to 00's is watered down and inferior talent wise overall. I personally don't think Curry would be well beyond and ahead of those all-time greats in pervious era. I'll take Shaq at his peak 00 and 03 Duncan over Curry.

what does any of that have to do with who was the biggest mega star/ face of the nba?

Dunan wasn't, 3rd year Wade wasn't, Dirk certainly wasn't

Spurs won the title in 14, Mavs won in 11, KD won in MVP in 14 but that doesn't mean Lebron still wasn't the most talked about player and biggest star in the league
    well it obvious that were talking about two different things. I'll take the fault in that because I wasn't clear in describing what I'm talking about. I wasn't comparing them as mega stars or as the face of the league but comparing their stretch as "THE top player in the game". Curry stretch as the best player the game has to offer is potentially more dominating than Kobe did in 06-08. Again due to circumstances that will hurt Kobe in the all time ranking but if we are only evaluating the two in terms of skill then I think Kobe fares a lot better. I would definitely not be upset with people think that Kobe was the more talented player but IF the accolades start to favour Curry than it will be hard for some to accept that argument. Whether the league is watered down or not will also become part of the discussion as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    After that unanimous mvp he's now surely ahead of Kobe and leaving him in dust.

If he pulls off what seems to be inevitable (a second straight title as lead dog),
    He'll be one of only TWO players in the last 30 years to win b2b mvps and titles, the other being lebron james.

to Curry for joining the multiple mvps club.
    Hopefully another title and another mvp next year
    That is wrong. Michael Jordan did it in 91-92.

If Curry keeps playing like this he'll be ahead of everybody all time

but glad to know when somebody is playing at a GOAT level, Kobe is the guy you compare them to
    Yeah its nice that anytime Curry goes bananas, he is immediately compared to a retired Kobe Bryant over any of the other so-called stars in the league today. Guess there aren't any so we keep comparing Curry to MJ and Kobe. Haha.