Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Kobe Bryant - 25 Day Stretch in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    He sat out fourth quarters in a lot of blowouts (the other team getting blown out and his team getting blown out as well).
    He played 41 mpg in '07

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20
    Yeah... most people forgot this one. Think he averaged 40 points for the entire month.
    I remember someone I once knew back in the day had the jersey of every game Kobe had scored all those points. Had the date and everything. One of those rare Mitchell&Ness jerseys. When I saw it was just about 7-8 months after the feat.

I'm in Toronto, so you can imagine it was tough to get a jersey like that just anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    He played 41 mpg in '07
    You are an annoying Kobe hater.

NBA All-star

they probably weren't well respected by the league as a borderline playoff team.

so intead of seeing defense being tailored against stopping the Lakers
    they probably faced a lot of defense where the team ran on its own disregard of opponents.

Kobe probably had seen enough defensive scheme by that point of his career, that picking it apart wasn't too difficult.

that's probably as close to Steve Nash mode Kobe ever got, only being on a pure scoring basis. i.e. trying to deny him the ball as a late game adjustment wasn't going to be enough.

Banned

put the league on notice. he became a 2 time champ after that so it wasn't for nothing.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 6 for 24
    But you are missing the point. Those guys would never have the opportunity to have such a run because they would either stop chucking or get put on the bench after one or two "questionable" shots. Kobe is cut from a different cloth, as they say. He doesn't know the meaning of "stop". When someone says "no, don't do that", he just uses that as motivation to keep going. His mental intimidation factor is second to none. Why, some even call him "therapist" because he can get in your head.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
    17 year old "Therapist" ---------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE7iCJHscu4

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

kobe

melo
    duant

in terms of offensive firepower

self-proclaimed Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20
    17 year old "Therapist" ---------> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE7iCJHscu4
    Indeed. And look at the evolution in his game since then!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    You are an annoying Kobe hater.
    show me one post of me hating on kobe...i just stated a fact...he played 41 mins per game in 07

6 for 24 got me rolling.

[QUOTE=6 for 24]Indeed. Iverson put up a PER

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    1 red bar. Slightly more impressive than anotuna mutombo or whatever his name is

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    exactly. all these scoring feats look nice, but Bottom line is kobe didn't put the ball in the basket when it mattered most. he needed a great big man. I don't understand why he thought he didn't need shaq anymore. Kobe is not very smart.
    The games weren't even close enough to make a difference, Lakers were blown out in all games but the one they did win in 07, but I'm sure Kobe should have had to average 40/10/10 and Lakers should have won, because putting up 33/5/4 on 46/36/92 shooting just isn't enough, it was all Kobe's fault, right? He should have passed the ball more despite losing by an average of 15 points in that series just was his fault and not because his team played like shit on D

Fact is that the 05-07 Lakers were just nowhere near good enough, Lakers added D-Fish after 07 + Bynum developed further and Lakers were on top of the West in 08, winning 30 of their first 46 games (53 win pace) BEFORE the Pau Gasol trade. Thank god the trade happened because Andrew Bynum had a season-ending injury in January.

You can't blame Kobe for losing in the 1st round in 06 or 07. He did everything he could to put his team in a position to win and it wasn't possible because Suns were the more talented team and the Lakers couldn't stop them on the defensive end, Kobe got his points and on great efficiency, but it wasn't nearly enough to counter what the Suns did.

You do realize that in 07, Kobe averaged 37/6/5 on 48% shooting in the last 3 games of that series, dropping 45 points on 26 shots in the only win of the series? Put 05-07 Kobe on any team with talent during that timespan and they would have been title contenders. He was playing out of his mind, but can you blame him for not being able to drop 50 on good efficiency every single game for an entire season? He was spectacular in 05-06 and 06-07, his team just wasn't Playoff material.

06 Lakers should have won the series, but again the team disappointed when it mattered the most. Game 6 at home, Kobe dropping clutch bucket after clutch bucket in the 4th, Lakers up 3 points with 10 seconds to go, Smush Parker leaves Steve Nash WIDE OPEN at the three point line, Nash misses (chokes), Lakers fail to rebound the ball, Tim ****ing Thomas pump fakes, Kwame ****ing Brown doesn't know how much time there is on the clock and goes for it, gets faked out, Tim Thomas hits the wide open three to get Phoenix into overtime, where Kobe makes 5 out of 7 baskets, and Phoenix drops 21 points on us in 5 ****ing minutes, winning by 8 pts, but it's Kobe's fault.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 07-15-2014 at 06:02 AM.

If not for an injury, he probably would have two 34-35 ppg seasons in a row

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    1 red bar. Slightly more impressive than anotuna mutombo or whatever his name is
    Those rep bars don't represent inches on your d!ck, they represent how much time and effort you waste on here trying to get a response out of people you likely will never meet.
    Is this really the type of person you want to be?