Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819
    Banned

Default Re: NBA = Broadcast In 215 Countries, Euroleague = Broadcast In 191 Countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    Euroleague is a garbage product that no one watches. In all those 191 countries people are watching something else.

A lot of the fans in the stadium are actually hooligan supporters of the soccer team of same ownership who go to basketball games when they are bored and there is a chance to fight the opponent's hooligans.
    Anyone can just totally make up nonsense. "NBA is a garbage product that no one watches in the US". See how easy that is?

Banned

Default Re: NBA = Broadcast In 215 Countries, Euroleague = Broadcast In 191 Countries

The ratings that show millions watching the NBA every night would prove your statement wrong though

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Anyone can just totally make up nonsense. "NBA is a garbage product that no one watches in the US". See how easy that is?
    Like that time someone said:

The Euroleague has FAR higher ratings in Europe than the NBA does.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
    The ratings that show millions watching the NBA every night would prove your statement wrong though
    Millions watch the Euroleague every night it is on. Your point?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    Like that time someone said:
    Every single European that is not from the UK or that is not an American pretending to be European already said in this thread more people watch Euroleague than NBA in Europe.

National High School Star dough's Avatar

Every single European that is not from the UK or that is not an American pretending to be European already said in this thread more people watch Euroleague than NBA in Europe.
    You accuse me of lying.

1. Show these ratings for European countries.

2. Show me proof that I'm not European.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dough
    You accuse me of lying.

1. Show these ratings for European countries.

2. Show me proof that I'm not European.
    You are not European. Your comments clearly prove that. You are obviously just an American that is stationed there.

National High School Star dough's Avatar

You are not European. Your comments clearly prove that. You are obviously just an American that is stationed there.
    Prove it. I can easily prove it otherwise achterlijke Griekse mongool.

Why wouldn't they? And WHO CARES

Not airballing my layups anymore

From reading the comments here, it's amazing that the French can produce numerous productive NBA players, in spite of the fact that the French in general do not care about basketball.

Guys like Parker, Diaw, Pietrus, Batum and Beaubois, who have become regular contributors in their NBA teams, have been drafted out of the French League, a supposedly weaker (and less popular) league when compared to other leagues in Europe.

Guys like Noah and Turiaf are the only US college-trained players among the French players in the NBA.

I rule the local playground

there is absolutely positively ZERO CHANCE lakas fan is serious in anything he said in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister JT
    From reading the comments here, it's amazing that the French can produce numerous productive NBA players, in spite of the fact that the French in general do not care about basketball.

Guys like Parker, Diaw, Pietrus, Batum and Beaubois, who have become regular contributors in their NBA teams, have been drafted out of the French League, a supposedly weaker (and less popular) league when compared to other leagues in Europe.

Guys like Noah and Turiaf are the only US college-trained players among the French players in the NBA.
    Playing in a weaker league also means it's more likely they take a chance and go to the NBA.

There are enough Spaniards and Greeks that could be solid contributors in the NBA, but for them there is much less incentive to come.

NB: Noah isn't really French right?

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Playing in a weaker league also means it's more likely they take a chance and go to the NBA.

There are enough Spaniards and Greeks that could be solid contributors in the NBA, but for them there is much less incentive to come.

NB: Noah isn't really French right?
    Yeah you could be right. The incentive to go to the US for Spanish league players might not be as strong compared to French league players.

Noah's dad is French-Cameroonian. Her mom is Swedish. He was born in the US. So he's French-Cameroonian-Swedish-American. He did say that he's considering playing for the French NT.
    Last edited by Mister JT; 04-16-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Also regarding the Bodiroga-Ginobili comparison...

Bodiroga might be better than Manu. Manu might be better than Bodiroga. But not because Bodiroga never made it to the NBA.

It's almost like the English saying that Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Leo Messi because Leo has yet to prove it in EPL, like Ronaldo has done (Messi is better, by the way).

It's also wrong to compare the Euroleague to the MLS, IMO.