Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default I understand his impact and greatness,

but sometimes I hate the impact MJ had on the game of basketball and fans alike. Don't get me wrong, he was great, one of the greatest ever, but I just cannot accept how overrated dude is. It's getting to point where anything outside of the three point shooting cannot be argued against him.

I've heard people say he was quicker/faster than Iverson, the strongest guard in NBA history, better passer than any non-PG outside of Bird,etc...etc... the list goes on.

You cant have it both ways, if dude was so great...then how come he only has six titles to his name.

Sometimes I think dudes really think that Space Jam was game 6 of the 96 NBA Finals or something, because people have this immensely distorted view of basketball players.

I just believe that almost any great player can give another a run for their money. We've seen rookie Iverson do DAMAGE to Jordan and his teammates, think he scored 44 that night. Not sure. Might be completely wrong lol. My point is that if you put two greats/legends in their prime and put them on opposite teams, they will go at it and battle. Jordan isn't this Greek God of basketball that cannot be challenged. As great as he is, he's overrated in some circles.

Default Re: I understand his impact and greatness,

How come he ONLY has six titles... what?

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

He has been defeated, arguably during his athletic prime (89 and 90). That should say something about how important Pippen, Rodman, PJ and Grant, etc. were. So yes he isn't a Greek god like some people make him out to be. But he's still the GOAT imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    How come he ONLY has six titles... what?
    Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    I've heard people say he was quicker/faster than Iverson, the strongest guard in NBA history, better passer than any non-PG outside of Bird,etc...etc... the list goes on.

You cant have it both ways, if dude was so great...then how come he only has six titles to his name.
    Re-read

but sometimes I hate the impact MJ had on the game of basketball and fans alike. Don't get me wrong, he was great, one of the greatest ever, but I just cannot accept how overrated dude is. It's getting to point where anything outside of the three point shooting cannot be argued against him.

Sometimes I think dudes really think that Space Jam was game 6 of the 96 NBA Finals or something, because people have this immensely distorted view of basketball players.

I just believe that almost any great player can give another a run for their money. We've seen rookie Iverson do DAMAGE to Jordan and his teammates, think he scored 44 that night. Not sure. Might be completely wrong lol. My point is that if you put two greats/legends in their prime and put them on opposite teams, they will go at it and battle. Jordan isn't this Greek God of basketball that cannot be challenged. As great as he is, he's overrated in some circles.
    Sounds like the ramblings of a 12 year old who's been watching the game for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Sounds like the ramblings of a 12 year old who's been watching the game for a year.
    Surprisingly accurate.

You obviously never saw him in his prime. I watched live during the time of both 3 peats. Jordan was so amazing you didn't tune into the NBA to see who would win, but how Jordan would win it this time. He was that good.

WGN...

get the f*ck outta here kid.

I can see where this thread is heading.

ISH fails once again. Overrated isn't an insult. The Beatles are overrated in some circles as well, that doesnt mean they aren't great.

Sometimes I think MJ is part of the illuminati. I'm wearing Jordan bball shorts and I didn't even realize it until now. Them jumpman logo is around me all the time. You feel me?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

he's unbelievable did u see the stats 3 titles 3 mvp 7 scoring title at age 30 retired came back and won 3 more

Banned

I see your point but at the end of the day perception rules all. Every bad game that dude had ended with a game winner. He won championships on game winning shots. When he lost he had the great individual performances. He never lost a finals series. Every single win had a memorable moment. Flu game, the shot, etc. So many moments to remember. He left for 2 years came back and 3 peated again. He just had the perfect career.

Yes people can stand up to him for a while, but no one can give off the perception that jordan did after a career. At least not yet. Kobe was close to getting there but wasnt good enough.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

I bet $100 u have never watched that mutha fcuka play live? Have u?

I can see where this thread is heading.

ISH fails once again. Overrated isn't an insult. The Beatles are overrated in some circles as well, that doesnt mean they aren't great.
    There's nothing overrated about the Beatles. If you understand them and their impact then you'll know that's not the case.

Ask a black dude ThePointGuard11's Avatar

He's thee most complete basketball player that I have ever seen. If LeBron continues improving he will surpass MJ as an all-around player because of his assist and rebound number, BUT as of right now MJ is the best all-around basketball player that I have ever seen.