Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Durant has scheduled meetings with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors (via Marc Stein)

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Steph Curry and Klay Thompson will reportedly attend the Warriors meeting with Kevin Durant.

can the warriors afford durant plus klay plus dray plus curry?

Default Re: Durant has scheduled meetings with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors (via Marc Stein)

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    can the warriors afford durant plus klay plus dray plus curry?
    probably gotta get rid of two at least between barnes/bogut/iggy/livingston

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    probably gotta get rid of two at least between barnes/bogut/iggy/livingston
    mhm. first i thought that adding durant could disturb team chemistry.... but then: its durant, you cant pass on Durant.

bogut/iggy/barnes and livingston are playing great defense....

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    And why would he join the Spurs ? He already beat them this year, Duncan/Parker/Ginobili aren't getting any younger, and he plays the same position as Leonard.
    Like I said in another thread, I'd rather have Conley + Noah. KD is not a fit. But to answer your question. Why would he join the Spurs? Well, they are one of the best orgs in sports today and they have one of - if not the - best FO/Coach tandem today. It would be stupid for any free agent to not consider the Spurs when you're guaranteed a playoffs appearance every season and they will make sure he's surrounded by the best TEAM possible. Spurs are looking to build their future core, and any given FA could be part of something special. It's very stupid not to consider them.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Like I said in another thread, I'd rather have Conley + Noah. KD is not a fit.
    Conley and Noah are nice and great fits, but it's Kevin fuccin' Durant. You don't pass on Durant. And he would fit fine with us. Leonard is not some sloth who can't guard smaller players or something and he also is a great shooter that doesn't need the ball in his hands. They fit fine together. Also, having Durant means he's not with the Thunder or Warriors which is actually the largest portion of this that would impact our franchise more so than just having him on the roster in the first place and something Conley/Noah can't compete with.

Good college starter

Like I said in another thread, I'd rather have Conley + Noah. KD is not a fit. But to answer your question. Why would he join the Spurs? Well, they are one of the best orgs in sports today and they have one of - if not the - best FO/Coach tandem today. It would be stupid for any free agent to not consider the Spurs when you're guaranteed a playoffs appearance every season and they will make sure he's surrounded by the best TEAM possible. Spurs are looking to build their future core, and any given FA could be part of something special. It's very stupid not to consider them.
    You're crazy. The fit is fine.

The biggest takeaway is that signing Durant effectively destroys the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Conley and Noah are nice and great fits, but it's Kevin fuccin' Durant. You don't pass on Durant. And he would fit fine with us. Leonard is not some sloth who can't guard smaller players or something and he also is a great shooter that doesn't need the ball in his hands. They fit fine together. Also, having Durant means he's not with the Thunder or Warriors which is actually the largest portion of this that would impact our franchise more so than just having him on the roster in the first place and something Conley/Noah can't compete with.
    Bro, I don't know if you actually watched the semis but Westbrook and Adams/Kanter killed us. Funny that our PG's and C's couldn't keep up with them. Signing KD will give us offensive firepower, nothing else. NOTHING ELSE. ZERO.

We'll get Conley when Spurs trying for Durant

Bro, I don't know if you actually watched the semis but Westbrook and Adams/Kanter killed us. Funny that our PG's and C's couldn't keep up with them. Signing KD will give us offensive firepower, nothing else. NOTHING ELSE. ZERO.
    offensive firepower is like 70% wtf

dude.... ITS DURANT

NBA lottery pick

Bro, none of that matters if we land Durant since the Thunder would no longer be a competitor. Why risk maybe being better than the Thunder with Conley/Noah when we can 100% not even have a worry about them again? Not only that, but would you really be more confident in beating the Warriors with those two or with Durant? Keep in mind that not having Durant means that the Warriors have a good of having him. Do you see us beating the Warriors with Conley/Noah and them with Curry/Klay/Durant/Green? C'mon now. Getting Durant is the move to make. It effectively kills two birds with one stone. Anything else is a gamble at this point (obviously if he's not interested we have no choice, just saiyan).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

is joakim noah even good anymore? guy would break down come playoff time like 5 years ago.. cant imagine him lasting too long going into next year, and through a Western gauntlet slim chance. Conley is nice but he isn't solving your main problem which is nobody to replace duncan. And I dont see many elite rim protectors out there on the market.. turning down KD for those two would be like turning down shaq for kenny smith and otis thorpe because you already have hakeem.. except perimeter players are much more flexible especially in todays day and age so it's even worse.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

still hoping KD goes to Washington (even if it's after sticking w/ OKC this next season).

KD + Wall + Gortat + Oubre + Porter + Markieff (is he sane, yet?) would be great. I'd love to see more KD vs LeBron too, 4+ times a year (imagine all the playoff series between them). Is Beal staying? Pretty sure Wash could afford both KD and Beal. Rest of team would be D-Leaguers, but w/ those main 5-7 (if Beal stays and if Porter stays after next season), that's enough for consistent ECF appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Lol imagine if LeBron lost in the finals in 7 and then opted out and signed with or even MET with GSW...The utter shitstorm
    Imagine if LeBron held a nationally televised event to announce he was leaving his hometown team after 7 yea- oh wait...

Come to the Dubs KD!!

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Imagine if LeBron held a nationally televised event to announce he was leaving his hometown team after 7 yea- oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    still hoping KD goes to Washington (even if it's after sticking w/ OKC this next season).

KD + Wall + Gortat + Oubre + Porter + Markieff (is he sane, yet?) would be great. I'd love to see more KD vs LeBron too, 4+ times a year (imagine all the playoff series between them). Is Beal staying? Pretty sure Wash could afford both KD and Beal. Rest of team would be D-Leaguers, but w/ those main 5-7 (if Beal stays and if Porter stays after next season), that's enough for consistent ECF appearances.
    probably not.. KD hasnt even agreed to meet with WAS.