Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Jeff Teague to Pacers, George Hill to Jazz in 3-team trade

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Don't the Jazz already have a few point guards?? Exum (any updates on him btw) and what's the other guys name?
    Exum started contact recently. They have Mack who I'd start at the one and Neto who I'd have backing him up. Hill I'd start at the 2. Get rid of Burke. Exum has to prove he can play still.

not really anyone good, though.
    They've all shown something. No one great yet.

exum willl still need to learn how to be a pg when he gets healthy(jazz fans is he a long term PG, or defensive minded SG?)
    Hard to say based on what we've seen. He could guard ones but offensively he didn't show us much. Right now I'd say if he can still defend and hit an open corner 3 I'd be happy for starters. Say he's changed his shot.

, jazz fans and coachingt? seem to hate trey, which resulted in the defensive minded neto starting over him.
    Neto is an NBA player. Not sure Burke is. He can't defend or hit 3's.

He's a pg, but a backup pg. He did ok, but you've got to upgrade from him. Also, he likes to shoot too much for a guy who doesn't shoot very well.
    I'd agree he's ideally a back-up but he was more than solid for them for a 3rd pg. He was one of their best players and ran the offense better than anyone since Deron I'd say. I thought he shot pretty well. Better than I expected. His 3 looked good from the corner and side. Has the best floater on the team. It was money.

I don't get this trade for the Jazz. They gave up #12 for potentially a 1 yr rental.
    Obviously they weren't that enamored by their other options so they made this deal for a player that Hayward, the GM and coach all know and like. Sounds like he's happy to be there and hopes to stay. They should have made a deal like this a year ago. Nice to see them actually not tanking again. I missed those days.

So how is Jeff Teague for Taurean Prince looking.
    SMH.
    Horrible.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    So how is Jeff Teague for Taurean Prince looking.
    SMH.
    Horrible.
    It's unbelievable how simple minded some people are.

How many times do you have to have it explained to you that the Hawks did not want Teague. They wanted his money off the books, didn't want to watch him suck in the playoffs yet again, and didn't want to be stuck with having to pay him.

Nobody is giving up something of a ton of value for an expiring Jeff Teague that sucks every year in the playoffs.

Getting a lottery pick is at the absolute top of the return range. I've heard nobody that knows their shit think the Hawks got taken in that traded.

Only thing I've heard...and I've said...is that the Pacers lost the best player in the trade.

And if they didn't open up the space/potential to improve the roster and pay Horford...it wouldn't matter anyway because if Horford goes...the franchise has to start over. And Teague without a contract going forward isn't helping any of that.

They traded a good starter for Prince.
    It's horrible, a future first would be better.
    My whole point all along was that this draft stunk after pick 9 or so, and he too good to simply trade for relief.
    I was 100% correct, as would anyone be if they were on top of all the prospects.

This trade was stupid.
    You trade the likes of Bogut or Asik or Pek do get money off books.
    Not someone good. He;s had good and bad playoffs games. He is definitely a solid starter.

If anything you are completely close minded and have no idea about reality of building a team.
    How many times do you have to be told the 12th pick had NO VALUE in REALITY.
    They traded a good player for GARBAGE.

Sure TRADE the guy. But not for GARBAGE. Not just to CLEAR SPACE. He's too good just for space.

This is a fantasy trade made on numbers and analytics, not REALITY.

You can trade Teague at any time for someone that will help at least somewhat.

YES I understand you can want space. But open your mind.
    Once again, they didn't need to clear his contract. They have 40m cap space with him.

Not only that, they are stuck with Schroeder at point guard, who is entirely unproven, and has an attitude problem.

Not only that, Teague was making $8m. Prince, who will have no impact for them, will make $2.5m. So they traded someone that can help them, or could get someone that could help them, for $5.5 relief.
    When they already have $40m in space.

Atlanta stinks. I will eat my words if they get Durant and Hassan Whiteside. Otherwise they gave up a good player for someone who wont help for years, if ever.

Without Teague, they are even less attractive than what they already are for free agents. No one is coming to play with that french brat.

They immediately attempted to package the pick with 21 cos it stunk, and failed. And now they won't even get a meeting with Durant.

What a stuff up.

They traded a guy for CAP SPACE, who would be a top 15-20 free agent if he was available.

Stupid beyond words.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

If you think Teague is the difference between getting a meeting with Durant and not...just

You don't know how good the draft pick will be, but that wasn't even the point of the trade. They weren't trying to land a great draft pick.

They were trying to get a trade package together to improve the roster....and worst case scenario is you get rid of a player you don't want and a get a guy on a rookie contract.

You are exactly the problem poorly run franchises have. They over value players that don't move the needle on non contending teams.

There was no "win" scenario in keeping Teague.

What you aren't realizing is the difficult position the Hawks are in with Bazemore and Horford.

Until you realize that...you'll keep thinking Teague is something of note for the Hawks. He isn't and never was...at least not when the games actually mattered.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 06-30-2016 at 02:45 AM.

Decent college freshman

I liked this move for the Jazz, and I thought that ATL got a fantastic return nabbing #12 for Teague. I actually think Indy came out the worst in this deal, as they downgraded imo at point guard and lost out on the lotto pick.

I think ATL reached for Prince at #12, but I get why they did it. They probably would have been better off imo with Baldwin and Luwawu.