Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Earned not given

Default Re: Breaking News: 3 Team Deal, Hawks, Pacers, Utah...George Hill going to Jazz...

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWad3
    I am so stoked, Jazz now have Mack and Hill so the PG situation is stabilized. Now there are zero weaknesses in the starting lineup (except for the lack of a superstar)
    Mack and Hill are shooting guards that play the 1. Are Exum and Hayward going to run the offense? Because Mack and Hill sure the hell can't.

Default Re: Jeff Teague to Pacers, George Hill to Jazz in 3-team trade

Great move by the Pacers.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Great move by the Pacers.
    How? I'm so confused I feel like I'm missing something.

George Hill is better than Teague in my opinion...and Teague is on an expiring contract. This seems like a lateral move at best. With Monta next to Teague...like...what?

Makes no sense to me at all.

Huge win for Hawks. Turning an expiring Teague into the 12th pick. Wow...absolutely great job by the Hawks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

lmao, george hill is wayyy better than jeff teague. George Hill plays fantastic defense, and smart high IQ offense.. he's like anti jeff teague.

Paul george has got to be gone.

George Hill is a SG who should be coming off the bench and has been forced to play PG.

The Pacers want to push the pace, and that's exactly what Teague does well.

I think we'll see the Pacers try to move Monta now. His contract isn't bad at all, especially considering the cap raise.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    George Hill is a SG who should be coming off the bench and has been forced to play PG.

The Pacers want to push the pace, and that's exactly what Teague does well.

I think we'll see the Pacers try to move Monta now. His contract isn't bad at all, especially considering the cap raise.
    That stuff only potentially could help in the regular season. This is a total regular season type move.

Won't pay any dividends at all when the games really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    lmao, george hill is wayyy better than jeff teague. George Hill plays fantastic defense, and smart high IQ offense.. he's like anti jeff teague.

Paul george has got to be gone.
    This.

All it took was a 12th pick for Teague thank god Colengelo didn't trade Noel or okafor for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    All it took was a 12th pick for Teague thank god Colengelo didn't trade Noel or okafor for this guy.
    I agree with your point about the Noel / Okafor stuff...but I think people are really over valuing Teague here.

He's a fine player, but he's about to be an ufa...he is not worth the 12th pick unless you are a sure fire contender and think he puts you over the top.

At least the Jazz get a guy that fits in perfectly with their team...and they'll probably keep him long term.

But damn...Hawks made out here big time.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I agree with your point about the Noel / Okafor stuff...but I think people are really over valuing Teague here.

He's a fine player, but he's about to be an ufa...he is not worth the 12th pick unless you are a sure fire contender and think he puts you over the top.

At least the Jazz get a guy that fits in perfectly with their team...and they'll probably keep him long term.

But damn...Hawks made out here big time.
    Teague is definitely overated but you never know Atlanta could use that 12th pick on a bust. No guaranteed talent at 12 but I see where you are coming from he's one summer away from asking for a big contract and he's been regressing and you can still get lucky and draft a great player they will have options maybe Poetl or Ellenson or Chriss falls. Also guys like Deyonta Davis sabonis and Skal have potential. Maybe Malachi impressed enough to go in the lottery?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking News: 3 Team Deal, Hawks, Pacers, Utah...George Hill going to Jazz...

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Mack and Hill are shooting guards that play the 1. Are Exum and Hayward going to run the offense? Because Mack and Hill sure the hell can't.
    Mack ran the offense better than anyone else has. Looked like a pg to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Teague is definitely overated but you never know Atlanta could use that 12th pick on a bust. No guaranteed talent at 12 but I see where you are coming from he's one summer away from asking for a big contract and he's been regressing and you can still get lucky and draft a great player they will have options maybe Poetl or Ellenson or Chriss falls. Also guys like Deyonta Davis sabonis and Skal have potential. Maybe Malachi impressed enough to go in the lottery?
    Oh of course.

I'm not saying the 12th pick is a lock or something. I get why the Jazz would want Hill rather than the 12th pick. I'm not saying it was terrible for them.

The Pacers part of it makes no sense to me though.

The Hawks just happen to make out like bandits in terms of EV...they didn't want Teague long term anyway...so they just turned an expiring contract they didn't want into the 12th pick. Which is an incredible win.

How does everyone lose a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    How does everyone lose a trade.
    How did the Hawks lose this trade?

They got rid of an expiring contract they didn't want and weren't going to pay long term for the 12th pick.

That is so far above EV it's crazy.

The Hawks won the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    How did the Hawks lose this trade?

They got rid of an expiring contract they didn't want and weren't going to pay long term for the 12th pick.

That is so far above EV it's crazy.

The Hawks won the trade.
    Cos the 12th pick will be nothing this draft, and they could have done better IMO. The draft dies in the ass after pick 7/8 this season.
    Not many solid starting PGs around.