Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    First off, good job using wikipedia.
    Good stuff purposely editing out the tiger confirmed to weigh over 1000lbs.

second, you're using the bears weight when it's all fattened up before hibernation when it literally doubles it's weight.
    OK then. Before hibernation the average size for a coastal brown bear is 750 lbs. Larger than the average size of a Siberian Tiger. Either way you cut it, it weighs more than a Siberian Tiger. Before hibernation, bigger. Approaching hibernation, MUCH bigger.

NBA rookie of the year

Uhhh, a siberian tiger is actually bigger than a grizzly.
    And a polar bear or Kodiak bear makes a Siberian tiger look small.

The polar bear is the largest terrestrial carnivore, being more than twice as large as the Siberian tiger.[37] It shares this title with the Kodiak bear.

Banned

Besides their spine, lions and tigers are not very different. Tigers are generally bigger, but a lion and a tiger of equal size are nearly identically equal. Tiger MIGHT have an advantage due to the stronger front legs which would be more dangerous for claw swipes.

Pretty even match IMO. If there's any advantage, it's not that big.

No their not.

Tigers are longer than lions, more muscular, and generally heavier in weight, although lions are taller than tigers. They also have stronger legs, and are much more active and agile when compared to lions. By nature, tigers are considered to be more aggressive than lions. Male lions are even thought to be lazy in a way, and will not do anything unless they really have to. Tigers are the more dominant big cat when lions and tigers are compared. Even in several cases where their genes have been mixed, the genes of the tiger have proven to be more prominent than the lion’s genes.

Male lions also rely on Female lion to do the hunting.

Tigers hunt for their own prey in the jungle, and then eat their catch alone.

Tigers are Superior to Lions. Those myth when we were little, "Lions are King of the Jungle" got all of your heads Fucccked up.

Like I said before 90% of the time Tiger win the Battle Between the Two.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    No their not.

Tigers are longer than lions, more muscular, and generally heavier in weight, although lions are taller than tigers. They also have stronger legs, and are much more active and agile when compared to lions. By nature, tigers are considered to be more aggressive than lions. Male lions are even thought to be lazy in a way, and will not do anything unless they really have to. Tigers are the more dominant big cat when lions and tigers are compared. Even in several cases where their genes have been mixed, the genes of the tiger have proven to be more prominent than the lion’s genes.

Male lions also rely on Female lion to do the hunting.

Tigers hunt for their own prey in the jungle, and then eat their catch alone.

Tigers are Superior to Lions. Those myth when we were little, "Lions are King of the Jungle" got all of your heads Fucccked up.

Like I said before 90% of the time Tiger win the Battle Between the Two.
    Except the don't battle in the first place. Nowhere in the world do tigers and lions live in the same place.

There's only 1 small little of area in India where there are still lions, and tigers don't live anywhere near that area.

Banned

This is how a tiger fights. Bear via rape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Ybg8R5U_Y

People believe in this myth that they're some ninja like fighters. Like all animals, they try and over power the other animal.

I'd love to see a tiger try and over power a brown bear. Tiger and lions skulls are too weak. A bear would bash it in quick fast.

Not to mention a bear is infinitely more dense than a tiger or a lion. The way in which their bodies are structured are for a more compact, and over powering frame.
    Last edited by tikay0; 03-19-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Banned

Except the don't battle in the first place. Nowhere in the world do tigers and lions live in the same place.

There's only 1 small little of area in India where there are still lions, and tigers don't live anywhere near that area.

Thats why I said Scientific facts were also involved.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0

People believe in this myth that they're some ninja like fighters. Like all animals, they try and over power the other animal.

I'd love to see a tiger try and over power a brown bear. Tiger and lions skulls are too weak. A bear would bash it in quick fast.

Not to mention a bear is infinitely more dense than a tiger or a lion. The way in which their bodies are structured are for a more compact, and over powering frame.
    Uhhhh.... so much fail in this post.

this is what happens when you have no real life experience with these animals. You don't even understand what you're seeing.

In your eyes, they're just trying to "overpower". In reality, the female purposely gets into a defensive position the protects her spine and neck and makes it next to impossible for the male on top to get in close without get slashes by her claws.

You'll notice when she first gets him off, she starts to stand up. When he acts like he's going back in, she drops and rolls over and holds her claws up. the male is not willing to risk an injury (as predators in the wild usually aren't) and the fight is over.

They're not just trying to bulldoze. They're actually very smart strategic fighters. Just because you don't have enough knowledge to understand whats happening doesn't mean there's noting there beyond you're perception.
    Last edited by NumberSix; 03-19-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Banned

What does that clip prove?

Please next time watch your own clips before posting, this is Three times I corrected you.

That clip is between Male tiger and a Female Tigress. They are not even fighting.

I do love Bears but one thing you have to understand its not always about POWER/STRENGTH.

Banned

Uhhhh.... so much fail in this post.

this is what happens when you have no real life experience with these animals. You don't even understand what you're seeing.

In your eyes, they're just trying to "overpower". In reality, the female purposely gets into a defensive position the protects her spine and neck and makes it next to impossible for the male on top to get in close without get slashes by her claws.

You'll notice when she first gets him off, she stands up. When he acts like he's going back in, she drops and rolls over and holds her claws up. the male is not willing to risk an injury (as predators in the wild usually aren't) and the fight is over.

They're not just trying to bulldoze. They're actually very smart strategic fighters. Just because you don't have enough knowledge to understand whats happening doesn't mean there's noting there beyond you're perception.
    I understand fully what was going on. At the end of the day, they're too frail to mess with a full grown brown bear.

Even with their claws, the bear has 2 inches of fat covering it's vital parts. The tiger doesn't. The bears head is like a football helmet, where as the tiger's head is a lot softer in nature, and easier to crack.

Bear all day. I love tigers too. I'm just being realistic.

Dunking on everybody in the park Unstoppabull's Avatar

Ok I like this thread. But c'mon, we know this ain't gonna trump the original LeBron and Big Ben vs a SilverBack Gorilla Thread.

Please next time watch your own clips before posting, this is Three times I corrected you.

That clip is between Male tiger and a Female Tigress. They are not even fighting.

I do love Bears but one thing you have to understand its not always about POWER/STRENGTH.
    The polar bear is stronger, heavier, bigger and has a longer reach. It could smash the tiger's skull with one blow and it would do that when the tiger came within range. During the gold rushes in the USA, fights between animals such as bears and lions or bears and tigers were popular except that the bears always won. Even when the bears were hobbled and tied to a stake they still usually won.

Banned

In the case of animals fighting. I've seen other footage of tigers and lions fighting. They hold their ground, and swipe at each other. Also lay on their back showing it's claws, in a defensive stance. They also grapple a bit.

A bear is the best grappling predator in the animal kingdom. Sounds funny, but they are. Not to mention they're blows are clubbing, and they generate much more force, due to their body structure.

If it's to the death, a bear outlasts a tiger. A lot more durable than a tiger.

I understand fully what was going on. At the end of the day, they're too frail to mess with a full grown brown bear.

Even with their claws, the bear has 2 inches of fat covering it's vital parts. The tiger doesn't. The bears head is like a football helmet, where as the tiger's head is a lot softer in nature, and easier to crack.

Bear all day. I love tigers too. I'm just being realistic.
    Yes, because that's what bears do, right? The grab an animals head and smash it against the ground until it's skull cracks. That's their go-to move, right? Then they usually finish them off with an elbow from the top rope...... Usually.

EVERYBODY knows that.

Banned

Yes, because that's what bears do, right? The grab an animals head and smash it against the ground until it's skull cracks. That's their go-to move, right? Then they usually finish them off with an elbow from the top rope...... Usually.

EVERYBODY knows that.
    No, but they throw clubbing blows at each other's faces, and bite whatever they can get a hold of.

They're also much better grappling predators. They can toss a tiger or a lion to the ground with ease. Just look at their body structure. They're all core.

Like another poster mentioned as well, they also have a tremendous reach advantage on a tiger or a lion, and their hind legs are much stronger, and sturdy.

In relation to how each fight, a bear holds most of the advantages.

In the case of animals fighting. I've seen other footage of tigers and lions fighting. They hold their ground, and swipe at each other. Also lay on their back showing it's claws, in a defensive stance. They also grapple a bit.

A bear is the best grappling predator in the animal kingdom. Sounds funny, but they are. Not to mention they're blows are clubbing, and they generate much more force, due to their body structure.

If it's to the death, a bear outlasts a tiger. A lot more durable than a tiger.
    You don't understand how much of a problem the big cats claws are to other animals. A lot of people focus on teeth and bite force, size, weight, etc.. but it's the claws man.

Grizzly gets owned. Doesn't want beef with them claws.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yti2UY5D0zw