Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Durant has scheduled meetings with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors (via Marc Stein)

Honestly disappointed he's even meeting with SAS/GSW

68 and 73-win teams..

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Durant has scheduled meetings with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors (via Marc Stein)

Lol imagine if LeBron lost in the finals in 7 and then opted out and signed with or even MET with GSW...The utter shitstorm

Default Re: Durant has scheduled meetings with the Thunder, Spurs, Warriors (via Marc Stein)

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Lol imagine if LeBron lost in the finals in 7 and then opted out and signed with or even MET with GSW...The utter shitstorm
    Lebron is a top 2-3 goat. Durant isn't. That's why he's not held to same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Lebron is a top 2-3 goat. Durant isn't. That's why he's not held to same standard.
    still man.. an MVP level player better not join 68/73 win teams which are his two primary conference rivals, when he already has enough to win and its shown in those three always having 6/7 game series', deep into the playoffs...

would be like Bron joining the Celtics (except he didnt really have a title team previously, and the Celtics werent 60+ win caliber team by 2010). Instead he joined his draft buddy Wade on a 47-win team... the addition of Bosh being a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    still man.. an MVP level player better not join 68/73 win teams which are his two primary conference rivals, when he already has enough to win and its shown in those three always having 6/7 game series', deep into the playoffs...

would be like Bron joining the Celtics (except he didnt really have a title team previously, and the Celtics werent 60+ win caliber team by 2010). Instead he joined his draft buddy Wade on a 47-win team... the addition of Bosh being a bonus.
    He shouldn't. What I'm trying to say is that Bron's legacy is sealed after this year. Nothing else matters. He's etched in stone on the Mt Rushmore. Possibly top 2. Anything else is a bonus.

GSW stacking up even further has no bearing on what James has just accomplished. Durant joining the Warriors would hurt his legacy and I'm not sure he'd be stupid enough to do that especially after seeing the adulation lebron just received by doing it the hard way.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    True. Still, I would lose all respect for him if he joined the Warriors.

Translation: we don't want 3/8 to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    Translation: we don't want 3/8 to happen

Translation: LeBron is a colluding btch for joining a 47-win team but KD can join as many 70 win teams as he wants

Nah, 3-8, or 3-7, isnt even a thing at this points...

its just, 2nd greatest of all time, LeBron James, 3x Champion..

Life's good.

Translation: LeBron is a colluding btch for joining a 47-win team but KD can join as many 70 win teams as he wants

Life's good.
    Don't worry, kyrie got his back with his mamba mentality.

And no he's not even top 5 yet. That's a spot reserved for consistent winners.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Life's good.
    Yup.

I would have 0 problem with Durant going to Boston (48 win team) and bringing some other nice players Jimmy Butler, DMC, Kevin Love etc with him. (Although, that's not better than what he has now)

Joining the warriors would be just weak.

Durant is only in the market for a 1-year contract anyway, and he narrowly lost in game 7 of the WCF this year, so I think he should at least give it one more shot with the Thunder.

Westbrook + Oladipo + Adams + Kanter is already a very strong supporting cast, running away from that to join the team that beat him (GSW) would be a complete bitch move.

And why would he join the Spurs ? He already beat them this year, Duncan/Parker/Ginobili aren't getting any younger, and he plays the same position as Leonard.

So he can either be his own man and stay in OKC, and or he can piggyback off other people's success in GS.

Durant not even giving Rockets and Lakers a meeting (via Woj/Vertical)

Hold this L, Laker$ and Haren.

The Celtics have a meeting scheduled with Kevin Durant reports Y!

Steph Curry and Klay Thompson will reportedly attend the Warriors meeting with Kevin Durant.

I have my sources.

He's staying with The Thunder.

KD and Ibaka had beef for a while and OKC trade Serge away to appease KD, Thunder also interested in bringing in Pau Gasol.