Default In the NBA there is only one prize, The Championship. Never Forget

People acting like 73-9 is some great achievement by itself miss the point of the NBA regular season, which is to put yourself in position to win a title. anything less than a title is a loss from that perspective.

Default Re: In the NBA there is only one prize, The Championship. Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    People acting like 73-9 is some great achievement by itself miss the point of the NBA regular season, which is to put yourself in position to win a title. anything less than a title is a loss from that perspective.
    If achieving a goal works against that primary objective, I agree. It wasn't worth it. These records will be historic regardless, but without the accompanying chip, they will be historic as a lesson more than anything else.

"Remember the Warriors?" They CANNOT lose if they ever want anywhere NEAR the credit they deserve for this season.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Wrong.

No one invests in a 1 in 30 chance. No one.

There are plenty of prizes along the way, including getting rich in the process.

Curry was unknown not long ago, now everyone in the world knows him.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    Wrong.

No one invests in a 1 in 30 chance. No one.

There are plenty of prizes along the way, including getting rich in the process.

Curry was unknown not long ago, now everyone in the world knows him.
    /thread

NBA Legend

It is a great achievement in itself. There's a reason it hasn't been done before in 60+ years of pro basketball history.

Would they rather win the 'chip? Sure. That doesn't negate what the regular season win record means in its own right.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    If achieving a goal works against that primary objective, I agree. It wasn't worth it. These records will be historic regardless, but without the accompanying chip, they will be historic as a lesson more than anything else.

"Remember the Warriors?" They CANNOT lose if they ever want anywhere NEAR the credit they deserve for this season.

Wait, are there people who think the Warriors achieving the record has anything to do with their current position against the Thunder?

If they'd have missed a few more shots in December and January or sat Curry out for an extra game 6 weeks ago, it would solve their matchup problems with the Thunder?

There are people who think this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Wait, are there people who think the Warriors achieving the record has anything to do with their current position against the Thunder?

If they'd have missed a few more shots in December and January or sat Curry out for an extra game 6 weeks ago, it would solve their matchup problems with the Thunder?

There are people who think this way?

I think you can argue they are mentally exhausted. On top of trying to repeat they pushed themselves to the brink trying to get a meaningless record. I don't know if I'd agree with that, but I could see someone believing that

I think you can argue they are mentally exhausted. On top of trying to repeat they pushed themselves to the brink trying to get a meaningless record. I don't know if I'd agree with that, but I could see someone believing that
    Exactly. It's damn near impossible to say for sure, and I think in GS' position I'd have gone for the record too, but can it be ruled out that the chase for 73 had a trickle down effect leading to mental and maybe even physical wear-down? No, it's definitely possible though I agree no one can say for sure one way or the other.

Either way this season is going to likely make people ask those questions, and it's part of why I don't believe we will never see THIS RS record shattered.

Learning to shoot layups KnicksFan11's Avatar

If they had a chance to break the record.. It was definitely worth breaking history.