Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default When Jordan announced he was going to play for the Wizards, what did you think would

happen?

I thought he'd eventually dominate again and win another title. I was obviously in denial concerning father time.

Don't get me wrong, MJ had some great moments as a Wizard...but he was simply a shell of his prior self.

How gullible was I for thinking MJ would be the best again and win another title?

Banned

Default Re: When Jordan announced he was going to play for the Wizards, what did you think would

I was a kid back then and I thought it was dumb. I remember watching his final game as a bull when he hit that game winning shot and thinking it was the perfect ending.

I was about 10 when I heard MJ was coming back, and even as young and dumb as I was I thought it was stupid of him to do considering he had the most perfect final game ever. 45 points and the epic finals winning shot? Why spoil that? The comeback years in Washington damaged MJ's legacy IMO.

I was not hyped for MJ's comeback at all.

I thought he'd be old and the wizards would stay a shitty team. I was right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqcQl0PRVkk
    Can a final game be more perfect than this one? No. Dumbass MJ had to come back and ruin it.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 04-15-2016 at 02:53 AM.

Default Re: When Jordan announced he was going to play for the Wizards, what did you think would

I always consider his Wizard days as a freak show type deal. He had not played for 3 years and was 38 going on 39 and was also part owner which made it even more freak showish. Honestly, I don't even really count his Wizard days as part of his career. The guy was 38-40, an age when 95% of wing players aren't even good enough to compete at the NBA level. But MJ held his own during those two years.

21.2 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 4.4 APG, 1.5 SPG, 19.9 PER

NBA lottery pick

Looking back, it was a truly amazing two year run. At the time I was just glad to see MJ play again. But i enjoy seeing players look mortal and still finding ways to win.

Very good NBA starter

only morons thought he was going to win a championship with those wizards

I knew that Wizards team was shit, but I expected him to take them deep in the playoffs.