Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is the NBA getting unpredictable in terms of NBA Superstars??

Taking a look at Kwahi, Curry, Harden..

When these players came into the league, I didn't envision them to be where they are today. I wouldn't have seen Harden as a premier scorer in this league nor the best SG in the league. I didn't think curry would be this good, I remember people talking negative about curry coming out of Davidson..

And Kwahi, never in a million years would anyone have guessed this stud out of San Diego State U would win DPOTY and a FMVP and maybe another FMVP by the age of 24..

I say that to say this, you never know what to expect now a days from players entering the league..

Remember when people thought Derrick Williams was the next big thing? Now look at him!

Banned

Default Re: Is the NBA getting unpredictable in terms of NBA Superstars??

None of them are superstars tho

I don't know man... I just don't think Kawhi/Curry/Harden are as good as say LeBron/Kobe/Wade in recent years or Shaq/Duncan/Kobe/KG awhile back

one of them is manufactured

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Probably this.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Imtheman
    Taking a look at Kwahi, Curry, Harden..

When these players came into the league, I didn't envision them to be where they are today. I wouldn't have seen Harden as a premier scorer in this league nor the best SG in the league. I didn't think curry would be this good, I remember people talking negative about curry coming out of Davidson..

And Kwahi, never in a million years would anyone have guessed this stud out of San Diego State U would win DPOTY and a FMVP and maybe another FMVP by the age of 24..

I say that to say this, you never know what to expect now a days from players entering the league..

Remember when people thought Derrick Williams was the next big thing? Now look at him!
    Kwahis not a superstar

:
    Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Come on man, be real. Kwahi I understand. James Harden and Curry are superstars.

If not, then what is it going to take for them to achieve that level?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq
    I don't know man... I just don't think Kawhi/Curry/Harden are as good as say LeBron/Kobe/Wade in recent years or Shaq/Duncan/Kobe/KG awhile back
    I agree, you're right when it comes to that. Seems like Prime KG, Duncan, Kobe, Shaq were on a whole nother level.

Did you guys consider Prime Tmac to be a superstar at that time? If so, then why not Harden? Or Curry?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Imtheman
    Did you guys consider Prime Tmac to be a superstar at that time? If so, then why not Harden? Or Curry?
    I think all 3 were/are

Banned

'Superstar' is not a word I would use to describe any of those players you listed. The NBA is experiencing a lack of true, bonafide star talent (for various reasons, including rampant inuries). That's why role players are being elevated, 2nd options are winning scoring titles, etc.

It's also why the NBA is running with that corny 'new hero ball' campaign.

You people are delusional if you don't think Curry is a superstar. Led the league in all star votes, led his team to 67 wins, shattered his own record for most 3's in a season, etc. He's doing shit that we haven't seen before. He's a bonafide superstar, both in terms of performance and popularity. Even casual basketball fans know who he is.

Carmelo ****ing Anthony is a superstar, but Curry, Harden, and Kawhi aren't?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    You people are delusional if you don't think Curry is a superstar. Led the league in all star votes, led his team to 67 wins, shattered his own record for most 3's in a season, etc. He's doing shit that we haven't seen before. He's a bonafide superstar, both in terms of performance and popularity. Even casual basketball fans know who he is.

No he's not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent

What is he doing that hasn't been done already?

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    What is he doing that hasn't been done already?
    Name me someone else who made 284 3's in one season. Or 272 for that matter.

Greatest shooter ever, who also happens to have elite ball handling and passing skills, and plays solid defense as well. His skillset is unheard of.