Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron is Playing with Career Losers.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Before Lebron arrived, Wade was pretty much a "loser", as well. Same with Chris Bosh before he joined up.
    A player with a Finals MVP in his first 7 seasons is a "loser"? How many players in NBA history could claim that? Easily one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on this site

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

BTW, just how much did Wade contribute in the post-season in their two title runs? Same with his two Finals performances in those two years, as well?

actually more than he gets credit for to be honest...although he was very poor in the eastern playoffs in 13, but pretty good in the finals...and played really well in the 14 eastern playoffs and was shit in the finals.

but, i mean, Wade was better than Lebron in the 11 playoffs. still elite in 12, came through when it really mattered in 13, and wore down by the finals in 14.

what everyone ignores is that Wade still busted his ass on defense during that 4 year run.

no doubt his play in 13 and 14 at times left a lot to be desired, but like I said above...he did enough in 13.

and are we ignoring 11? If Lebron doesn't have the worst choke ever...the Heat are sitting on 3 titles...and really 14 doesn't matter. The reason why 14 matters so much is precisely because Lebron choked and cost the Heat a title (with the Mavs of course having a role as well)

so I don't know....to me, Wade was still a damn good player that picked his spots well and doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he did on the defensive side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Funny how the guy with the great bball IQ, the guy who manages his image so carefully could overlook such a fundamental aspect to a player's make up, but somehow Bran got caught napping and he is paying the price now.

The Cavs core players (Love, Irving, Thompson, and Waiters) have never played on a playoff team, they haven't a clue how to win and they are plenty comfortable producing and plowing through the season. You see, these guys don't know how to win, and it is going to take them a long time to change their entire NBA makeover to that of a winner because they have all received praise and accolades without ever doing anything of note. Not having that knowledge and feel for what it takes to win (due to never experiencing it) is a huge detriment and it may take a couple of seasons for Bran to teach them (though by shipping Wiggins and Bennett out of town, its obvious the last thing Bran wants to do is teach or mentor).

In Miami Bran had Wade (heart of a lion and a champion), Ray Allen (so clutch and a champion), high character guys like Miller and Battier and dogs like Birdman and Haslem, in Cleveland he has an older Miller, brittle Andy and Shawn Marion.

With an unwilling leader like Bran, a club with a culture of losing and a rookie coach from Euroland, it is going to be really difficult to make sweeping attitudinal changes in Cleveland.

We really should have seen this coming. They can sort it out, but it might be more difficult than people thought.

Wasn't Lebron a career loser, too, before he joined Wade & Riley?

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Funny how the guy with the great bball IQ, the guy who manages his image so carefully could overlook such a fundamental aspect to a player's make up, but somehow Bran got caught napping and he is paying the price now.

The Cavs core players (Love, Irving, Thompson, and Waiters) have never played on a playoff team, they haven't a clue how to win and they are plenty comfortable producing and plowing through the season. You see, these guys don't know how to win, and it is going to take them a long time to change their entire NBA makeover to that of a winner because they have all received praise and accolades without ever doing anything of note. Not having that knowledge and feel for what it takes to win (due to never experiencing it) is a huge detriment and it may take a couple of seasons for Bran to teach them (though by shipping Wiggins and Bennett out of town, its obvious the last thing Bran wants to do is teach or mentor).

In Miami Bran had Wade (heart of a lion and a champion), Ray Allen (so clutch and a champion), high character guys like Miller and Battier and dogs like Birdman and Haslem, in Cleveland he has an older Miller, brittle Andy and Shawn Marion.

With an unwilling leader like Bran, a club with a culture of losing and a rookie coach from Euroland, it is going to be really difficult to make sweeping attitudinal changes in Cleveland.

We really should have seen this coming. They can sort it out, but it might be more difficult than people thought.
    So you are telling me that ISH overreacted by calling Cleveland the most stacked team of all time and that the most regular season wins record was in jeopardy?

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    So you're going to cut off half of Wade's career (where he had competent supporting cast) where he led the Heat to the Eastern Semis as a rookie, co-led the Heat to the Eastern Conference Finals with Shaq in 2005, and then led the Heat to the title in 2006? How convenient.

Moron.
    Especially like how he ignores the first 3 years of Wade's career and instead focuses only on two years that were wrecked by injury (in 06-07 he looked the best player in the league before he went down) and another two seasons where Miami were deliberately not attempting to compete to secure cap space for 2010. You can't bring 08/09 and 09/10 against Wade when he and the Miami organisation quite sensibly decided to rebuild around 2010 free-agency - those two seasons were sacrificed to help build a team that made the finals 4 straight seasons.

Before Lebron arrived, Wade was pretty much a "loser", as well. Same with Chris Bosh before he joined up.
    This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen on here, especially since his subsequent attempts to defend this laughable position make it seem like he's serious and not trolling. Wade, who had a ring and a Finals MVP before LeBron showed up, was a "loser".

As for the OP, I can't tell if he's a LeBron stan or not. It reads like a "LeBron needs more help!" post, but then he does point out that Bran lacks any leadership ability whatsoever.

You're better than this man, common...

Banned

Kobe turned pau a career playoff loser to a 2 time champion

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Good thing Duncan has had the fortune to never go through anything like that. Like ever in his career.
    Correct. Oh the advantages of being a true professional.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Correct. Oh the advantages of being a true professional.
    Or just being a closeted Homo.

Banned

Bron makes everyone better doe

Very good NBA starter

I think it's pretty obvious Lebron didn't choose Cleveland because of the makeup of their team...

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Or just being a closeted Homo.
    Not really sure what relevance that has in a discussion of being able to get along with people or not.

But I'll just leave this here

Kobe fans having a horrid few years.