Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Default Someone with more bball knowledge than me give me a rundown on the Clippers

I feel like they are not only underperforming but also regressing. CP3 is constantly lauded as the best PG in the game, if this is true why does he struggle with so many good players around him? (lets not turn this into a PG debate, i want some serious answers)

Default Re: Someone with more bball knowledge than me give me a rundown on the Clippers

Docs an overrated coach
    CP3 is too passive
    Looks like they barely run any plays, especially down the stretch just becomes Crawford isos

Griffins become a jump shooter and DJ has become a non factor.
    Barnes is finished

Thats about all i can think of for now But yeah in all the games ive seen them play so far this season theyve looked like complete shit

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Someone with more bball knowledge than me give me a rundown on the Clippers

Too reliant on the extra pass in their offense. Ball movement is key, I know that, but sometimes you just got to have that one player you can pass it to and say hey, give me a bucket. The offense should be run by Griffin in the post. Every time. CP has been pretty passive. Barnes, Crawford, Redick shouldn't be taking as much shots as they are. They still don't have a reserve back up Center that can defend when DJ gets into foul trouble. Turkoglu should not be getting any minutes. Same with Farmar, and Hawes should stop chucking up 3 pointers on every trip down the floor.

I don't know, and tbh, don't see the greatness that others see in Doc. I think he's hella overrated. His rotations are shit and he fails to adjust in certain instances in games.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Docs an overrated coach
    CP3 is too passive
    Looks like they barely run any plays, especially down the stretch just becomes Crawford isos

Griffins become a jump shooter and DJ has become a non factor.
    Barnes is finished

Thats about all i can think of for now But yeah in all the games ive seen them play so far this season theyve looked like complete shit
    thanks for the breakdown, it just really pisses me off how they have 2 of the most naturally gifted players in the league (DJ and Griffin) yet they underpeform so badly. This new generation smh, all they care about is their money

Banned

AA-hire coach
    Only good players are Paul, Reddick, Blake, and DJ

bench is terrible.

NBA rookie of the year

Outside of Griffin and Jordan, they are the least athletic team in NBA

Local High School Star

They don't have the pieces to run good plays. They can run good hi-loe plays but that's it. Griffin cant win as a jump shooter and he doesn't fight hard enough for deep positions.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Perhaps it is not the rational or pragmatic answer. I'm not superstitious, but it is the Clippers bud. If you believe in destiny, surely it is theirs to never have success.

I will never forget 97 when the made the playoffs and I was like what? Always had a soft spot for them after that, especially cause they are not the lakers (being a Sixers fan). Even back then I think they underachieved. Props to the Polish Rifle though!

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

The interior D of Blake/Hawes and DJ is horrific as it gets, on top of that there SG's and SF's can't stay in front of anyone. Defensively you can pretty much destroy them every single way possible aside from attacking CP3 at the point.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    thanks for the breakdown, it just really pisses me off how they have 2 of the most naturally gifted players in the league (DJ and Griffin) yet they underpeform so badly. This new generation smh, all they care about is their money
    To be fair its not the generation or the money, DJ and Griffin just aren't that good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    The interior D of Blake/Hawes and DJ is horrific as it gets, on top of that there SG's and SF's can't stay in front of anyone. Defensively you can pretty much destroy them every single way possible aside from attacking CP3 at the point.
    JJ is a good defender though. It's more Crawford who sucks on D

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Question,has Barnes ever hit an open shot? The
    Way they use him as a spot up shooter makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    Question,has Barnes ever hit an open shot? The
    Way they use him as a spot up shooter makes no sense
    Yeah, Barnes is just so limited out there and his defense is not that great either. Pulling him out in favor of Bullock or Crawford can improve their offense but mostly, I think it's thier defense.
    I think its the "collective" effort, not doing the extra things, not winning that 50/50 ball, not diving for loose balls etc. If you compare the talent of Collison and Farmar, these dudes are pretty much the same but Darren hustles more.

Let me break it down for you.

Chris Paul has been his usual, stellar self.
    JJ Redick has been terrible
    Matt Barnes has been terrible
    Blake Griffin has been terrible
    Deandre Jordan has been okay

Jamal Crawford has been pretty good
    Spencer Hawes has been meh
    Jordan Farmar has been sh!t

Clippers depth is bad

Doc Rivers is Doc Rivers
    Steve Ballmer has been awesome

Despite all that they have a winning record. Once Blake and Redick figure it out + they add some depth, they'll be contender once more.

Blake Griffin is playing like a hormonal 13 year old girl. Won't go in the paint, rather chuck. Swear, dude's on estrogen pills or something.

JJ and Barnes can't hit water falling off the titanic.

Paul is passive, but still balling.

Jamal is Jamal, good games, shit games.

Jordan has been inconsistent.

Defense is non-existent. No offensive flow majority of the time.

Doc is just collecting $$$. Woodson is ass. Frank is ass.