Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

Default Re: antonio davis says players don't fear bron like they did mj and he does play like...

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    For the old school cats, what he said is just common, accepted truth. And that's not meant to degrade this generation but when you saw the GOAT killer play and also played and watched an era where you had to be tough, watching Bron flopping, traveling, colluding, getting guys suspended and just being a beta for many games is just something we can't respect.

OK old man. Rose colored glasses.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Default Re: antonio davis says players don't fear bron like they did mj and he does play like...

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    This shouldn't be viewed so much as a put down of Lebron, but more of how obsessive and psychopathic Jordan was. Two different personality, you can't expect Lebron to have Jordan's personality, which was unique to Jordan. Jordan is the most focused human being I've ever known of, if you aimed for his balls he will get consumed with trying to destroy the you.
    Exactly, well said.

Thats what drove Jordan to be the best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dubnation

OK old man. Rose colored glasses.
    He's right though. Take a seat, kid.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Do people on here live in a vacuum where they are only aware of basketball? Some of the superlatives they use to describe NBA players is hilarious... they aren't that tough, basketball isn't a high impact contact sport like the NFL, Rugby even ice hockey.

Its like people on a squash forum calling this era soft, and how players back in the day had such killer mentality etc etc. Its basketball, no era ever is that tough

... and then Bron did 41/16/7 in an elimination game in the NBA finals on the road against a 73-win team

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    ... and then Bron did 41/16/7 in an elimination game in the NBA finals on the road against a 73-win team
    Yeah he gotta get props for that, i didn't think he had it in him. He proved me wrong.

He gotta back it up now.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    your to young it was a time when hard picks and fouls were played. When the east was a powerhouse.
    And you are too illiterate.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Yup. I'm sure most of us know about some of his tales of guys who had good games on him and what happened next time they played him. He didn't take sh't from nobody. Went up against the most dirty, thuggish team ever and never took a step back, despite all the pounding. That's why MJ is so loved. Human beings in general admire courage, heart and determination and MJ personified that. People want to see someone give it their best effort and not leave anything on the table. LeBron just didn't have that mentality. MJ was cut from a different cloth.
    this.. we will never forget the context.

Why isn't a single NBA player not on Cavs defending Bron and saying he's not a bitch?

It's because he is a bitch. His whole career is just one big bitch fest. He's so mentally weak that he doesn't realize that to redeem himself he must join a team in the west that isn't already stacked with the best record and then he must win it all. Anything else puts him out of the top 15 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Why isn't a single NBA player not on Cavs defending Bron and saying he's not a bitch?

It's because he is a bitch. His whole career is just one big bitch fest. He's so mentally weak that he doesn't realize that to redeem himself he must join a team in the west that isn't already stacked with the best record and then he must win it all. Anything else puts him out of the top 15 for sure.

Word.

Everyone disrespects the lil bitch.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Davis has a point , but Bron has always played as a team player , not an imitator or as a dominate type player... quite frankly the rules all most don't allow it...

But I would like him to be , just to motivate his game another notch

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Lebron knows he can shut everyone up by pulling this off and I expect him to play like it the next two games. If he can lead his team back from a 3-1 deficit to the 73 win Warriors, winning game 7 on the road and denying the newly crowned Curry the capstone to his brilliant, record-breaking season, there is nothing anyone can say about him. That would be the feather in his cap. That's what will be brought up 20 years from now when discussing his legacy.

And I'd love to see half of ISH scatter trying to explain "2 for 7".

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Lebron knows he can shut everyone up by pulling this off and I expect him to play like it the next two games. If he can lead his team back from a 3-1 deficit to the 73 win Warriors, winning game 7 on the road and denying the newly crowned Curry the capstone to his brilliant, record-breaking season, there is nothing anyone can say about him. That would be the feather in his cap. That's what will be brought up 20 years from now when discussing his legacy.

And I'd love to see half of ISH scatter trying to explain "2 for 7".
    One down. One to go...