Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Daddy Wade In These Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    especially with drummond sitting out a lot of time too.

Hawks and raptors are about the same level.. both trash.
    Pistons will finish 3-4th next year, book it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    We'll see. You could be right but I'd be very surprised (and truly impressed with Miami) if they can take more than a game against LeBron, even if the Cavs roster is highly flawed, particularly on D where LBJ holds them together essentially singlehandedly.

But yeah I think Detroit was better than Charlotte too, though the gap between the two is negligible either way. I'm saying Cavs in 4 but 5 max. He's also going to be so jacked up to play in this series against Wade and Pat.
    Dude, Charlotte were the best team in the East after the all-star break, they were top 10 in offense and defense for the season; saying Detroit is a better team than them is simply inane, and contrary to all available facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Dude, Charlotte were the best team in the East after the all-star break, they were top 10 in offense and defense for the season; saying Detroit is a better team than them is simply inane, and contrary to all available facts.
    You're probably right on this point. As I expected both teams to be first round fodder and total non-factors, I have to admit I'm not really up to date on specifics regarding their seasons. The Hornets were absolutely at the bottom of the playoff teams along with Detroit. That's all fair enough but saying that Charlotte is better than any of the teams Cleveland has faced in the playoffs changes nothing regarding the fact that LeBron is not capable of losing to any team in the East. People can say that, they can say LeBron has struggled in games in Miami since leaving... none of it is going to matter in the end when the chips are down.

Very good NBA starter

You're probably right on this point. As I expected both teams to be first round fodder and total non-factors, I have to admit I'm not really up to date on specifics regarding their seasons. The Hornets were absolutely at the bottom of the playoff teams along with Detroit. That's all fair enough but saying that Charlotte is better than any of the teams Cleveland has faced in the playoffs changes nothing regarding the fact that LeBron is not capable of losing to any team in the East. People can say that, they can say LeBron has struggled in games in Miami since leaving... none of it is going to matter in the end when the chips are down.
    I think the issue with MIA is that he looks at it like a big brother. It's where he won his championships, catapulted up the rankings, and learned. When Lebron plays MIA you don't see "killer" Lebron like when he faces the Celtics, OKC, or even a team like Golden State. He treats MIA games like scrimmages. I've seen their games since end of 2014 and he's always joking with those guys. This series will be a good personal challenge for him because Wade will absolutely come at him with everything he has. Deng and Johnson have lost to him countless times. He may love MIA org but the players on that team do not like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    The Hornets are better than anyone the Cavs have played. Cavs are clear favourites, but they aren't winning in 4 against Miami, as they really aren't that good, despite all their talent (not to mention the likelihood of Lebron choking in South Beach).

They swept the Pistons, but every game was pretty close, and the Pistons are shit.
    If Cavs and Miami do meet, wonder how many maintenance games Wade will take?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    If Cavs and Miami do meet, wonder how many maintenance games Wade will take?
    The same number that represents the championships LeBron has won without Wade

Daddy *Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    I think the issue with MIA is that he looks at it like a big brother. It's where he won his championships, catapulted up the rankings, and learned. When Lebron plays MIA you don't see "killer" Lebron like when he faces the Celtics, OKC, or even a team like Golden State. He treats MIA games like scrimmages. I've seen their games since end of 2014 and he's always joking with those guys. This series will be a good personal challenge for him because Wade will absolutely come at him with everything he has. Deng and Johnson have lost to him countless times. He may love MIA org but the players on that team do not like him.
    Maybe in regular season terms, but the playoffs are a totally different animal and there is just no way in hell he brings that sort of mentality to these games. No way. He knows if hell froze over and he somehow lost ( ) it would be a terrible look after he just left.

I rule the local playground

Maybe in regular season terms, but the playoffs are a totally different animal and there is just no way in hell he brings that sort of mentality to these games.
    He has on the highest stage before.

Not saying Cavs won't win. But I think it's a legit thing to say there might be a psychological block for Lebron when facing his former team... and by the same token, a psychological edge that someone like Wade might gain.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Cavs in 4. Start preemptively lining up your Bosh excuses, Bron haters, 'cause it's happening.

Just like every year, there are a short list of contenders in this league (this year, it's three) who will pretty much never lose to any of the other 27 teams if healthy, and in the all-time stacked case of the Warriors, it looks like that even if not healthy. Would legitimate league parity be interesting to have in the NBA? Sure. Is it a thing? No. Barring injury to LeBron, there is a literal 100% chance of the Cavs representing the East. It just is what it is.

Wade has had a phenomenal career. But beating the Hornets (lol) and the choking Raptors is something he really should be able to do given the fact that he does have some talent around him even without CB1. I'm happy we will finally get to see a head-to-head between the two since the Heatles days, because it will be fun to watch. Shame about the whole "Wade not winning a single game" aspect to it though.
    Warriors beat Houston and Blazers @ Oracle with no Curry and you claim it is evidence on how good they are and how they can contend with SA

Heat beat the Hornets and Raptors and you write it off as "lol"...

Trolling exposed

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Warriors beat Houston and Blazers @ Oracle with no Curry and you claim it is evidence on how good they are and how they can contend with SA

Trolling exposed
    How many times have you said that the East sucks and Cleveland has a cakewalk all the way to the Finals?

Now all of a sudden the Hornets and Raps are legit to you??

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    How many times have you said that the East sucks and Cleveland has a cakewalk all the way to the Finals?

Now all of a sudden the Hornets and Raps are legit to you??

all of a sudden the Hornets arent legit because the Heat beat them?

they were a top 10 offense and defense team this year

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonrain777
    all of a sudden the Hornets arent legit because the Heat beat them?

they were a top 10 offense and defense team this year
    I never said they weren't.

Warriorsfag and many others have said Cavs have a cakewalk to the Finals (regardless who they play). Now all of a sudden he's calling Charlotte a legit team.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

Trolling exposed
    Me calling Curry's supporting cast as all-time stacked and undeniably historic has nothing to do with these two series on their own. I had been saying this about Steph's help all year. You can disagree but I'm not being hypocritical at all. There are more than enough instances of Klay, Dray or both carrying this team when Curry isn't on the court to make the claims that I made.

You also conceded that this GSW supporting cast probably stands on its own as a top 3 team in today's league in another thread. Why would you admit such a thing "based on a series vs. HOU/POR"? Correct me if I'm wrong but I had never seen you even come close to doing so until very recently, when you made your thread semi-admitting they are good without Steph for the first time I've ever seen, but of course reminding us that they're better with him. I honestly have stayed consistent in my view on this all year while you're ironically the one who seems to have had his mind change based on what you've seen lately.