Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Lamarcus Aldridge is the best player on the Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    good lord....38 pts and 41 pts.

Kawhi disappearing again the playoffs

Not a hater, I want him to succeed, but the truth is he's a mental midget.
    Dude got a FMVP from LeBron. Definitely not a mental midget.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Westbrook and Durant with 60 points on 50%

amazing lockdown defense Kawhi

Leonard is still their best and most impactful player. Aldridge might be their best scorer but when they isolate him and he scores, it is different from their team basketball brand. He was dominating Ibaka but it was not the quick shooting team playing the way they did it in game 1.

Rubbish: OKC are living with Aldridge's midrange, and instead taking away the 3 ball and easy shots at the rim. In the first game he was just wide open for most of them. OP is just boxscore watching.

Serious playground baller Mike smith's Avatar

It's threads like this that annoys me. Just because Leonard had one game where he didn't shoot well doesn't mean he isn't the Spurs best player. I'm an okc fan but also am a fan of Leonard of how much he has improved this year and his impact on the game. One of the top players in the nba

after 2 games?

what about over 86 games from the start of the season to Game 4 of that Spurs vs Grizzlies series?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...-vs-spurs.html

College superstar

NBA 2k16 disagrees with the OP.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    after 2 games?

what about over 86 games from the start of the season to Game 4 of that Spurs vs Grizzlies series?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...-vs-spurs.html
    Prisoners of the moment.

Banned

LMA is great but Kawhi is clearly their best player but he is much better defensively than offensively imo. Sometimes offensively he is quite off. Also the fact that Ibaka is an awful post defender makes LMA do whatever he wants with NoDbaka. Pop is taking full advantage of Ibaka's uselessness. That's why LMA takes that many shots and SAS's offense goes through him. Smart move from Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Rubbish: OKC are living with Aldridge's midrange, and instead taking away the 3 ball and easy shots at the rim.

Banned

Aldridge is wideopen uncontested on most of his jumpshots and playing against a horrible post and pick and pop defender in Serge Ibaka.

He looks like the best player on the Spurs this series, but it is actually Kawhi. Don't forget that Kawhi is also playing elite defense on the other end while at the same time giving his offensive production.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Looking at only one side of the ball. Aldridge was -4 for the game while Leonard was +11. The only reason we had a chance this game is because of Leonard's amazing defense. If Aldridge played better on the defensive end, OKC wouldn't of went off like they did. I'm not saying Leonard played well offensively, but for Aldridge to have such a monster game offensively and come away with a -4 just goes to show how atrocious he was on the defensive end.

I mean, Tim Duncan who scored 2 points on 1/8 shooting was a -2. What you gonna tell me, he was out on the floor when Aldridge wasn't and that's why it's lower? Everyone stunk it up offensively except him, so that doesn't make sense. 2-way play is important here, but we're a defensive team this season and Aldridge needs to get back to what got us here.
    LOL wtf.

A -4 plus minus means that Aldridge, and the Spurs players on the floor with him, scored 4 points less than the OKC players on the floor during those imes.

You're acting like Aldridge was on the court alone, and facing the same OKC opponent that Duncan and Kawhi did.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Looking at only one side of the ball. Aldridge was -4 for the game while Leonard was +11. The only reason we had a chance this game is because of Leonard's amazing defense. If Aldridge played better on the defensive end, OKC wouldn't of went off like they did. I'm not saying Leonard played well offensively, but for Aldridge to have such a monster game offensively and come away with a -4 just goes to show how atrocious he was on the defensive end.

I mean, Tim Duncan who scored 2 points on 1/8 shooting was a -2. What you gonna tell me, he was out on the floor when Aldridge wasn't and that's why it's lower? Everyone stunk it up offensively except him, so that doesn't make sense. 2-way play is important here, but we're a defensive team this season and Aldridge needs to get back to what got us here.
    Plus minus

The ISH'ers Champion!

Captain obvious had a child. That child is OP.