Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lamarcus Aldridge is the best player on the Spurs

good lord....38 pts and 41 pts.

Kawhi disappearing again the playoffs

Not a hater, I want him to succeed, but the truth is he's a mental midget.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Lamarcus Aldridge is the best player on the Spurs

Looking at only one side of the ball. Aldridge was -4 for the game while Leonard was +11. The only reason we had a chance this game is because of Leonard's amazing defense. If Aldridge played better on the defensive end, OKC wouldn't of went off like they did. I'm not saying Leonard played well offensively, but for Aldridge to have such a monster game offensively and come away with a -4 just goes to show how atrocious he was on the defensive end.

I mean, Tim Duncan who scored 2 points on 1/8 shooting was a -2. What you gonna tell me, he was out on the floor when Aldridge wasn't and that's why it's lower? Everyone stunk it up offensively except him, so that doesn't make sense. 2-way play is important here, but we're a defensive team this season and Aldridge needs to get back to what got us here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Looking at only one side of the ball. Aldridge was -4 for the game while Leonard was +11. The only reason we had a chance this game is because of Leonard's amazing defense. If Aldridge played better on the defensive end, OKC wouldn't of went off like they did. I'm not saying Leonard played well offensively, but for Aldridge to have such a monster game offensively and come away with a -4 just goes to show how atrocious he was on the defensive end.

I mean, Tim Duncan who scored 2 points on 1/8 shooting was a -2. What you gonna tell me, he was out on the floor when Aldridge wasn't and that's why it's lower? Everyone stunk it up offensively except him, so that doesn't make sense. 2-way play is important here, but we're a defensive team this season and Aldridge needs to get back to what got us here.
    Plus/minus and other advanced stats are retarded.

Leonard is a great two way player but he still can't reliably create his own shot.

OP is obviously trying to get a reaction out of Sours fans but your response was just as circumferential.

NBA All-star

he's the best player of drawing 3pt shots from the teammates, Duncan needs to play right in the middle of the painted area.

Boris Diaw would have to make passes that are creative.

The Thunders wingspan make Pop difficult to simply tell players they can make that pass.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Born Sinner's Avatar

Looking at only one side of the ball. Aldridge was -4 for the game while Leonard was +11.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

I don't know about best player, but he is certainly there best offensive player. Kawhi struggles to create for himself offensively in the playoffs. He is similar to Pippen I think, where he is a great second option.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Aldridge is the best offensive player on the Spurs when playing well. Comes out of being a skilled big man. His offensive bread and butter moves are just more reliable and repeatable.
    Kawhi is by far the best player in general though.

NBA lottery pick

One series. It's all about match ups. Ibaka has horrible post defense. Leonard will go off on someone like Bran guarding him. Wait until the finals, trust me. Leonard just had an off night this game. He'll be back to his superstar self in Game 3.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Plus/minus and other advanced stats are retarded.

Leonard is a great two way player but he still can't reliably create his own shot.

OP is obviously trying to get a reaction out of Sours fans but your response was just as circumferential.

Nothing advanced about regular +/-, it's about as simple measurement as you can get.

One series. It's all about match ups. Ibaka has horrible post defense. Leonard will go off on someone like Bran guarding him. Wait until the finals, trust me. Leonard just had an off night this game. He'll be back to his superstar self in Game 3.
    You should worry about making the WCF with the way you played last game.

Kawhi isn't as good as people have been trying to make him. I remember vs GS he was straight garbage offensively when the team put any semblance of pressure on him. He's a very good offensive option and an elite player defensively, but so is Green (defensively). He's top 4-6 (probably 4th) and LMA is starting to make his case for being top 10 the way he's been playing, what a man.

of course he is

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin
    Aldridge is the best offensive player on the Spurs when playing well. Comes out of being a skilled big man. His offensive bread and butter moves are just more reliable and repeatable.
    Kawhi is by far the best player in general though.
    /thread

Aldridge holding the torch since Dirk's surgery .

when looking at advanced stats goes wrong

Spurs are gonna be an early exit if Aldridge is their best player...

They were close to winning b2b titles because of TEAM basketball, moving the ball around with everyone knocking down open 3s and playing inspired defense.

Duncan isn't half as good as he was last year and can barely give them a decent 20 minutes a game and is a liability on offense, Kawhi struggles creating his own shot against OKC.

Aldridge produced way more than the Spurs have usually needed from him and they still lost the game..this is where they need Kawhi and TP/Manu to show up.