Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Blake Griffin, Mo Williams guarantee playoffs for Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by icewill36
    lol @ that ******* mo williams calling himself a leader.

if the clips make it will probably be because they made a trade or blake goes nuts
    He's actually been a good leader for the Clippers. Maybe being around a young team with very little direction changed him but in terms of leadership he's different than he was in Cleveland and Milwaukee. Is he going to lead us anywhere on the court? Probably not, We don't need him to. In Cleveland he was a 2nd option. In LA he's a 3rd or 4th option depending on the night.

I'm gonna crash. Goodnight folks. I don't take it personally if you don't believe the Clippers will do squat. I don't even blame you for doubting a team that always has an excuse for failures. I just like when people give logical reasons and not make ridiculous claims such as...

1. Sterling will screw it up. He's never screwed up our teams, our players have done it.

2. Our players are overrated. I can't think of a single overrated Clipper.

3. Mo Williams and Chris Kaman are role players. Both are all stars recently.

4. Clippers have been this talented before and fell short. They have never had this much talent/flexibility to build.

Things like this. I wish more reasonable people would chime in.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 12-03-2011 at 05:00 AM.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Yet have proven correct for this franchise for 30 years.
    Huh? Fallacies by their nature are invalid arguments. Whether or not the conclusion that is supported by a fallacy happens to be true or not does not change the fact that the fallacy is an invalid argument and cannot prove/disprove or validate/invalidate anything.

So your statements like "Yet have proven correct for this franchise for 30 years." or "I have heard the same statements and guarantees being made by Clippers fans for 20 years." are invalid arguments. They contribute nothing to a discussion.

Do some home work and read up on logical fallacies.
    Last edited by BEAST Griffin; 12-03-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Jeez clipperfan is starting to reach that obsessed fan level. On that Joyner, pauk, heat007 level where anything critical said of his team will get him yo fight it.

I love how ur GM is the most active. Remind me how many deals has he secured this offseason????.....oh yea that's right. None. And Lmfao. Where the **** do u read VDN is a solid coach??? He is ****in terrible. Believe me. i have seen first hand what he can do to a team with decent expectations and a solid roster.

Even the reasons you just listed are terrible. Williams was a default all-star who had stats cuz of James and was selected in a week year. He is no leader AMD the clips were better off with Daviis. Williams is the type of guy who thinks he's the hero who should be taking the last shot. He is a decent role player. And yea the clips hve been this talented. See 2001, 2005.

You are just starting to get delusional and unfortunately you have turned these posters against your team because you felt the need to post EVERYTHING that had the clips in any kind of positive light. You shoved it down peoples throats. You are ESPN and the clips are your Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    The last time Mo Williams made a guarantee, it was that the Cavs would beat the Magic in the ECF. Whoops.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

IMO...

Lakers
    OKC
    Dallas
    Spurs
    Portland
    Memphis
    Clippers
    Utah
    Houston
    Phoenix
    GSW
    Hornets with Paul
    That's more like it. The Rockets, Suns, Hornets, Jazz, and Warriors are not strong teams. The Clippers could easily surpass these teams as they are right now. Most of those teams are on the decline or going through some type of restructuring.

I know it seems like every year it the Clipper year, but I think this is it. I think they will make the playoffs. Griffin is going to be great next season. We have been waiting since Deandre was a rookie to see if he can harness his athletic ability and become a consistent player. He has improved greatly and he is going to be a great defensive player with Griff. Gordon had somewhat of a breakout season last year. He was playing at an all star level before his injury. He can only improve. Mo played pretty well for the Clipps when he came over. His shot is going to be helpful and his playmaking was actually better than I expected.

All in all, it comes down to Griffin and from what I saw last year, he is going to be a superstar and he is ready to lead this team to the playoffs. The Clippers depth is also underrated. Bledsoe, Aminu, Kaman, Gomes, Foye are all capable bench players. Sign Tayshaun Prince and your starting 5 is complete. Barring any injuries (knock on wood) this young Clippers team is ready to take the next step.

How can they possibly say this before all rosters are complete?

The West is wide open for me, so many things could happen.

Banned

Don't see why not. They are like the 7th best team in the West imo, and they can only grow. If Blake comes into this season a monster (again), they sure as hell have a great shot against teams like NO, Houston, Phoenix, Utah, Golden State.. So that leaves them at the bottom of the top 8.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Jeez clipperfan is starting to reach that obsessed fan level. On that Joyner, pauk, heat007 level where anything critical said of his team will get him yo fight it.
    Imagine how bad he will be if they start winning

why would you want to go the playoffs with mo williams? have you seen his #s in the playoffs? he's in the bottom half of starting PGs. 'mo gotti' needs to get mo points and mo assists. isn't this the same guy that got depressed when lebron left and still crapped the bed at home vs miami? @ leader and mo williams in the same sentence

Cool.
    FYI Utah has the 12th worst record.

Keep in mind, I have heard the same statements and guarantees being made by Clippers fans for 20 years.
    Yea, I wouldn't rate Utah near the Clippers atm. Too many unknowns, outside of Jefferson, Millsap and Harris you've got young, unproven and inconsistent players.

Still, I like this kinda talk, I'd want my players going into the season with high expectations and feeling like they have something to prove.

The Clippers got a nice roster so why would it be a suprise to see them make the playoffs?

How many ****** here thought the Bulls were going to win 62 last year?

Too many people who never watched or followed the Clippers are talking in this thread. The Clippers last year showed enough talent to make the playoffs, and went through points in the season in which they were very strong. After starting off 1-11, they were well above .500 until Gordon went down with an injury. During that stretch they beat the Bulls, Spurs, Heat, and other strong teams. They were in pretty much every game they lost (rarely blown out) but ultimately lost because of their inexperience making mental mistakes at the end.

Does that mean they're making the playoffs this year? I definitely won't say yes for sure yet. But if you're saying they don't have the talent to make it, why are you commenting on something you've never seen? You're just exposing your own ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    The Clippers got a nice roster so why would it be a suprise to see them make the playoffs?

How many ****** here thought the Bulls were going to win 62 last year?
    Yup. I remember last year nobody in their right mind would of picked Rose to win MVP, Bulls to have best record and go to ECF. Same when Thunder broke out. Reality is the fans believed in their teams/players and were looked at as homers and they were proven right. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this Clippers team is also going to blow up this year or next.