Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Blake Griffin, Mo Williams guarantee playoffs for Clippers

Figure we need balance for the couple jealous anti Clippers threads on the board.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,2860356.story

Default Re: Blake Griffin, Mo Williams guarantee playoffs for Clippers

"We've got the personnel in place," Williams said. "And I know my leadership qualities. I know how hard I worked this off-season to prepare for this, and there's no way I won't be in the playoffs this year."
    This means nothing to me.
    If they come back with a similar team they won't make the playoffs, no matter how hard Mo worked this off season. or how good he thinks his leadership qualities are.

Local High School Star

The last time Mo Williams made a guarantee, it was that the Cavs would beat the Magic in the ECF. Whoops.

IMO...

Lakers
    OKC
    Dallas
    Spurs
    Portland
    Memphis
    Utah
    Houston
    Phoenix
    GSW
    Hornets with Paul

....are all more capable of making the playoffs than the Clippers, barring some massive trade, which hasnt happened, and Mo has made guarantee without knowledge of happening.

Mo Williams to me, is just a role player PG. He isn't a leader. This is a dude that cried almost retired, cos Lebron left cavs.
    His statements hold little worth in this scenario.

BTW, Griffin didnt make the guarantee it seems, he just had no problem with Mo talking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    The last time Mo Williams made a guarantee, it was that the Cavs would beat the Magic in the ECF. Whoops.
    Yes because guaranteeing you would be an elite team deep in the playoffs= on par with predicting the playoffs .

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    LOL at expecting the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the NBA last season Utah at jumping that many games. Or Houston, Phoenix, GSW who all missed the playoffs like the Clippers of being better. This is just hating. All I can say is we'll see. What I do know is.. I have a really good memory. All of you guys talking trash on my team I'm taking mental notes and will become unbearable when the Clippers are in the playoffs, let alone when they go further.
    Cool.
    FYI Utah has the 12th worst record.

Keep in mind, I have heard the same statements and guarantees being made by Clippers fans for 20 years.

Also, I have clearly stated that these opinions are barring any massive trade.

Currently, they dont have a playoff team in the west.

Rockets, Suns and Warriors all have much better rosters and coaching/management than Clippers, which seems obvious to me. Suns not so much the talent, but they have great chemistry and depth.
    Clippers have Griffin and Gordon, then not much else.

But if something huge happens, like Sterling sells team or they somehow trade for a superstar, they will likely make playoffs as a low seed.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Mo Williams to me, is just a role player PG. He isn't a leader. This is a dude that cried almost retired, cos Lebron left cavs.
    His statements hold little worth in this scenario.

BTW, Griffin didnt make the guarantee it seems, he just had no problem with Mo talking like that.
    He said he backs up up fully and just says the rest of the team needs to be ready to back it up. Also LOL dude. Role players don't average 15 and 6. You're a very poor judge of talent as evidenced by saying it's not unreasonable to compare peak Ben Gordon to current Eric Gordon.

Mo is right. The team has so much talent that every year they DON'T make the playoffs from here on out is a flat out embarrassment. I'm sorry but if people are having to pick Utah, Phoenix, Golden State and Houston over the Clippers.... it's laughable. All of those teams were just above the Clips a few games in the west

Houston and Phoenix will likely slide a decent amount, GS should improve but honestly doubt they do better than Clippers. Jazz will improve for sure. Thing is the two playoff teams that will drop out for sure are Denver and NO when they trade CP3 this offseason or early in season. That leaves 2 spots for Clippers, Jazz and Warriors to fight for.

Cool.

Keep in mind, I have heard the same statements and guarantees being made by Clippers fans for 20 years.
    Yup. Edited in my last post. I had a mental lapse.

owwwww

insideclippers.com

Rockets, Suns and Warriors all have much better rosters and coaching/management than Clippers, which seems obvious to me. Suns not so much the talent, but they have great chemistry and depth.
    Clippers have Griffin and Gordon, then not much else.

But if something huge happens, like Sterling sells team or they somehow trade for a superstar, they will likely make playoffs as a low seed.
    You realize that making the playoffs isn't some huge deal? Mind telling me what edge Rockets, Suns, Warriors have in coaching and roster?

Warriors have a completely new NBA coach. Suns have Alvin Gentry who coached the Clippers a few years and he's an average coach. Rockets have an interim coach after stupidly cutting Adelman. Clippers have Del Negro who is decent but actually considered a solid-good coach around the NBA.

So you could argue Clippers have best coach by small margin or at worst equal coach. Then the rosters being better?? . Dude look again. Compare the Clippers roster top to bottom to the Suns, Rockets and Warriors and tell me with a straight face those are more talented teams.

Let me give you a hint. The two best players out of all of the teams are on the Clippers. The best PF? On the Clippers. Best SG? On the Clippers. Best C? On the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    insideclippers.com
    Hey two of those threads weren't started by Clippers fans but rather anti Clipper. Besides it's a change from all the Lakers, Heat and Knicks threads.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Cool.

So? What impact does that have on THIS season? None.

Just like: The Mavericks will never win a ring. Because they choked every year.

Not to mention this is a completely different roster. Whether other Clippers rosters in the past failed or not or some fans in the past made some claims has zero impact on this season.

This team will fail or succeed on its own merit.

Tradition fallacies are just lame.