Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Column: Knicks should TRADE Melo or Amar'e, and get CP3 or D-Will, AND Dwight Howard!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Howard is without a doubt the better player.
    But it would be such a douche move after Amare turned this franchise upside down.

I don't know if I would do it.
    My sense is telling me to trade Amare for Dwight because he is clearly the better player who can defend and turn this team to one of the top3 in the league.
    But my heart says no,after all Amare has done for this team I really started to like him and it would be tough to send him to Orlando to play with bunch of overpaid scrubs.
    Im right there. Heart says No F*****G WAY. But the head says its probably whats best for this team and its quest for a title. Yes Stat came when nobody else wanted to, and made NY relevant again for the first time in a decade. But also the chance to get the best and most dominant big man in the game is hard to say no to. Plus gotta wonder whats a better fit, Melo, Stat, and CP, or Melo, Howard, CP. I dont know, nobody really does, Im definitely glad Im not the one making the call. But remember too, bottom line is this is business. If D**CHE Dolan lets the FO make strictly the best basketball moves, then it would be the right call, trading Stat. Remember, loyalty is great, but it could burn you too, and the goal here is getting a ring/several. I dont know, i just dont know.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Column: Knicks should TRADE Melo or Amar'e, and get CP3 or D-Will, AND Dwight Howard!

LOL amare is better than dwight. its harder to be an offensive player like amare than a defensive player and blackhole on offense like dwight. offense requires skills. And character matters and amare is not a frontrunner like dwight or lebron thats why he has no problem existing with other players coz hes likable. He has that jordan mentality that would rather chose to revive a franchise rather than join a big 3. While dwight is now a first round exit coz his teammates doesnt want to play with him. But of course the idiots blame it on his teammates.LOL The reason why they lost is because he has now become selfish.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    LOL amare is better than dwight. its harder to be an offensive player like amare than a defensive player and blackhole on offense like dwight. offense requires skills. And character matters and amare is not a frontrunner like dwight or lebron thats why he has no problem existing with other players coz hes likable. He has that jordan mentality that would rather chose to revive a franchise rather than join a big 3. While dwight is now a first round exit coz his teammates doesnt want to play with him. But of course the idiots blame it on his teammates.LOL The reason why they lost is because he has now become selfish.
    All valid, but its also hard to argue with the perennial Defensive Player of the Year. I dont know like I said, tough call, and arguements can be made either way. But glad Im not making the final call.

Banned

Just trade Anthony please. I would be the greatest Knick fan ever. Nothing in it for me now. The guy is a low-brow opportunist and should be on a less elite team if NBA is serious about itself. There's no prestige in this ghetto dracula, slumdog godzilla wanker.

Make my Knick mine, i've been waiting to be a fan of this team since i was born. Since Baby's Day Out. Since 3 Men and a Baby, since Igby's goes down, since Michael Douglas. Make something right for once. Idiots.

amare for Dwight would need more than just that imo. Dwight is a top3 player in the league and the best defensive player

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    i wonder if a 3-way would allow NYK to get both? not that i want that to happen but something like

Knicks get: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard
    Hornets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Amar'e Stoudamire

or

Knicks get: Deron Williams, Dwight Howard
    Nets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Carmelo Anthony

Very good NBA starter

Amare for Dwight would be an absolute steal of the knicks. That's why it's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Amare for Dwight would be an absolute steal of the knicks. That's why it's not happening.
    Then tell me one trade for Dwight that isn't a steal ?

Pretty old and soft Gasol + young but always injured Bynum ?
    Center who grabs 5 rebounds per game in Brook Lopez + bunch of scrubs and few picks ?

Amare might have knee problems but he is far better than any other player that is offered for Dwight.Especially if you throw in Fields or something similar.
    I'm not saying I would do it or that's a realistic option but it's still way better than other offers.

Amare is a superstar who can turn franchise around. He isn't LeBron or Dwight but he is surely top10-15 player in the game.
    Last edited by Clutch; 12-03-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Center who grabs 5 rebounds per game in Brook Lopez + bunch of scrubs and few picks ?

Amare might have knee problems but he is far better than any other player that is offered for Dwight.Especially if you throw in Fields or something similar.
    I'm not saying I would do it or that's a realistic option but it's still way better than other offers.

Amare is a superstar who can turn franchise around. He isn't LeBron or Dwight but he is surely top10-15 player in the game.
    Gasol and Bynum is a trade that gets Orlando equal value for Dwight. Not only would it keep them in the playoffs, but they'd still look good for the future with Bynum. Amare for Dwight comes close to equal value, but just Amare alone is a steal and I don't know if there's anything else the Knicks could add to get equal value. Any other trade whether it's New Jersey or Clippers is dependent on Orlando wanting to rebuild.

lebron or wade for dwight...only 1 i can think of.

Gasol and Bynum is a trade that gets Orlando equal value for Dwight. Not only would it keep them in the playoffs, but they'd still look good for the future with Bynum. Amare for Dwight comes close to equal value, but just Amare alone is a steal and I don't know if there's anything else the Knicks could add to get equal value. Any other trade whether it's New Jersey or Clippers is dependent on Orlando wanting to rebuild.
    I don't see why they wouldn't want to. They couldnt win it all with a top 5 player. They should start from scratch and rebuild.

Amare is an allstar starter, that's way better than scrubs like brook lopez or andrew bynum.

Or you can just have dwight walk for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    i wonder if a 3-way would allow NYK to get both? not that i want that to happen but something like

Knicks get: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard
    Hornets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Amar'e Stoudamire

or

Knicks get: Deron Williams, Dwight Howard
    Nets get: Chauncey Billups, Landry Fields
    Magic get: Carmelo Anthony
    You really think David Stern would approve a trade of Chris Paul for an aging Chaucey Billups and a scrub like Landry Fields?

Why not just fold the Hornets instead?

Chauncey belongs in the Hall of Fame when he retires, but he isn't worth Chris Paul in a trade now.

There is no way to get Howard. He does not want to be in NYC. He doesn't like the cold weather, he wants warm weather, nice reporters who won't kill him too much, and to be close to acting jobs, etc. Brooklyn only has a chance because they are the nicest place with cap space. Knicks, we get much more scrutiny than Brooklyn will at first. He doesn't want to be here.

I don't get everyone, we can probably get Paul. So everyone wants to get cute and figure out ten other things to do. How about just get Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeJohnnyDepp
    Just trade Anthony please. I would be the greatest Knick fan ever. Nothing in it for me now. The guy is a low-brow opportunist and should be on a less elite team if NBA is serious about itself. There's no prestige in this ghetto dracula, slumdog godzilla wanker.

Make my Knick mine, i've been waiting to be a fan of this team since i was born. Since Baby's Day Out. Since 3 Men and a Baby, since Igby's goes down, since Michael Douglas. Make something right for once. Idiots.
    No one ever responds to your shtick but you keep posting it.