Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-26-2013, 02:32 AM   #16
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Let's be real here.

agreed. Memphis ball is way too defensive orientated. Theres hardly any offensive flow and its too stagnant for the playoffs

Westbrook injury robbed us all of a great rematch.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:32 AM   #17
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

mjokc
Duncan guards Gasol because he doesn't draw fouls as well as Zach Randolph, who is very crafty and relentless on the block.

Since Duncan is more important to the Spurs on both ends, they sacrifice Splitter in the early going. Then in the 4th and OT, Duncan guards Z-Bo.

Coaching 100.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #18
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjokc
He may not be playing C in this series because at his age he may not have the strength to guard Gasol. You are correct in that I don't watch spurs games outside of these WCF and against OKC. You may be right that he's PF more than C.

Yup. Still plays C when Diaw or Bonner are on the court.

Anyway as a Spurs fan I'm super glad that Westbrook got injured.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #19
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

LongLiveTheKing has decent reputationLongLiveTheKing has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young X
If Blake Griffin didn't get injured, the Clips would've beat them too.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:40 AM   #20
mjokc
Local High School Star

mjokc is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
mjokc
Duncan guards Gasol because he doesn't draw fouls as well as Zach Randolph, who is very crafty and relentless on the block.

Since Duncan is more important to the Spurs on both ends, they sacrifice Splitter in the early going. Then in the 4th and OT, Duncan guards Z-Bo.

Coaching 100.

I'm not sure why you're responding to me with that, I never objected nor misunderstood the reasoning for it...
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #21
mjokc
Local High School Star

mjokc is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Yup. Still plays C when Diaw or Bonner are on the court.

Anyway as a Spurs fan I'm super glad that Westbrook got injured.

It would have been an amazing series, much better than this sleep fest watching the Grizzlies that that ass whooped by the Spurs every game. They may not be blowing the Grizzlies out every game but you can tell that the Grizzlies simply can't keep up. I honestly don't know who would win in an healthy OKC / Spurs series.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #22
NBAller
Good High School Starter

NBAller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan

You're wrong and can't admit it. If Duncan plays C; Then why does he guard Z-Bo? What does that make Thiago? A PF?

if tony allen plays sg, why does he guard other positions?
NBAller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #23
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
He may not be playing C in this series because at his age he may not have the strength to guard Gasol. You are correct in that I don't watch spurs games outside of these WCF and against OKC. You may be right that he's PF more than C.

several reason why td is guarding zach. zach is their leading scorer so duncan
(their best defender) is put on him. duncan is also their best rebounder snd this puts him closer to the basket. splitter has quicker feet to guard marc further out
rmt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #24
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It would have been an amazing series, much better than this sleep fest watching the Grizzlies that that ass whooped by the Spurs every game. They may not be blowing the Grizzlies out every game but you can tell that the Grizzlies simply can't keep up. I honestly don't know who would win in an healthy OKC / Spurs series.
It'd probably come down to Serge and Manu. Serge usually play better than usual against the Spurs (or at least he'll have at least one monster game) and it seems like Manu usually plays well against OKC. I'd go with OKC just because of HCA but I don't know if it'd be in 5 or 7. If we won the first two and split in San Antonio, I'd say OKC in 5. But if both teams held serve at home through the first four games, I'd say OKC in 7.

It'd be a better and more exciting series than Spurs/Grizzlies, though.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #25
JoHnNyBoXeR
I airball my layups

JoHnNyBoXeR has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
Would have been fun because you have to remember that the Spurs were rather convincingly up 2-0 in that series. Then the Thunder took it to another level and Pop couldn't figure out how to stop them.

Pop's the best in the business, imo, and I wanted to see what what changes he would have made this time around.

Healthy Thunder in 6 over SAS. Wouldn't shock me of SAS won in 7, tho. Both scenarios better than real life.

Yea.. I wonder if any team was on a roll looking unstoppable like the spurs last season then Ina flip of a switch they looked terribl..remember they swept there first 2 series and won 20 in a row including postseason and then got beat 4 in a row by the thunder while looking old and washed up in the process.. Every time u think the spurs are finished they continue to make deep runs
JoHnNyBoXeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:48 AM   #26
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
Yea.. I wonder if any team was on a roll looking unstoppable like the spurs last season then Ina flip of a switch they looked terribl..remember they swept there first 2 series and won 20 in a row including postseason and then got beat 4 in a row by the thunder while looking old and washed up in the process.. Every time u think the spurs are finished they continue to make deep runs
Even as a Thunder fan I couldn't get as mad as I would've liked after they won the first two games in San Antonio. Like you said, they had swept through the first two rounds and had won 20 games in a row. They were just playing at an unreal level, and it just felt like a young team losing to a better more battle tested team.

I may have been the only one, but I did feel a little better about the series towards the end of game 2, even though they dominated us most of the game. I think they jumped out to a quick 8 point lead, and kept the lead around 8-12 most of the first half, and eventually pushed the lead out to around 20 in the 3rd or 4th quarter. I want to say the were up 22 at one point in the 3rd quarter; something like 70-48 or 80-58.

Scott Brooks called a timeout and, for one of the rare times in his coaching career, he made a few in-game adjustments and they started to pay off in game 2 even though it was too little too late. We started defending the pick-n-roll differently, and he put Thabo on Tony Parker who had tore us a new asshole up to that point. We went on a run and eventually got within 6 or so a few different times in the 4th but just couldn't get over the hump.

Brooks stuck to his adjustments going forward and we just killed them in game 3, and I really started to feel good about winning the series; but it actually started, in my eyes, in the second half of game 2 even though we were getting blown out.

It'd be interesting to see how Popovich would adjust to the adjustments Brooks made last year; but Brooks stuck to them this year in the regular season and Parker wasn't nearly as effective as he used to be against us. He wasn't awful but he wasn't really that good, either; and that's excluding the last regular season match-up this year where he clearly wasn't 100%.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #27
RichieW
I hit open 5-footers

RichieW has not been impressing people

The loss of Harden would have proved crucial this year if Westbrook hadn't been injured.

No chance the Spurs beat Durant/Westbrook/Harden, but just Durant/Westbrook is completely different. I'd have gone for Spurs in 6, although if it went 7 I think OKC would been able to close it out with home court.
RichieW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: