Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who has better handles than Chris Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny4MVP2k
    Chris Conley, meet Mike Conley

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IE9vFuCJN8
    Every point guard in the NBA can do that with ease.

Banned

i haven't forgotten about AI, but paul has him from an efficiency standpoint,
    if you mean in terms of overall play, yeah. if you mean in terms of pure ball handling ability I don't agree with you. it's all academic though. Paul > AI, there's really no arguing that. and I don't think anyone would try.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    if you mean in terms of overall play, yeah. if you mean in terms of pure ball handling ability I don't agree with you. it's all academic though. Paul > AI, there's really no arguing that. and I don't think anyone would try.
    explain.. i'm not saying you're wrong, i just don't get what you mean by that.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Best is somewhat subjective, but Paul has the tightest, lowest handle...and best direction change.

I usually hit open layups

AI's handles are revolutionary. Seriously, he often does stuff that you are taught fundamentally never to do such as dribble the ball really high. Despite all of this, you can never steal the ball from AI 1 on 1. His handles are just sick and so unique. When you watch him, it seems like the ball is on a yo yo string.

Banned

Baron Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Best is somewhat subjective, but Paul has the tightest, lowest handle...and best direction change.
    but he doesnt have that understanding of his moves and there effects the way Deron does....I havent seen someone break down guys like Deron does in a long long time.

the direction change is based on his athletism imo not the handle..

here is some Deron stuff...I might have to make a mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79b0TtB1C6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m41rqg-3qew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ1ps...eature=related
    Last edited by Younggrease; 03-11-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Blu Ray

The best move I've seen D-Will do was during the Rookie-Sophomore game when he was a Soph. The play was broken up right after he made the move, so I don't think I'll be able to find it anywhere. It was incredible.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

BARON DAVIS and DWYANE WADE. They make CP3 look like a normie. Baron Davis has crazy and1-like moves. It's either you got it or you don't. Ane he doesn't. Hell... I bet even Hot Sauce could handle the ball better than CP3. That dude started performing moves since he was.... a kid.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    BARON DAVIS and DWYANE WADE. They make CP3 look like a normie. Baron Davis has crazy and1-like moves. It's either you got it or you don't. Ane he doesn't. Hell... I bet even Hot Sauce could handle the ball better than CP3. That dude started performing moves since he was.... a kid.
    I'm sure Paul's been practicing dribbling nonstop since he was little too. He may not have the "moves" but if you want someone to dribble the ball from point A to point B through defenders without turning the ball over I would take Paul. To me that's what determines "best handle."

HeartHustleHope

Steve Francis.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    too bad hot sauce's "moves" aren't even legal in a real basketball game. thats why he sucks. he spent his whole life practicing stuff you can't even do in a real game.

and ball handling isn't all about "tricks" or "moves" anyways. thats why i have chris paul as a better ball handler than jamal crawford even though crawfords moves are superior to anyone else in the league.

Local High School Star

^^ Exactly. The most important thing about ball handling is not turning the ball over. Davis is an average ball handler.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    ^^ Exactly. The most important thing about ball handling is not turning the ball over. Davis is an average ball handler.
    not all turnovers are due to ball handling...There are bad passes, misxommunications etc..

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    not all turnovers are due to ball handling...There are bad passes, misxommunications etc..
    i was considering passing (well, more the ability to create shots for yourself and others off the dribble) as part of ball handling. so turnovers are a factor.