Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    so that's your rebuttal ? i was expecting something more from the idiot who thinks scoring average = mvp
    You don't waste logic on morons. You just laugh at them. Now go take a look in the mirror.

Serious playground baller EuJazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    dirk did not deserve the award last year.

marion with an average pg would have no offense outside of offensive putbacks.
    These are marions scoring averages from each of the 3 pre nash seasons.

3 nash seasons(im including this one)

Someone posted these numbers a couple pages back... You're dumb.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

i will see nash winning the mvp over that shaq-made champion kobe bryant and hype machine lebron james, why would i do that ?

NBA Superstar

did you even read my post?

dirk did not deserve the award last year.

marion with an average pg would have no offense outside of offensive putbacks.
    so explain why he scores a combined average of 1ppg more in his three years with nash than he did in the 3 years previous to nash. If hes so horrible without nash you would think that he would have had some major change once nash got there.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    i will see nash winning the mvp over that shaq-made champion kobe bryant and hype machine lebron james, why would i do that ?
    You don't expect people to hype a guy who scores 81 in a game (35.4 ppg) and another who averages 31/7/7? One in L.A. and the other dubbed as the next coming before he got drafted? Of course there will be hype, you moron.

Get over it, Nash is OVER-RATED! CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP! OVER-RATED! CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP!

Chant with me boys...!

do you have a point. in the 3 years previous to nash he scored a similar amount to his numbers with nash before nash went there. His numbers change has been in REBOUNDING which unless you are gonna say nash boxes out for him you cant attribute to nash.

These are marions scoring averages from each of the 3 pre nash seasons.

3 nash seasons(im including this one

Someone posted these numbers a while back... Thought I'd put them back up, set some b!tches straight.

whats funny is that shawn marion used to be underrated then everyone said he was underrated so he wasnt anymore and now everyone acts like hes a bum that only gets numbers because of nash so hes underrated again.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    His numbers change has been in REBOUNDING which unless you are gonna say nash boxes out for him you cant attribute to nash.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    do you have a point. in the 3 years previous to nash he scored a similar amount to his numbers with nash before nash went there. His numbers change has been in REBOUNDING which unless you are gonna say nash boxes out for him you cant attribute to nash.
    Nash did average 4 rebounds last year. GOAT!

Dunking on everybody in the park bumpyknucks's Avatar

Explain marions and bells numbers being remarkably similar to pre nash and JJ going on to be better without nash...
    Ok. Looking at numbers alone (although I normally wouldnt want to do that).....Raja Bell- Raja has a 8 year scoring average of 9.1 points a game....and this is including last season with Nash where he averaged 14.7 points....and this year where is averaging 17.1. These are not similar numbers.

As for Marion, the Suns have gotten deeper, with the emergence of Diaw, the addition of Thomas, and the increased dominance of Amare, his numbers arent going to improve dramatically. I am impressed that he has been able to maintain his numbers playing on a much better team.

Until Atlanta makes the playoffs, I wouldnt say that Joe Johnson is better without Nash. I would rather have a guy putting up solid number on a WCF team than a guy scoring his ass off on a really marginal team...although I will give you that they are playing better this year. I would still make the argument that playing in Phoenix with Nash helped JJ

about raja yes for his career his numbers are much worse than with nash. However for his career he was a backup for a large part of that. His numbers last year werent that dissimilar than his numbers each of his years in utah. He just got to shoot more.

Bells scoring couldnt have anything to do with his minutes DRASTICALLY increasing(his career high pre suns was 28 and hes averaged 38 with phoenix) and the pace that they play. No. It could only possibly be steve nashs golden touch and now nash can even be in phoenix and you can be in atlanta and the golden touch will still apply.
    Last edited by raiderfan19; 12-08-2006 at 11:03 PM.

Ok. Looking at numbers alone (although I normally wouldnt want to do that).....Raja Bell- Raja has a 8 year scoring average of 9.1 points a game....and this is including last season with Nash where he averaged 14.7 points....and this year where is averaging 17.1. These are not similar numbers.
    He rode the bench and averaged 3 points tops in Philly/Dallas his first 3 years. Don't bring up career averages, those years DRASTICALLY skew them.

In his last year with Utah he scored 12.3 points in a much slower paced, half-court game (93 ppg), on 45.4% shooting.

In his first year with Phoenix (last year), he averaged 14.7 points in a much faster-paced offense (108 ppg), on 45.7% shooting.

Game, set, Dirk.

Dunking on everybody in the park bumpyknucks's Avatar

Default re

Someone posted these numbers a while back... Thought I'd put them back up, set some b!tches straight.
    Marion putting up 20 ppg on a 20, 30, or even 40 win teams is alot less impressive to me than doing it on a 50 and 60 win teams.