Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Default Re: kobes stats in the nba finals

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    You should have included SPG/BPG/FT%/3 PT%. Also, Kobe's 2000 series is not entirely accurate. He only played 2 min in Game 2 and that heavily hurt his stats. Not to mention the excellent man-to-man and team defense he played in all those series.
    I was too lazy to do that. I just wanted to help 97 and give him the basic numbers. I am on your side. The real NBA finals were the WCF until 2004 when the East finally produced a championship caliber team. In the WCF Kobe excelled (unfortunately. I was rooting for Portland in 2000).

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    [COLOR=Gray].. I see where you are coming from.. Kobe has the opp to get into the conversation of top 5-7 ever... I didn't see this after the Boston Series.... But you can't simply wash his past away... It is there for him to be judged..[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]I agree, but people will judge him based on what he's able to accomplish. After all, no one is judging Jordan ([/COLOR][COLOR=Teal]or any other top 10 all-timer for that matter) [/COLOR][COLOR=Teal]on the basis of his failures.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]I agree, but people will judge him based on what he's able to accomplish. After all, no one is judging Jordan ([/COLOR][COLOR=Teal]or any other top 10 all-timer for that matter) [/COLOR][COLOR=Teal]on the basis of his failures.[/COLOR]
    thats a damn good point a lot of other players have had failures during there careers at one point or another not even MJ is the exception to that, they never seem to be taken into account though. Granted jordan ,bird , Magic etc... they excelled on a more consistent basis but even they dropped the ball every now and then

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Kobe played well in the 2000/2001/2002/2009 Finals. He struggled in 2004/2008, but to be fair, he was facing historically good defenses. Overall, he's been a phenomenal post-season performer throughout his career.

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    This is laughable. First of all, Kobe's never faced defensive pressure the likes of those Pistons and Knicks teams. And he played that way while having the MOST DOMINANT LOW POST THREAT OF ALL TIME on his team taking defensive pressure off of him. Who did Jordan EVER have down low that could take away that kind of attention? Yet Jordan still prevailed and put up numbers that Kobe could never dream of. Any idiot that knows anything about basketeball knows that a big low post threat makes things easier for a wing player because while massive attention is paid to them, it allows them a freedom they wouldn't enjoy being the sole attention getter for the defense. And Kobe had PRIME SHAQ, the uber example of this! You really see the mindset of the Kobe Fanatic because they completely ignore this and act as if it's totally irrelevant. Or they'll say "b,b,but Kobe helped Shaq too!!" as if it's even a comparison of who benefits more in that situation. If a prime Jordan has someone to draw that kind of attention, then only a fool wouldn't think that he'd be even MORE efficient. Even so, he STILL shines over everything Kobe's done. Not only that, but he did it across the board, while you're just focusing on scoring (though he still doesn't come close to him). You're also making all types of excuses for his performance. He's the great Kobe so why didn't he find a way to dominate those defenses? (You know, like a prime Shaq. Isn't he actually above Shaq's level, according to Stans? He should have outperformed him. Oh, but he wasn't the team's focal point. Well why not? Because he wasn't good enough to be. See you can't have it both ways. You can't say that he didn't do as well as O'Neil because he wasn't the focal point of the team, then ignore that that was the case BECAUSE HE WASN't GOOD ENOUGH to be.

At any rate, these are Jordan's Finals stats. There's no way you can spin out of this with your usual obfuscation, because they speak for themselves. Instead of just bowing out of this comparison (because you just can't win) like a reasonable, non Kobe fanatic would do, you'll try your usual tactics of trying to spin THE OBVIOUS. That's why you're rep is what it is. Anyone with an IQ over 15 can see through you.

http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/stats_finals.htm

Only an idiot would try to argue that in any way those numbers don't crush everything Kobe's done. Only a disengenous type would try to spin things to make their crush look better since they can't do it by actual side by side comparison. See, part of the reason Kobe gets so much "hate" is because of people who try to argue up = down to elevate him. It would be like me trying to somehow shoehorn Wade into Jordan's status by obfuscation, even though it's obvious he's not.

Kobe hasn't set the world on fire in the Finals, and that's that. He's had one seris that I would consider "very good". The others have all been mediocre to subpar. By the way, you're also comparing a PRIME Kobe to some of the numbers Jordan put up at 33 to 35 years old! Which just shows your need to obfuscate even more. Kobe's JUST NOW only 31. Talk about defenses. Get back to me when Kobe goes through something like the Jordan Rules, or those brusing Knicks teams, with handchecking, with "hard" fouls that would be flagrants today. Without Shaq down low. And you're going to tell me Jordan had it easier? You're a joke.

The Finals are the NBA's biggest stage. Kobe's not only had the benefit of the MDE down low, but also Phil Jax and a great supporting team, for the majority of his runs, and yet he's still not been able to truly make them his personal stage, like Jordan did. And for those of us that live in reality, his output is GLARING, and part of the reason many of us just can't elevate him into the kind of pantheon that certain people want him to be in. It's always some kind of dismissal and excuses when he doesn't perform up to his hype, but then ultra praise is heaped on him when he does. Duncan didn't need excuses, Shaq didn't. Hakeem didn't Jordan' doesn't. But Kobe does. Kobe ALWAYS does.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8slXGa8VHk

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Let me introduce you to google. Do it yourself, moron.
    Heh, it looks like LA Showtime has looked his stats up himself and is a little bitter about the results. My favourite is shooting more 3's at 17% then the second leading scorer of all time shot FG's and his center was shooting over 60%.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    Yea, like what are Jordan's failures? Losing in 7 to the champion pistons? Losing to the 86 Celtics, possibly the best team in history, in his second year? ;0 Or Magic's failures? Getting HIV and having to stop playing? Or Isiah's failures? Losing a title because he couldn't destroy the lakers on an injured ankle TWO games in a row? Or Bird's failures, getting hurt in his 30's and having to retire.

I don't recall ANY top 10 all timers blowing multiple series due to their shoddy play no matter what defences... or being swept out/4-1'ed out/not make the playoffs the the majority of their career. Hmm, not one of them... why is that now?
    Last edited by indiefan23; 01-05-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    Heh, it looks like LA Showtime has looked his stats up himself and is a little bitter about the results. My favourite is shooting more 3's at 17% then the second leading scorer of all time shot FG's and his center was shooting over 60%.
    You should read the other pages before making these retarded offhand comments.

Magic Johnson

Kobe played well in the 2000/2001/2002/2009 Finals. He struggled in 2004/2008, but to be fair, he was facing historically good defenses. Overall, he's been a phenomenal post-season performer throughout his career.
    I wouldn't say that the Pistons were historically good. Kobe just struggled, although in his defense he might have burned out due to the rape case and the overall drama of that season. Either way, he played like ****. It didn't help that he looked like he was gunning for Finals MVP. As for his struggles against the Celtics, I give him a free pass, sort of. While he played below his ability, others struggled against the Celtics too. LeBron James, considered to be the best (or second best) player in the NBA had trouble with Boston's defense too. So while Kobe played mediocre basketball (at least below his standards), it's not like the other NBA stars were lighting them up.

Good High School Starter

And yet Jordan/Bird/Duncan etc have all had poor Finals performances.
    Where does kobe belong?

Finals/Career Averages

6 NBA Finals MVP's

[CODE]
    Jordan 33.6 ppg(48.1%),6.0 rpg,6.0 apg [/CODE]

3 NBA Finals MVP's

[CODE]
    Magic 19.4 ppg(51.4%),7.9 rpg,11.7 apg

Duncan 22.7 ppg(47.2%),14.4 rpg,3.4 apg,3.0 bpg

Shaq 28.8 ppg (60.2%),13.1 rpg,3.4 apg,2.1 bpg[/CODE]

2 NBA Finals MVP's

[CODE]
    Abdul-Jabbar 23.5 ppg (52.3%),9.0 rpg,3.2 apg,2.0 bpg

Bird 22.9 ppg (45.8%),11.6 rpg,6.0 apg

Olajuwon 27.5 ppg (48.8 %),10.6 rpg,3.4 apg,3.2 bpg

Willis Reed 20.0 ppg(48.7 %),9.9 rpg,2.7 apg[/CODE]

1 NBA Finals MVP

[CODE]
    Kobe 24.6 ppg(41.4%),5.2 rpg,5.3 apg

Tony Parker 16.4 ppg(46.6%),3.6 apg
    [/CODE]

So far Kobe is the NBA's 'Worst' Best Player
    Last edited by Anaximandro1; 01-05-2010 at 09:19 AM.