Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

Default Re: I don't understand why Chicago is seen as such a big threat to Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    because lebron fans are just now realizing that Lebron has never won a championship in a year that Rose was healthy and playing.

in other words, Lebron has had the easiest paths in the east. Now with a healthy Rose back, Lebron no longer has that wide open path. Lebron fans see this and feel insecure and threatened.
    You say it like healthy rose was the deciding factor in lebron not getting a ring. Lebron has always beaten the bulls and in rose's best year when he won MVP he still got beat by Miami. Rose has nothing at all to do with lebron and rings.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: I don't understand why Chicago is seen as such a big threat to Miami.

You cant count out any good team. Much less a team that had the best record in the NBA the last 2 years they had their best player. The Bulls were supposed to be no threat to the defending champion Heat in 2007 too.

Zo talking shit about how the Bulls wanted them...and were gonna get them. Shaq all smug. Wade laughing. Heat fans:

I can see Miami winning this game in 6. Shaq is going to tear up big ben, who's going to stop wade?

Kirk?

He can't hold Wade and Wade is going to prove it, Chicago will lose in 6.

And then they get swept.

Thats why they play the games.

Writing off any good team in October makes no sense. The Bulls might well win 64 games, face Miami with homecourt, have a banged up Wade again with Bosh playing Sam Perkins level ball again. Butler might be a 17ppg all d first teamer shooting 40% from 3, with Rose playing MVP ball, Noah on his Rodman/Vlade Divac hybrid, Dunleavy making jumpers, Boozer giving the solid 14/9, Taj looking like 2011 again, and Deng back in all star form. Who knows what happens?

Bulls arent a team you can dismiss this soon.

Especially not over what used to happen. If teams never got past the team that used to beat them all the time the Bulls would never have knocked off the Badboys, the Badboys never would have knocked off the Celtics, the celtics would have won every ring in the 60s instead of almost every ring, and on and on and goes. The Suns eventually beat the Spurs. Anything can happen.

We arent talking Buster Douglas vs Tyson here. It isnt THAT unlikely the Bulls could win.

And Buster won himself.......

Not one person here would have said the Mavs were that big a threat to the Heat before 2011 started. Midseason? Some did. Preseason?

Bit early to make these calls.

We could come out 14-10 or 22-2 and nobody would be that surprised either way. Lets see. I have my league pass ready. International league pass so no blackouts. Im watching it start to finish.

This is what its all about.

Wouldnt be the first time the Bulls knocked off the preseason paper champs. Wouldnt even be the first time it happened lately....

Or the first time it happened lately when that paper champ was the Heat.....
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 10-15-2013 at 09:14 AM.

While on paper Bulls seem like a real threat, I have little hope as long as Deng and Boozer are starters. Those 2 always disappear against Miami in the playoffs, Deng is like the easiest matchup for Lebron and long, agile PFs like Bosh own Boozer. The fact there is no reliable 2nd option on offense is also an issue, Miami will just focus on Rose and force someone else to punish them but I doubt there will be anyone with enough offensive skill to beat that rotating Miami defense. The lack of shooters is a weakness too, Miami has an army of 3 point threats while Bulls just have a couple, losing Korver hurt them badly.

I have watched almost all Miami and Bulls games the past 2 seasons, there is a certain mental advantage Miami has against Chicago. Their games will be close grueling battles, but at the end of the day Lebron is more likely to carry the game than Rose. It's easier to shut down a PG, compared to a 260 pound 6'9 SF that happens to be the best athlete in the league. Heat just have too many advantages to overcome without a legit 2nd option.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    It's the Derrick Rose factor.
    When he's defended by Bron he becomes a non factor though.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Butler aka Lebron stopper. Had him shook as fu*k Diaw style

With a healthy rose and Noah they match up well and play physical defense against those heat pansies..

Not a Lebron stopper but he can contain him enough to cause the Heat some problems since Lebron dominates alot of the ball.

Which brings me to the posters on here doubting the Bulls as a threat to Miami.

Here are my thoughts;

Miami is going into yet another finals campaign, 4th long ass run that only gets more difficult each year.

Butler has emerged and is entering his 3rd season, which we should see him further improve. He will of learnt alot from playing Lebron the last finals and the kid is only getting better.

Dunleavy has come on board, he's a guy Bulls can rely on to make good decisions under pressure, but also space the floor for Rose. Last year he hit .428 of his threes, you don't leave him open.

Noah improved his fitness base last offseason and was able to play big minutes during the year because of it. He is coming into his prime and we should see him get a little bit better too.

Gibson has had an awesome preseason, he could be a difference maker if he's taking minutes and pressure off Boozer and Noah with good play. Definately an important player.

Rose looks to still have his athleticism, as the year goes on he'll be able to shake off that rust. We should also start to see that improved jumpshot he's been working on. Very important that he shoots well if/when they play Miami in the playoffs.

2011, all the games were close, only one blowout which the Bulls achieved. In game 5, Bulls had a 7 point lead with 1 and a half minutes to play, so series could of easily been 6 games. The 5 games was not a good indication of how close that series was.

I think now that we have Butler to do a job on Lebron, will probably mean Deng will have more energy to spend on offense, each year the Bulls passing has improved dramatically, we are a much much better team than 2011 and I think from what I've read from posters here, they are severely underrating our chances.

I believe the Bulls can beat them, we will see

I rule the local playground Chicago Brawls's Avatar

2011 ECF.

Keith Bogans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
    2011 ECF.

Keith Bogans.
    Holds a record for lowest dribble count per game for a starter coming from the shooting guard position.

2011 ECF.

Keith Bogans.
    He was so good at defense, which is why he was playing alot, but man he deflated the Bulls so much with the amount of clanks he did. So many open shots but couldn't hit shit.

No other team leaves their blood sweat and tears in the court when playing against Miami like the Bulls do. That's what makes them such a formidable opponent for them.

NBA rookie of the year

2011 ECF.

Keith Bogans.
    Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony. Spare me that excuse.

Bulls are a threat... I don't understand how anybody who claims to know the game can't see that... The have the coaching, personnel,defense,and style of play that gives us a hard time...

Home court is gonna be absolutely crucial this season

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony. Spare me that excuse.
    Wait a minute.

Bogans had a significant role on the Bulls team that year. Those guys you mentioned did not.

The reason Bogans impacted us so badly, was he further exacerbated the lack of offense the Bulls already had.

Saying Bibby and Anthony were as detrimental to the Heat is not even close. Heat didnt lack offense, so anthony's weaknesses were easily masked. I think I recall Chalmers playing the bulk of point guard duties?
    Last edited by poido123; 10-15-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

They aren't a problem for Miami. Just a bunch of LeBron haters praying to God that Miami loses to them. The truth is, Chicago doesn't have a chance of winning a series against Miami being led by a mentally weak loser like Derrick Rose.

Bulls are 0-3 all-time against LeBron.

Soon to be 0-4.

CAN"T WAIT (Bart Scott voice).

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

2011 ECF.

Keith Bogans.
    Who cares? Miami started Bibby, Anthony, and had absolutely no bench of any kind. Don't be mad your franchise player got his ass handed to him by The King. 6% shooting son. Get mad

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Who cares? Miami started Bibby, Anthony, and had absolutely no bench of any kind. Don't be mad your franchise player got his ass handed to him by The King. 6% shooting son. Get mad

That's a nice red necklace you have under your avatar