Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Default Dragon Age: Origins

Anybody getting this game? Heard much about it?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Gonna download the PC version. It looks great and Bioware rarely fails.

I don't follow what company's make which games etc, I guess I should but glad to hear it's a good one. I am a big RPG fan and I am thinking about getting this for the 360.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I don't follow what company's make which games etc, I guess I should but glad to hear it's a good one. I am a big RPG fan and I am thinking about getting this for the 360.
    I'll remember the good ones, and Bioware is definitely that. They made Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect, to name a few.

Canadian company too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Gonna download the PC version. It looks great and Bioware rarely fails.
    this probably, gonna support bioware by buying Mass Effect 2

Banned

Downloaded it and installed it a little while ago, anyone who's played it what's your opinion? I'm about to start.

Also the original Mass Effect is only $10 on steam right now. Buy it now if you haven't played it.
    Last edited by Al Thornton; 11-07-2009 at 01:45 AM.

I really like it.

It's so overly mature. Obviously it's also meant as a caricature, but it's also just a breath of fresh air because of it. You have to love how bloody this game is. And you are going to have to make some real difficult game-altering choices on a consistent basis. A huge improvement over for instance KOTOR (The combat is a lot like KOTOR), where the choice given was basically to be more holy than the pope or to be a tyrant.

It's not perfect though. It looks dated. Not that it bothers me, the game is quite pretty in some ways, but it's certainly no Crysis. The "dungeon" areas also last a bit long for my tastes, and the story can be a bit plotholey and illogical.

Overall though, I really like it.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    this probably, gonna support bioware by buying Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect surprised me so much by how great it was. I mean the gameplay itself was nothing to write home about but the more I got into the story and characters, I couldn't get away from it. I figured it would be good but when it comes to Bioware games, my expectations are always high and Mass Effect exceeded them.

I bought it for the 360 and I am very impressed so far. Still getting used to some of the menu options (tactics etc). Do you guys switch between your party members a lot or do you just play as the character you created. I am not far into the game yet.

Banned

Wow, I've only played a few hours but the game is incredible. It plays like KOTOR set in a lord of the rings type world. Also read that the game is 65-70 hours. That's some good ish.

My backpacks got jets dukecitydave's Avatar

I really need to get this game! BioWare is probably my favorite development company. KOTOR, Jade Empire and Mass Effect are among my top ten games of all time.

I got it for PS3, love it. Really good game so far. I thought I'd like it but I like it way more than I thought.

turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RapsFan
    I bought it for the 360 and I am very impressed so far. Still getting used to some of the menu options (tactics etc). Do you guys switch between your party members a lot or do you just play as the character you created. I am not far into the game yet.
    Well, according to the IGN review the PC version is a bit more tactical, whereas the console version is a tad more dumbed down. In the PC version, you aren't going to make it out of many battles by sitting back and just watching what unfolds, rather, you're going to want to micromanage your party.

This is good and bad, in my opinion, and constantly pausing the game to issue various orders takes away from the cinematic feel of the battles.

Anyway, I have it for PC and I love it so far. Like someone else said, it's a lot like KOTOR in the LoTR universe, except so much more in depth at times that it's almost daunting. This game has sunk its hooks in me like no other in quite some time.

Banned

im liking it so far
    i never got into the star wars ones, but i did get into mass effect
    and this ones sweet too

cant wait for mass effect 2

I am getting much better at this game and am loving it. I totally didn't have a proper party set up. Now I have my tank, mage and a couple of warriors. I have figured out the tactics also.