Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2k10

Banned

Default Re: Nba 2k10

I thought the demo was a pretty large improvement over the 2k9 game, so I'll probably get it sooner or later.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Oh dear, quite a few bad reviews in this thread. So it isn't much different to last year then.
    I tried out both demos and to me, 2k10 seemed the same as 2k9. Live was a lot better than it usually is. I kinda liked the gameplay, so I'm actually thinking about trying it this year. 2k hasn't improved much in the gameplay department over the past few years. They always add a new feature though, like this year's "My Player"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BallersTalk
    2k10 is a huge disappointment. Why is it every year 2k releases an unfinished product? I'm tired of their BS. They promised better brand new servers. Guess what happened on launch day? Servers went down. And when it went back up, it was trash. I'd return it but the only alternative is Live and it's even worse.
    yeah that's my only problem, but other than that game is awesome

Banned

Does the game have online franchise? Its a pretty big thing to me in a sports game since I got Madden 10. Anybody know?

Local High School Star

after a few more hours of playing against the computer i am startin to like this game.

but the main thing that ****ing pisses me off about this game is there stupid ass servers.

we pay all this money evry year and the mother****ing servers dont even work properly for the first 2 or 3 months

i only buy this game for online

Quote Originally Posted by Big One
    after a few more hours of playing against the computer i am startin to like this game.

but the main thing that ****ing pisses me off about this game is there stupid ass servers.

we pay all this money evry year and the mother****ing servers dont even work properly for the first 2 or 3 months

i only buy this game for online
    Im actually diggin the "My Player" mode...

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Im actually diggin the "My Player" mode...
    Me too. I don't know if I just flat out suck or it's actually hard tho. But either way I'm struggling

Orlando 2010 Champs oballers4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Me too. I don't know if I just flat out suck or it's actually hard tho. But either way I'm struggling
    Me too.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

****in thing just froze on me :|

Well it didn't actually freeze, but it wouldn't let me pass the ball in so we just took turns getting 5 second violations.....

Yeah, it was kinda gettin me pissed...I keep gettin bad grades for shooting too much, holding the ball too long and letting my guy score on me...

My guy is 6-4, 190, #23 for the Blazers Summer Circuit...

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

2k10 is a game that has far better defense than last year. You can't run n gun as much as you could last year. I've only played 10 minutes and I can tell it's harder to make quick passes upcourt. It's similar to the draft combine in a way that you better be careful where you are passing. You can't just hit the button to make a pass without thinking like you could last year.

It's way harder to penetrate than it was last year. You can't pass into the paint jam with 2 defenders around as easy. A lot of missed dunks because of that.
    Last edited by 04mzwach; 10-07-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Do people setup online leagues for these games? Where you do a fantasy draft and play a shortened season with playoffs and have it all organized and stuff?

played 8 games with 3-4 friends today and here's some thoughts:

1. the superstars are a lot more realistic last year. One of my big complaints (and a lot of people from reading/talking to friends) last year was that superstars were almost impossible to guard when you play against other people. Today no single player scored over 40 points on 6 min quarters

2. WAYYYYYY too easy to throw alley-oops. We counted and in 4 games, with defensive pressure turned all the way up, double team on the point guards turned on and halfcourt trap being used as the main defensive play, there were over 40 alley oops completed

3. Fatigue runs down really really quickly. Players will be in for 2 minutes and their energy will be completely depleted

4. Menus are really weird. It's like a 9-block grid and the middle option is return to game, and to get to the other ones you have to hold down the directional buttons/stick towards that option. Not a big deal just weird

Overall though a very fun game. Better than last year by a slight margin IMO. Keep in mind though I just get it to play with other people since almost all my friends that play live in the same apt complex out here, so i can't review the 1-player game modes. I'd say a 8.9/10

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Played the SL and like 7 D-League games and my guy is still only rated a 45 . Not even starting for the Utah D-League team .. got me as the ****ing 6th man.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Played the SL and like 7 D-League games and my guy is still only rated a 45 . Not even starting for the Utah D-League team .. got me as the ****ing 6th man.
    lol dam my point guard already took fish spot and they ended up trading farmars ass the last game dont no for who yet havent checked and im only a level 60 currently..you can rasie your levels real easy by increasing offensive and defensive awarness(typos? maybe but idgaf)