Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Local High School Star

Default Re: NBA Live '10 vs. NBA 2K10

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker
    The truth is 2K has reached it's ceiling meanwhile Live will keep on improving, like someone mentioned they hired a former 2K designer so the gameplay will be a lot better since that is the main focus this year. Also, Live has way better graphics in my opinion and yet they make it look better each year. Now what's 2K going to do this year? Add LeBrons pre-game routine? Really? 2K has been the same since 2K7 and that should give you an idea about 2K10 vs LIVE 10

They are adding a superstar mode, with draft combine, D-League, training camp, pickup games to get on a team, and a lot of other stuff.

I was more of a live fan, and wanted to buy live, but when I went to the store it wasn't there I just bought 2k9 and I thought it was great. I think 2k10 will > Live.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

2K > live no matter what.

Local High School Star IBLEEDGREEN20's Avatar

i have 2k9, live 09 and 09 the inside for ps3 and i love live 09..

the post play in 2k9 is horrible, especially when compared to live 09.. i straight up smash it on whoever after spinning past my defender in the paint.. hell even backing down in 2k9 is weird.

for people who think live is garbage... its 2009, not 2007..they rebuilt the engine after the horrible live 2007 and changed EVERYTHING.. 08 was a HUGE improvement over 2007 and 09 is even better..

graphically live ****s on 2k9, everything is smoother in live, the colors are brighter, the commentary is better, the atmosphere in game is better, the crowds r loud as hell

live over 2k..and i play 2k9 as well.. KG dunks on pau gasol so hard in 2k9 its a joke. i just love the controls of live along with the dunk button and pick n roll with play calling..

the shooting in 2k9 really pisses me off.. kobe drops like 35 in a row and ray allen cant make a shot 5 feet away from the hoop ddue to ****ty controls that dont let the player cross over or dribble well, ever.. it sucks.. feels ancient.. people want to be able to play the game, not break it after literally randomly blowing a 20 point lead when every player misses the easiest shots ever..

oh, did i mention the post play in nba 09 the inside for ps3 is better than 2k9? you can spin to the hoop in 09 the inside and backdown well.. even they got it right.. its 09.. for the hype 2k gets on being the realest sim out there, it needs work done to it in the shooting department, asap
    Last edited by IBLEEDGREEN20; 08-06-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20

the post play in 2k9 is horrible, especially when compared to live 09.. i straight up smash it on whoever after spinning past my defender in the paint.. hell even backing down in 2k9 is weird.

for people who think live is garbage... its 2009, not 2007..they rebuilt the engine after the horrible live 2007 and changed EVERYTHING.. 08 was a HUGE improvement over 2007 and 09 is even better..
    Let me put it this way, after playing Live 06 and 07, I came to this conclusion. I am going to give EA another decade to get their sh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR] together. That's how bad that game was.

Local High School Star IBLEEDGREEN20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Let me put it this way, after playing Live 06 and 07, I came to this conclusion. I am going to give EA another decade to get their sh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR] together. That's how bad that game was.
    they rebuilt 08 from the ground up.. new engines for every aspect of the game..

play live 08 for next gen n compare it to live 07.. 08 is MUCH better..

09 is even better than 08.. n now that the new gameplay engine works they are finally putting out a game worthy of playing again..

play live 09.

even if your a 2k guy, you gotta look into what they did to nba live.
    Last edited by IBLEEDGREEN20; 08-06-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown101
    They are adding a superstar mode, with draft combine, D-League, training camp, pickup games to get on a team, and a lot of other stuff.

I was more of a live fan, and wanted to buy live, but when I went to the store it wasn't there I just bought 2k9 and I thought it was great. I think 2k10 will > Live.
    Maybe something will change this year. Anyway I think it's great because they're both competing and trying to out do each other which might turn in better basketball games. Better for us gamers.

graphically live ****s on 2k9, everything is smoother in live, the colors are brighter, the commentary is better, the atmosphere in game is better, the crowds r loud as hell

live over 2k..and i play 2k9 as well.. KG dunks on pau gasol so hard in 2k9 its a joke. i just love the controls of live along with the dunk button and pick n roll with play calling..

the shooting in 2k9 really pisses me off.. kobe drops like 35 in a row and ray allen cant make a shot 5 feet away from the hoop ddue to ****ty controls that dont let the player cross over or dribble well, ever.. it sucks.. feels ancient.. people want to be able to play the game, not break it after literally randomly blowing a 20 point lead when every player misses the easiest shots ever..

oh, did i mention the post play in nba 09 the inside for ps3 is better than 2k9? you can spin to the hoop in 09 the inside and backdown well.. even they got it right.. its 09.. for the hype 2k gets on being the realest sim out there, it needs work done to it in the shooting department, asap

Sounds like you just suck at 2K.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

they rebuilt 08 from the ground up.. new engines for every aspect of the game..

play live 08 for next gen n compare it to live 07.. 08 is MUCH better..

09 is even better than 08.. n now that the new gameplay engine works they are finally putting out a game worthy of playing again..

play live 09.

even if your a 2k guy, you gotta look into what they did to nba live.
    They could rebuild it from the ground up 30 times for all I care doesn't change the fact that the last 10 games have sucked balls.

The one thing that completely blows balls in 2K9 is that Post Defense is basically non-existent. It's almost impossible to guard someone in the Post who is just remotely good.

Another thing that sucks is how Kobe can pretty much make everything. I am sick of facing the Lakers on Xbox Live just to see Kobe make everything and dunk over everybody.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    The one thing that completely blows balls in 2K9 is that Post Defense is basically non-existent. It's almost impossible to guard someone in the Post who is just remotely good.

Another thing that sucks is how Kobe can pretty much make everything. I am sick of facing the Lakers on Xbox Live just to see Kobe make everything and dunk over everybody.
    my post D is pretty solid

and playing teams with superstars like kobe,wade, and bron then zone must be applied to try to somewhat take them out of the game

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    my post D is pretty solid

and playing teams with superstars like kobe,wade, and bron then zone must be applied to try to somewhat take them out of the game
    yea i use zone too. usually a 1-3-1 vs. friends/online but man to man against the computer. Zone pretty much makes everything easier