Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: What's the difference between Kobe amount of shot attempts and Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by rule1223
    cuz he was guarded by scrubs, wasnt even one good defender in his era, with his handles in todays game hed get picked 4-5 times a game trying to create srs

NOT EVEN CLOSE....Jordan's huge hands and ball control is a STAPLE of his game...NO ONE can guard Jordan today under these rules.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: What's the difference between Kobe amount of shot attempts and Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Did you even watch Jordan play? This is why some people start rooting against Kobe, because of 15 year old Kobe fans and their opinion based on absolutely nothing.

The number one thing that impressed me the most about Jordan was his ability to create his own shot. That's the number one thing that impressed me the most as I tried to copy his moves. Then in 2003 I read Dennis Rodman's book, and he said that what impressed him the most about Jordan, and what impresses anyone who knows about basketball the most about Jordan is not the ppg, etc, but his ability to create shots.
    the only reason he could somewhat create his shot and i say this moderately is because of how bad the defense was. the guy had no handle, was bailed by the refs and drew the most phantom fouls of anyone this side of dwade 06. dont forget about the size advantages he had over the weak sgs of his era allowing him to post them up or just rise over them since they cant bother his shot. lol at some of the defenses he faced like the 98 jazz shooting 42%.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

cuz he was guarded by scrubs, wasnt even one good defender in his era, with his handles in todays game hed get picked 4-5 times a game trying to create srs
    Assuming you're serious....

I'm gonna play along, cause well.. I'm bored.

Assuming that Mj didn't have any handles at all.

He didn't need them.

If we transposed MJ into today's era, he wouldn't need them cause he'd just blow by everybody, specially under today's rules. There will be nothing nobody would be able to do to guard him. No crossover needed, he'd just go.

How fast was MJ during his physical prime? Kobe at his fastest was equal to MJ during the late 90s.

And oh yeah..... he sure as hell wasn't getting ripped when he was a Wiz. His old school 'simple' crossover was more than effective.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23
    the only reason he could somewhat create his shot and i say this moderately is because of how bad the defense was. the guy had no handle, was bailed by the refs and drew the most phantom fouls of anyone this side of dwade 06. dont forget about the size advantages he had over the weak sgs of his era allowing him to post them up or just rise over them since they cant bother his shot. lol at some of the defenses he faced like the 98 jazz shooting 42%.
    Michael Jordan averaged .35 foul shots per shot attempt for his career.

Kobe Bryant averages .39 foul shots per shot attempt while having been much more of a jumpshooter for the majority of his career.

Interesting no?

Incoming lame excuse I am sure.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I think earlier on the criticism was justified.

Kobe took plenty of forced and bad shots, most of them coming outside of the offense and flow of the game, in other words he was going for his.

MJ wasn't perfect, but he was far better at playing within the flow of the game, and taking better/smarter shots. MJ didn't force the issue as much as Kobe even when he was going for big numbers. Another difference between the two is that MJ even while in scoring mode was more willing to play other aspects of the game more frequently/consistently. Kobe appears to abandon every other aspect and concentrate solely on scoring. Again... Kobe appears to have changed somewhat from his earlier days, and matured as a decision maker.

Most of us have stressed repeatedly that one of the biggest differences between MJ and Kobe and why MJ was more successful, was MJ's superior IQ/shot selection.

Kobe has been inconsistent in these aspects, at times displaying a mature mindset and unselfish decision making, and then play an entire stretch that leaves one thinking "what happened to the Kobe of 1 minute ago?" Jekyll and Hyde kobe is.
    lol @ Kobe being like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That's totally true.

True on all points really. Like even when Michael Jordan scored a bunch of points, but most of the time it seemed to be within the flow of the offense while Kobe would dribble out of the triangle and out of the flow of the game.

Also, like what Guy and bwink23 said, Kobe does have low post scorers. Jordan Bulls never had a offensive frontline talent like Kobe has. I forgot to mention that in my OP post.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJoker23

Jordan as a Wizard with 23.9ppg on 47%FG in 75% of the games he played in....in a league with a 44%FG average.

I'm pretty sure prime Air Jordan would rip this league apart.

Good High School Starter

Assuming you're serious....

I'm gonna play along, cause well.. I'm bored.

Assuming that Mj didn't have any handles at all.

He didn't need them.

If we transposed MJ into today's era, he wouldn't need them cause he'd just blow by everybody, specially under today's rules. There will be nothing nobody would be able to do to guard him. No crossover needed, he'd just go.

How fast was MJ during his physical prime? Kobe at his fastest was equal to MJ during the late 90s.

And oh yeah..... he sure as hell wasn't getting ripped when he was a Wiz. His old school 'simple' crossover was more than effective.
    this is wat the average defender in the nba today is like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni7t4swtdYw

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Because Kobe has a tendency to force shots. While he is a great great scorer, he gets these moments where he keeps jacking up shot after shot even with defenses draped all over him. Now it doesn't happen very often, since he's such a good scorer that he rarely has terrible shooting games - but when it does happen people tend to notice it.

MJ shot a lot, but they were in the flow of the offense. When I watch his bad shooting games, they were pretty much good shots that just don't go in. Watch the 96 Finals for an example of this.
    This. People tend to credit Payton for Jordan's inefficiency in the 96 finals but truth is Jordan missed a lot of open shots.

LOL@ all the idiots who says Jordan has no handles. Jordan has lesser turnovers per game than Kobe.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

You wanna start posting vids?

Wiz vids have already destroyed the myth that Mj couldn't play in today's era. Something some of the biggest Kobe homers have already abandoned.

Good High School Starter

mj only had less turnovers because he didnt handle the ball as much and didnt have the ability to do so. kobe doesnt have the luxury of a pippen to run point forward and play to his strengths. mj doesnt draw as much defensive attention because of advanced defenses of today and kobes elite skill level which adds to tos. dont forget that bringing the ball up the floor takes more energy too so mj could basically rest on offense until he gets the ball, take advantage of the midget defender and shoot over him.

I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    1. Jordan's better
    2. Jordan never had efficient big men that he could just dump it down the way Kobe has for almost his whole career.
    Hmmmmmmmmm

Good High School Starter

You wanna start posting vids?

Wiz vids have already destroyed the myth that Mj couldn't play in today's era. Something some of the biggest Kobe homers have already abandoned.
    if you were playing against an old man would you go all out? its almost as pathetic as going all out against a kid or a girl, if you think the defenders were playing defense with the same intensity against jordan as they were for the rest of the league, you're delusional

if you were playing against an old man would you go all out? its almost as pathetic as going all out against a kid or a girl, if you think the defenders were playing defense with the same intensity against jordan as they were for the rest of the league, you're delusional
    HAHAHAHAHA! OMG! The idiocy of this post is hilarious!

Jordan was 40, lets take it easy on him hahahahahaha!

Great college starter

LOL at pulling up ONE game....this was Jordan's statline in 18 games featuring Reggie Lewis when Reggie was getting playing time...

34.3ppg on 54.9%FG.....ANY QUESTIONS????

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    LOL at pulling up ONE game....this was Jordan's statline in 18 games featuring Reggie Lewis when Reggie was getting playing time...

34.3ppg on 54.9%FG.....ANY QUESTIONS????
    i didnt say that guy was a good defender dumbass, i said thats how the average defender is today, if jordan played in todays era thats what would happen night in night out and even worse when he plays elite defenders