Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Would you rather have Westbrook/Davis or Westbrook/Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Too bad the Pelicans don't have another good big prospect, but were lacking in guard play. Oh yeah, they traded Noel for Holiday.
    Noel is still a wild card.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Anthony Davis is quickly getting overrated on here. I understand he is the next best thing, I know he will be but think about what an all time great big man does. All time great big men get their teams to the playoffs, regardless of how average their supporting cast is. And his supporting cast is average at best. It's not the worst supporting cast in the league.

I know what OP is doing though, he is trying to cause e-tension between Westbrook and Durant fans
    We are witnessing the strongest the NBA has ever been.

Almost every team in the NBA has REALLY good talent.

I mean come on, the worst team in the NBA has Carmelo Anthony and Tim Hardaway Jr and is being managed by Phil Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    But if you have a Sandwich and a Coke then the chemistry is way better and theres less flaws in your meal.
    Nice metaphor

Would you trade Durant/Ibaka for Davis straight up (assuming Durant told you he wasn't resigning?)

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Good question.

Durant will be the better player when it's all said and done IMO, so I'm gonna stick with Westbrook and Durant.

Not to mention, this is the first year Durant has been hit with injuries while Davis has been combating injury pretty much for all 3 years now (never hitting the 70 games mark until this year). Even in limited games with minutes restriction this year, Durant is putting up 25/7/4 on 51% with his team going 18-9. Even with Westbrook putting up beastly stats, the Thunder are a barely .500 team without Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Anthony Davis is quickly getting overrated on here. I understand he is the next best thing, I know he will be but think about what an all time great big man does. All time great big men get their teams to the playoffs, regardless of how average their supporting cast is. And his supporting cast is average at best. It's not the worst supporting cast in the league.

I know what OP is doing though, he is trying to cause e-tension between Westbrook and Durant fans
    So much bullshit

Kareem in his prime missed 2 consecutive post-seasons, in both likely the BEST PLAYER in basketball

Hakeem Olajuwon in his prime missed the post-season

Garnett in his prime missed THREE consecutive post-seasons, in the first likely the BEST PLAYER in basketball

So no, this does indeed happen, to a GOAT, top 10 player and top 20 player, in their PRIME, you fail again.

AND the current conference is better than any of those 3, FOH.

cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Don't try to be hip.

Edit: Misread the question, but still a silly one...

You present 2 choices, and Westbrook is the only constant.. usually you'd go with the better player for the constant in each hypothetical.
    Not silly one bit. Davis is 21 and is putting up 25/10/3. Add him to the Thunder and they'd be a top 3 team, imo. Davis does some things way better than Durant does.

Former Bulls Fan.

Nice metaphor

Would you trade Durant/Ibaka for Davis straight up (assuming Durant told you he wasn't resigning?)
    I'd trade the whole team for Davis.

You can have anybody.

Take your pick of anybody you want as long as you keep either Westbrook or Durant and Kanter or Ibaka.

Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka/Waiters/Kanter/Steven Adams/Jeremy Lamb

Durant/Westbrook
    Davis
    Kanter/Ibaka

Thats a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    I'd trade the whole team for Davis.

You can have anybody.

Take your pick of anybody you want as long as you keep either Westbrook or Durant and Kanter or Ibaka.

Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka/Waiters/Kanter/Steven Adams/Jeremy Lamb

Durant/Westbrook
    Davis
    Kanter/Ibaka

Thats a dynasty.
    Yeah, I'm with you pretty much on that. Would need to get some 3 pt role players and a defensive wing, but that's not too hard to fill a roster up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Good question.

Durant will be the better player when it's all said and done IMO, so I'm gonna stick with Westbrook and Durant.

Not to mention, this is the first year Durant has been hit with injuries while Davis has been combating injury pretty much for all 3 years now (never hitting the 70 games mark until this year). Even in limited games with minutes restriction this year, Durant is putting up 25/7/4 on 51% with his team going 18-9. Even with Westbrook putting up beastly stats, the Thunder are a barely .500 team without Durant.
    It's pretty obvious who is responsible for most of the wins over the past 5 years...

He wears number 35.

Westbrook is a valuable guy to have but Durant has carried OKC for almost a decade now, and will continue to do so for another decade while he collects multiple rings and MVPs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    It's pretty obvious who is responsible for most of the wins over the past 5 years...

He wears number 35.

Westbrook is a valuable guy to have but Durant has carried OKC for almost a decade now, and will continue to do so for another decade while he collects multiple rings and MVPs.

Former Bulls Fan.

Yeah, I'm with you pretty much on that. Would need to get some 3 pt role players and a defensive wing, but that's not too hard to fill a roster up with.
    The Heat assembled a bench of pretty much all League minimum salary 3pt shooters and defenders so its not hard at all.

OKC could even sign McGee for cheap now all of a sudden you have a super atheltic front court of Davis/McGee blocking shots left and right.

GOOD players aren't hard to find in today's league. There are so many good players that can do some major contributions to a team that are out of a job atm. The thing is that every team is trying to get SUPERSTARS. Good doesn't cut it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

He wears number 35.

No doubt, I completely agree.

OKC goes as far as Durant takes them. Westbrook has a nice little streak going right now but let's not forget the team's gone just 3-3 in the last 6 games, losing to pretty much every good team other than Toronto.

Durant on the other hand, carried the team to like 24-11 (56 win pace) last year while averaging crazy stats himself.

Everybody who are slurping over Westbrook right now are either:

1) LeBron stans that want to downplay Durant
    2) People that are living in the moment

I honestly can't think of anything else.

I like Westbrook as much as the next guy, he's having a fantastic season. But this is getting ridiculous lol.

@ the OKC thinking about trading Durant rumour, I hope for OKC's sake there isn't an ounce of truth in that.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    @ the OKC thinking about trading Durant rumour, I hope for OKC's sake there isn't an ounce of truth in that.
    You don't actually believe Sam Presti has entertained the idea of trading his franchise player Kevin Durant do you?

At anyone who thinks Presti is going to trade Durant next year.

3-time NBA All-Star

I would take durant alone. What happened to OKC last season being worse with westbrook is gonna happen with westbrook/davis