Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default #2 seed Cavs,with a .615 win % would be the #8 seed in West

16 top teams making the playoffs makes more and more sense.

Also, discuss if warriors would like playing the cavs in first round.

Default Re: #2 seed Cavs,with a .615 win % would be the #8 seed in West

Lebron* would soil himself if he had to play against the west in the playoffs. He's protected in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Lebron* would soil himself if he had to play against the west in the playoffs. He's protected in the east.
    but wouldn't he have better teams around him from start if he played on most western conference teams.
    players are ready to go to cleveland to play with him. who wouldn't like to go to Denver to play with him if he was drafted there if lets say you were the gm of cavs in 2003 and picked melo? pistons would have picked darko anyways.

most GMs in west are pretty good so i have no idea what you are talking about. lebron would have had a very good team around him from 2005 onwards.

other than spurs and memphis, not a single team in the west wins against the cavs in a 7 game series. other than last year, east has always played more physical basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    but wouldn't he have better teams around him from start if he played on most western conference teams.
    players are ready to go to cleveland to play with him. who wouldn't like to go to Denver to play with him if he was drafted there if lets say you were the gm of cavs in 2003 and picked melo? pistons would have picked darko anyways.

most GMs in west are pretty good so i have no idea what you are talking about. lebron would have had a very good team around him from 2005 onwards.

other than spurs and memphis, not a single team in the west wins against the cavs in a 7 game series. other than last year, east has always played more physical basketball.
    Where does this narative that players want to go play with him come from? Branstans? Players are ringchasers and realize he has an all time easy conference to get to the Finals and that in itself gives them a chance to win it all. Where were all these guys when he was originally on the Cavs? Did they not want to play with him? No, because when they wanted to ringchase they went to the Celtics because Celtics owned the East before LeCollusion started to make a mockery of competitive Basketball. Lebron started stacking the deck in Miami and people followed because they knew it was an easy chance for a ring. 2/4 isn't bad, gives them a 50/50 chance.

I can't believe a Lebron stan pretends to be a Spurs fan. That is disrespectful to other Spurs fans.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

TBH Cavs probably will win it all anyway, so who cares about records? Seriously, the whole East West thing gets old. This aint Biggie Tupac.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Where does this narative that players want to go play with him come from? Branstans? Players are ringchasers and realize he has an all time easy conference to get to the Finals and that in itself gives them a chance to win it all. Where were all these guys when he was originally on the Cavs? Did they not want to play with him? No, because when they wanted to ringchase they went to the Celtics because Celtics owned the East before LeCollusion started to make a mockery of competitive Basketball. Lebron started stacking the deck in Miami and people followed because they knew it was an easy chance for a ring. 2/4 isn't bad, gives them a 50/50 chance.

I can't believe a Lebron stan pretends to be a Spurs fan. That is disrespectful to other Spurs fans.
    i don't care how disrespectful it is to other spurs fans. i treat people like idividuals and don't group people. i am not an idiot like most sports fans. i want spurs to win it all and lebron to win east. it is not likethey play in the same conference.
    what does it say that i also want okc to do well? the only thing it says is that i like good basketball first and then other things come. you like man-drama created by media and privately owned team to make more money.

I love when retards on this forum act ike Lebron was on such stacked teams when year after year they were the same people saying they'd lose to the Pacers, the Celtics, the Spurs and the Thunder and even the Knicks

Freaking backtrackers.

If it were a 16 teams playoffs, Warriors wouldn't play Cavs. Even if they did, Cavs would win.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

From the standpoint of records...it's getting really bad. Surely it can't get much worse than that.

That said, I don't necessarily agree that something must be done. Sports is obviously heavily weighted by "luck" and draws as it is, so it seems to make sense. The NBA wasn't necessarily trying to stack the West the last 15-20 years...it's just how it worked out.

The biggest reason that I wouldn't like getting rid of the conferences is because of comparison over the years. It's hard enough to try to rank players across different era's...imagine how difficult it would be without conferences, especially when the playoffs are heavily influenced by matchups.

Regarding Cuban's idea to send teams to different Conferences: if he is talking about doing it strictly on longitude (how "East" or "West" your city really is)...that makes sense in principle. It would become difficult when teams moved or when expansion happens (keeping the Conferences balanced). But what I really would not like is the idea that it would completely change things for entire fan bases. Moving all the Texas teams to the East would be really weird IMO (which is what Cuban proposed). For a team like Memphis I could see it happening (they don't have a long history yet)...but for these Championship squads who have been in the West for 35+ years, that would be a really difficult change (and doesn't make THAT much sense geographically)...most people think of Texas as "the west."

Stacked team and could barely make the Playoffs in the West

While playing a weaker schedule in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    While playing a weaker schedule in the East.
    Disgusting.

College superstar

And if the Thunder were healthy all season, it's possible the Cavs wouldn't make it in the West.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    I love when retards on this forum act ike Lebron was on such stacked teams when year after year they were the same people saying they'd lose to the Pacers, the Celtics, the Spurs and the Thunder and even the Knicks

Freaking backtrackers.

if lebron played in the west his team would be more talented also from the get go