Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Lays Down the HAMMER

I think Kobe would be the best coach for this team.

I've said it before. Kobe is going to be a great coach in this league one day.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    I think Kobe would be the best coach for this team.

I've said it before. Kobe is going to be a great coach in this league one day.
    Probably sarcasm but I don't think Kobe would actually make a great coach. It's hard for great players to coach greatnesss in other players. Plus the fact he seems like a hard ass his players would probably end up hating him.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Probably sarcasm but I don't think Kobe would actually make a great coach. It's hard for great players to coach greatnesss in other players. Plus the fact he seems like a hard ass his players would probably end up hating him.
    No sarcasm.

I think he will be a great coach honestly.

Very good NBA starter

No sarcasm.

It's obvious that Kobe is highly intelligent and has a great knowledge of the game, but today's NBA players are too soft for his type personality. Just look at what happened with Smush or how everybody cries when Kobe says certain players need to step up

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

I wish he stop saying he's mores critical of his game then anyone else. If you were u wouldn't continue to jack up shots. Also theirs players out there that are critical of their game just as much as he think he is of his. Only problem is that they don't have the media in their face 24/7 to get the news out.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    I wish he stop saying he's mores critical of his game then anyone else. If you were u wouldn't continue to jack up shots. Also theirs players out there that are critical of their game just as much as he think he is of his. Only problem is that they don't have the media in their face 24/7 to get the news out.
    Kobe's not going to stop shooting and honestly why should he? it's more about quality of shots than quantity of shots.

Dunking on everybody in the park

If kobe just sits on the bench and coaches, the team would be better. Because without his presence on the court, Lakers will be a better team

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    @ this clown ignoring the part about Kobe shooting like garbage. I guess it's D'Antoni's fault that Bryant can't hit a shot.
    Knoe, your time of relevance ended in 09 and 10.

Move on.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Lays any - HAMMER

Kobe Lays Down the HAMMER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3S24ofEQj4

Banned

You mean Kobe lays down the HAMMER on himself? At least he's living in reality unlike his stans. Dude has been absolute garbage on the court recently, on both sides of the floor. And this is just ridiculous:

"I've tried to go out of my way to get him the ball," Bryant told Y! Sports. "Sometimes I end up looking like an idiot, because I get up in the air, I've got a shot, but I try to find him. But he thinks I'm going to shoot, so his back is turned.

Now why on Earth would Dwight Howard who is lucky if he take 5 shots nowadays be expecting Kobe with his 25-30 attempts per game to shoot the ball... when he's in the act of shooting? He had like 2 or 3 possessions where he dribbled and pulled up only to have Jimmy Butler right in his grill and then last second decided to bail out of the shot and throw it at the back of Dwight's leg. That's on Kobe's piss poor decision making and taking his teammates out of the mix, not on Dwight getting in position to try to rebound yet another Kobe brick.

5-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=Calabis]Yahoo Sports interview:

On the issue of Howard's belief that the ball simply doesn't go through him enough on offense, Bryant rejected the premise.
    "I've tried to go out of my way to get him the ball," Bryant told Y! Sports. "Sometimes I end up looking like an idiot, because I get up in the air, I've got a shot, but I try to find him. But he thinks I'm going to shoot, so his back is turned. I'm trying to think about getting him the ball a lot

5-time NBA All-Star

No sarcasm.

He habitually creates distance with peers, even when he is wrong. You think his love for underachievers (in his case everybody is one) will increase as a coach?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Well the bolded we're in agreement with. As far as the shooting 20+ times thing again it's such an arbitrary number that doesn't tell the whole story. Early in the season he was averaging 20 shots on good efficiency yet the team was still losing. Games where he shoots under 20 it could be blow outs so he doesn't play, games where he shoots over 20 could be blowouts but the coach keeps him in the game for some stupid reason. If he takes 30 wide open shots than so be it, and that goes for anyone else on the team. I'd love to see Dwight hoist up 20 shots a game, but the reason he doesn't is completely on Dwight.
    Coach Brown sat him down once, in a game where Kobe's defense was pathetic and Kobe was stunned to be on the bench in the 4th quarter. Brown was fired before the next game. As a coach of LA you better play Kobe garbage minutes to help his PPG average or you are a gonna. If Kobe says "let me rest" the coach(es) look good, it looks like the coach cares about future games, but Kobe has been taking shots at the end of their few blowouts and when they are blown out he's still going hard for points. The coaches don't have an option of taking him out.

Kobe will need a rest before the all star game and he should, say play me five minutes in the all star game Because we had this long road trip just before the game and I need my legs. He will more than likely try to be the star of the Allstar game. And if I was the coach (Clippers right) I would play him 48 minutes. Kobe is the mule in the Aesop fable stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    KoMe:"I've tried to go out of my way to get him the ball," Bryant told Y! Sports. "Sometimes I end up looking like an idiot, because I get up in the air, I've got a shot, but I try to find him. But he thinks I'm going to shoot, so his back is turned.

Yeah let's blame Howard for turning trying to compete for a board....hey Kobe!!! Shooting 26 shots per game the last three games may have something to do with that
    Epic quote. Why would you jump before making eye contact with D-12? Why not fake a shot w/o the jump?

He`s trying hard to explain the 30+ shots

Too good Kobe.