Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Shaq says Kobe is the greatest Laker of alltime

Kobe haters fail to realize that rewriting the Shaq-Kobe fued only serves to make Shaq's current comments about Kobe that more meaningful. He hates Kobe so much that he left the Lakers but is back years later kissing his ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Kobe haters fail to realize that rewriting the Shaq-Kobe fued only serves to make Shaq's current comments about Kobe that more meaningful. He hates Kobe so much that he left the Lakers but is back years later kissing his ring.
    You Kobe stans need to realize that outside of a few people (i.e. 32Dayz, GenghisKhan) most of us "Kobe haters" do not, in fact, hate Kobe, we hate KOBE STANS. If Kobe did not have the most annoying fanbase of all time, we wouldn't "hate".

Why do you bring up Kobe when I don't have Kobe at the clear #1 Laker spot? Not everybody likes to suck [COLOR="Black"]dic[/COLOR]ks the way you suck on LeBrick's. Idiot.

For me it's between Magic, Kobe and West; the first two for the success they achieved as players and the latter for what he did as player, coach and gm.

As for Shaq... let me laugh.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You Kobe stans need to realize that outside of a few people (i.e. 32Dayz, GenghisKhan) most of us "Kobe haters" do not, in fact, hate Kobe, we hate KOBE STANS. If Kobe did not have the most annoying fanbase of all time, we wouldn't "hate".
    LeBron stans are far worse on an individual basis.

Shaq left LA because Kobe acted like an arrogant douche and bad mouthed him in the media which pissed him off and made him demand more money then Buss was willing to pay.

Buss made the decision that he could only afford to keep one of the two and made the obviously more intelligent choice to keep the young player instead of the old one.

Kobe also told Buss after the 04 Finalz that he wouldn't resign with LA if they kept Shaq essentially ending any possibility of them working it out.

The whole feud was started because Kobe was dumb enough not to give Shaq his 15-20 touches consistently after the 2002 season and wanted to have the 0ffense ran through himself at that point.
    When Shaq complained about it Kobe fired back by publicly attacking him in the media which furthered the feud to huge proportions.

This came to a head in 04 where Kobe tried to carry the team in the Finalz like Shaq had done in previous years and failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Why do you bring up Kobe when I don't have Kobe at the clear #1 Laker spot? Not everybody likes to suck [COLOR="Black"]dic[/COLOR]ks the way you suck on LeBrick's. Idiot.

For me it's between Magic, Kobe and West; the first two for the success they achieved as players and the latter for what he did as player, coach and gm.
    Typical Phong, bringing up LeBron. You're the one who can't stop talking about LeBron, not me. He is one of my favorite players, but I'd be intrigued if you can find one instance of me actually overrating him when I'm being serious. And why are you getting angry? You're one of the biggest trolls on ISH, I hope you don't expect anyone to start taking you seriously. Calm down, you weirdo. I didn't bring up Kobe, you're the one who was saying he "devoted his entire career to the Lakers" in contrast to Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall

What relevance is it to you of how Shaq calling Kobe the greatest Laker of all time?

Do you think any Lakers fans gives a crap about who the greatest member of the Heat is of all time?

So you judged players based on what they did as a Coach or GM?

Let me laugh.

Shaq from 98-02 played at a level no Laker in franchise history has ever matched.

He won 3FMVP's and led LA to 3 consecutive titles as the clear leader and by far the best player.

His 7 year stretch from 97-04 is easily better then anyone in LA franchise history with only Magic perhaps having a case there.

Shaq easily has a strong argument as the GOAT Laker or at worst is 2nd behind Magic.

Friggen Kobe Stans, absolutely no knowledge of the game outside of their idol.

Magic and Shaq are the two greatest Lakers followed by Kareem/West/Kobe/Wilt not sure what order.

Quality > Quantity.

This. And RRR3 is one of the worst.

Shaq is right. Kobe is the GLOAT.

Banned

Typical Phong, bringing up LeBron. You're the one who can't stop talking about LeBron, not me. He is one of my favorite players, but I'd be intrigued if you can find one instance of me actually overrating him when I'm being serious. And why are you getting angry? You're one of the biggest trolls on ISH, I hope you don't expect anyone to start taking you seriously. Calm down, you weirdo. I didn't bring up Kobe, you're the one who was saying he "devoted his entire career to the Lakers" in contrast to Shaq.
    Phong said this
    Buss was so pleased with Shaq. I'm rewriting history...

Lets put Shaq ahead of guys who have devoted their entire career to the Lakers.
    You responded with this
    You brought up Kobe. Your anti-Kobe emotions guide your every typing move.

Phong said this

You responded with this

You brought up Kobe. Your anti-Kobe emotions guide your every typing move.
    He isnt Anti-Kobe and neither am I.

Jerry Buss never had any issues with Shaq and has publicly said so.

Kobe forced Buss to trade him by saying he wouldn't resign with LA if they kept Shaq due to jealousy.

Shaq at that point felt betrayed because Buss did not inform him before putting him on the block which reflects in the comments he made at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    So you judged players based on what they did as a Coach or GM?
    I judge a Laker on what he has done for the Lakers organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    What relevance is it to you of how Shaq calling Kobe the greatest Laker of all time?

Do you think any Lakers fans gives a crap about who the greatest member of the Heat is of all time?
    It's of no relevance at all. I don't take Shaq's opinion seriously. This is the same guy who didn't know who Lenny Wilkens was, thinks Hakeem>Kareem, and said that he was at his best on the Heat? BTW The greatest Heat player of all-time is Dwyane Wade. What's your point?

I judge a Laker on what he has done for the Lakers organization.
    Fair enough but purely as a player for LA I dont think Kobe had a better Career then Shaq.

Shaq has the best 7 year stretch of play ever for a LA player (97-04)
    Shaq has "By Far" the best 5 year stretch of play ever for a LA player (98-02)

Shaq led 3 LA Teams to Rings as the clear cut leader and best player and won 3 consecutive FMVP's (00-02).

If your a Laker fan you should respect those accomplishments and not belittle them because he left your franchise.