Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Shaq says Kobe is the greatest Laker of alltime

Are you calling Shaq wrong then, 32Dayz? or are you calling him a liar?

Magic >

Kobe is close.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    Are you calling Shaq wrong then, 32Dayz? or are you calling him a liar?
    I am saying that may be his opinion or he may just be saying it because its a smart thing to say for other reasons.

He may actually believe that I cant say either way.

Personally though I dont think Kobe had a better Career then Shaq as a Laker.

Quality > Quantity when I compare the two although Kobe isn't far behind him at this point.

Probably have Magic ahead of Kobe also.

For those who remember how Dominant he was from 98-02 and how great he was over his entire 7 years there I dont think they would find my opinion unreasonable.

He and Magic are the only two Lakers to win 3FMVP's and lead 3 LA teams to Rings as the clear cut best player I think.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    I am saying that may be his opinion or he may just be saying it because its a smart thing to say for other reasons.

He may actually believe that I cant say either way.

Personally though I dont think Kobe had a better Career then Shaq as a Laker.

Quality > Quantity when I compare the two although Kobe isn't far behind him at this point.

Probably have Magic ahead of Kobe also.
    What if Kobe wins one or two more rings and finishes his career with performances on par with his 2008-2010 seasons? Would that cement him as the greatest Laker in your mind?

What if Kobe wins one or two more rings and finishes his career with performances on par with his 2008-2010 seasons? Would that cement him as the greatest Laker in your mind?
    Probably.

Yeah.. it would.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Do people really forget how good he was?
    People haven't forgot how he said "pay me mother[COLOR="Black"]fuc[/COLOR]ker" to Jerry Buss after coming to camp fat and out of shape; how he left the team on bad terms (typical Shaq) and how he went on to become a journeyman chasing after a 5th ring.

If he has stayed most of his career with the Lakers, he might have had a case. He's behind Magic, Kobe, West and Kareem.

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    People haven't forgot how he said "pay me mother[COLOR="Black"]fuc[/COLOR]ker" to Jerry Buss after coming to camp fat and out of shape; how he left the team on bad terms (typical Shaq) and how he went on to become a journeyman chasing after a 5th ring.

If he has stayed most of his career with the Lakers, he might have had a case. He's behind Magic, Kobe, West and Kareem.
    Jerry Buss has publicly said that Shaq was joking around when he said that and he took it that way.
    He was not insulted or bothered by the comment so for you or anyone else to view it that way is basically just believing in a fantasy.

Buss loves Shaq and has repeatably praised him in the media beyond all other things calling him the GOAT and MDE while he was playing in blue and gold.

Outside of 03 he was never "out of shape" and he was still by far the best player for LA in the 03 playoffs so he doesn't have to apologize for anything.

Becoming a journey man does not change what he accomplished as a Laker and based on those 7 years and the fact that he is one of only two lakers to lead the team to 3 Championships and is one of only two lakers with 3FMVP's he has a strong case as the GOAT Laker.

Shaq/Magic > Kobe/Kareem/West
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 11-29-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Shaq left because Kobe was a whiny little bitch who couldn't stand being the 2nd best player on his own team. Stop rewriting history to fit your agenda.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

#1 Laker alltime......Magic Johnson

#1 Laker troll fan.....AlphaDouchebag24

Shaq-Dr. Buss Feud Continues
    from : localhost/sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?sl...ov=apamp;type=lgns

Shaq not pleased with Buss' weight-loss remark

MIAMI (AP) -- Nearly a year after the trade, the verbal jousting between Shaquille O'Neal and the Los Angeles Lakers is still going strong.

One day after Lakers owner Jerry Buss said O'Neal found motivation for losing weight only after being traded by Los Angeles to Miami, the Heat's All-Star center took issue with the remark.

``I didn't need motivation,'' O'Neal said. ``I needed a real owner. ... I needed a real owner like Micky Arison. You can quote me on it.''

Buss also said he doesn't regret trading O'Neal to Miami.

``And I don't regret him losing money and his not making the playoffs,'' O'Neal said.

On Wednesday, Buss said O'Neal was not willing to get into shape when he played for the Lakers. O'Neal, who played at an estimated 370 pounds during his final season in Los Angeles, is down to about 325 in Miami.

``It seems that the motivation for him to lose weight was to trade him,'' Buss said Wednesday.
    The 2002–03 NBA season began with the three-time defending champions getting off to one of their worst starts ever. The team was several games under .500 at 11–19 with their return to the playoffs questionable. Shaquille O'Neal was sidelined with a toe injury. O'Neal could have had surgery on his toe early in the summer (which would have allowed him to return to playing sooner), but he decided to wait and have the surgery performed not long before the Lakers' pre-season training camp began. He said, "I got hurt on company time, so I’ll rehab on company time."
    Buss was so pleased with Shaq. I'm rewriting history...

Lets put Shaq ahead of guys who have devoted their entire career to the Lakers.
    Last edited by Phong; 11-29-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Buss was so pleased with Shaq. I'm rewriting history...

Lets put Shaq ahead of guys who have devoted their entire career to the Lakers.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...e-to-be-traded
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927

He's SOOOOOOOOOOOO devoted.

I would rank them as
    1. Magic Johnson
    2. KAJ
    3. Shaq
    4. Wilt
    5. Kobe
    6. Elgin Baylor
    7. Jerry West

Banned

Way to ignore the Buss quotes.

Shaq missed 15 games in 03 due to that injury big whoop, people act like it effected the season but its clear it didn't.

They would have lost to the Spurs with or without an extra 5+ Wins on their RS Record.

Again Buss himself has personally said Shaq was joking when he made that "Pay me" remark and it did not bother him in the least.

If he took it as a joke and you take seriously it only makes you look stupid.

Way to ignore the Buss quotes.
    So Kobe was sooooooooo devoted he didn't want to hurt the poor widdle management's feelings and instead told the press instead? What a class act Da GAWD!