Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron: "I want to be the GREATEST of All-Time"

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Cool. If I interviewed every kid on the playground by my house they'd all say the same thing too. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. It's too late for Lebron to be the "GOAT". He can't win 11 titles like Russell did, and he can't shatter all sorts of records and put them ridiculously out of reach like Wilt did. All he can do is cement himself as an all-time great, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. But the ship has already sailed for becoming 'the' GOAT if there were such a thing, because other players have done far more remarkable things than he has.

lebron easily > wilt

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    "I feel I have the potential to maximize my time playing basketball... and I'm far away from it but I see the light"
    Maybe I'm being a little slow here, but I am not interpreting any GOAT aspirations from this. I'm getting maybe some variation of "I want to be the best I can be." from this. That's all.

Me too....

One Ray Allen missed jumper away from all this GOAT talk nonsense.

Maybe if he had the discipline/sense of urgency that Jordan had then he would have a legit shot. Guy is on an incredibly stacked team in a weak ass league, is clearly the best player in the league, in his prime, and yet still can't seem to find a way to win on his own terms, instead of relying on random luck.

Jordan made sure to NEVER let a team even sniff the ship in the finals. LeBron lacks whatever discipline that it.

LeBron is also known to talk shit before the fact. Everyone knows this type of person. And we all know the phrase "Easier said than done" and "You can talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk" - yes, LeBron embodies these phrases.

Isn't this the same clown who at a welcoming event in Miami with his two super star teammates that he shamelessly teamed up with on national TV while back stabbing his hometown and once again going against his word. "I won't stop until I bring a ship to Cleveland" or something along those lines..... and told told the fans of Miami how easy it was going to be and how they ain't stopping till they get x amount of rings. Beginning to see a pattern with this guy? Loves to impress people in the moment with his words, but doesn't have the mental fortitude to actually do it.

"But what is he supposed to say??"

Maybe something along the lines of... "I just want to be the best I possibly can be and for this team to be the best it possibly can be... we gotta go to work every single day to accomplish our goals"

But instead we get a childish remark that reminds you why a guy like this could never surpass a guy like Jordan. Thanks for the laugh though Bron.

Sorry, but if LeBron wins another titles and Finals Mvp, along with First Team All NBA and First Team All Defensive, then he moves to top 5 for me. Wins 2 more after that? GOAT player. It's a fact. And f*ck wat ne Jordan fan has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Maybe if he had the discipline/sense of urgency that Jordan had then he would have a legit shot. Guy is on an incredibly stacked team in a weak ass league, is clearly the best player in the league, in his prime, and yet still can't seem to find a way to win on his own terms, instead of relying on random luck.

Jordan made sure to NEVER let a team even sniff the ship in the finals. LeBron lacks whatever discipline that it.

LeBron is also known to talk shit before the fact. Everyone knows this type of person. And we all know the phrase "Easier said than done" and "You can talk the talk, but you can't walk the walk" - yes, LeBron embodies these phrases.

Isn't this the same clown who at a welcoming event in Miami with his two super star teammates that he shamelessly teamed up with on national TV while back stabbing his hometown and once again going against his word. "I won't stop until I bring a ship to Cleveland" or something along those lines..... and told told the fans of Miami how easy it was going to be and how they ain't stopping till they get x amount of rings. Beginning to see a pattern with this guy? Loves to impress people in the moment with his words, but doesn't have the mental fortitude to actually do it.

Maybe something along the lines of... "I just want to be the best I possibly can be and for this team to be the best it possibly can be... we gotta go to work every single day to accomplish our goals"

But instead we get a childish remark that reminds you why a guy like this could never surpass a guy like Jordan. Thanks for the laugh though Bron.

Sometimes I love you with posts like these...

The ISH'ers Champion!

Lebron is as delusional as his tards in this forum. Not an inch of a surprise here....

Great college starter

LBJ coming for that crown and still has alot of time to rack up the accolades. He's already better than Kobe w/o question. If gets a title and finals mvp this year he surpasses Bird IMO.

Still has along way to go before equaling MJ though

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    LBJ coming for that crown and still has alot of time to rack up the accolades. He's already better than Kobe w/o question. If gets a title and finals mvp this year he surpasses Bird IMO.

[FONT="Arial Black"]*[/FONT] And it only took Lebron 2 extra seasons (almost 3 accounting for MJ's injury season) to get it those things Someone should make a "10th season" chart like that

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    [FONT="Arial Black"]*[/FONT] And it only took Lebron 2 extra seasons (almost 3 accounting for MJ's injury season) to get it those things Someone should make a "10th season" chart like that

I didn't say he was better than Jordan. What that images shows is that lebron has alot of accolades already @ the young age of 28 which means he has alot of time to catch up to Mike. lebron could rack up atleast 2-3 more reg season MVp's, 2-3 more title and 2-3 more Finals MVP's.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

Incredibly stacked team? That for 3 straight years has been outscored without him on the floor...?? MJ leaves the Bulls and they were a few plays away from likely playing in the Finals.

The gap between LeBron and the rest of the league is just as big as it was for MJ, if not bigger. Mike just played on a better team with league rules designed to halt defenses from defending him the way teams defend LeBron now.

And if the Heat win the title this year they will be the first team since the Russell Celtics to go to the Finals 4 straight years and win 3 times.

He said it would be easy to play with Wade, not to win Championships.

You are holding things against him from 4 years ago that are factually incorrect and laughable in their pettiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Yes, we're clearly in an incredibly tough era of Basketball right now......

Most of the great stars of the late 90's/ 2000's are old.

There's not one truly great center playing today, even when Dwight was healthy.

Jordan's competition featured players who are on everyone's top 20 list. Magic, Bird, a young but still dominant Shaq, Barkley, Malone, Hakeem, Robinson, etc etc....

Lebron's primary competition features one player who is arguably a top 50 player ( Durant), a point guard who hasn't played in two years (Rose) and a chuck-you-into-or-out-of-a-game gunner in Melo, and he joined the * at the time* second best player in his own conference to get over the hump (Wade). Of course Wade has fallen off the past year or so, but he was in his prime when Lebron joined him, thereby eliminating him as a competitor.

Truly stellar stuff there....
    None of those even play Jordan's position

While this era isn't strong in the center department, this is the deepest perimeter era the league has ever seen and those people that Lebron goes up against personally every night.

Very good NBA starter

That ship has already sailed....