Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: *stands on soapbox and clears throat* Michael Jordan does not need you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    This right here, now to include Lebron stans (I see this is an old thread).

As long as new jacks put out garbage about players they've never seen play or caught at the tail end of their careers, us older guys will be around to put them little bitches in check.

**** this noise, Blaze. You should be droppin' knowledge on these young cats instead of giving in.
    Kblaze, along with a select few posters I've seen here, drop a lot of knowledge about the old eras, teams that played in them, and the players they missed. I could link the threads here if you want.

In this thread he has a point, but there's also point about speaking about ignorance. I've already had this conversation with you and other Jordan fans, so I'm not going to restate everything again.

Anyways, nobody says Kobe is going to be the GOAT anymore. Or at least, the ones that do are really young or trolling... either way, if your going to put them "in check", go ahead. It's a wasted effort.

Default Re: *stands on soapbox and clears throat* Michael Jordan does not need you.

This right here, now to include Lebron stans (I see this is an old thread).

As long as new jacks put out garbage about players they've never seen play or caught at the tail end of their careers, us older guys will be around to put them little bitches in check.

**** this noise, Blaze. You should be droppin' knowledge on these young cats instead of giving in.
    i am asking you again. why are you on an nba forum? Even if you loved it some time back, you clearly don't love the game anymore if you ever loved it at all. You stopped loving it as soon as Jordan retired so i have no idea what you are doing here. it seems like you are a kid given the way you post(so many insults) so it just might be true that you are from Chicago and hate that you don't have anything to brag about like kobe/lebron fans do even if they are wrong but at least those players are still playing.

Jordan is the best of all time in my opinion but guys like you continuously overrate him. Be happy that at at least 7 out of 10 NBA fans have him as GOAT.

Fans of Kareem, Bill Russell, bird and wilt should be the only people as angry as you because those players don't get the recognition they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    i am asking you again. why are you on an nba forum? Even if you loved it some time back, you clearly don't love the game anymore if you ever loved it at all. You stopped loving it as soon as Jordan retired so i have no idea what you are doing here. it seems like you are a kid given the way you post(so many insults) so it just might be true that you are from Chicago and hate that you don't have anything to brag about like kobe/lebron fans do even if they are wrong but at least those players are still playing.

Jordan is the best of all time in my opinion but guys like you continuously overrate him. Be happy that at at least 7 out of 10 NBA fans have him as GOAT.

Fans of Kareem, Bill Russell, bird and wilt should be the only people as angry as you because those players don't get the recognition they deserve.

I love basketball, dude. THAT'S why I still watch it. Hell, I even watch Euroleague when I get the chance.

Just because I don't slob all over the players today like you kids do doesn't mean I don't like watching basketball. I just don't enjoy the product as much as I used to. But where else am I gonna get my basketball fix?

And as far as overrating MJ--only a moron who never watched in his prime would be spouting bullshit like that. Like I've said elsewhere, I'm gonna check anyone who posts nonsense about that era, whether you like it or not.

And I'm not from Chicago. I've only been there twice, years ago. I am from Miami, matter of fact. Born there, but raised elsewhere being a military brat and all. But I've been a Bulls fan before the Heat even existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Kblaze, along with a select few posters I've seen here, drop a lot of knowledge about the old eras, teams that played in them, and the players they missed. I could link the threads here if you want.

In this thread he has a point, but there's also point about speaking about ignorance. I've already had this conversation with you and other Jordan fans, so I'm not going to restate everything again.

Anyways, nobody says Kobe is going to be the GOAT anymore. Or at least, the ones that do are really young or trolling... either way, if your going to put them "in check", go ahead. It's a wasted effort.

Ah, so give in to the cretins is your answer, just like Blaze?

Ah, so give in to the cretins is your answer, just like Blaze?
    Give in to what, exactly ? Nonsense ? Been there, done that. What else should I say regarding somebody spouting ignorance on the subject at hand ?

I was speaking to Neveah not too long ago about someone questioning if I have it out for people defending Jordan too much, when infact I've defended Jordan quiet a bit on here myself. The only retired players I defend more are guys like Wilt and Russell or any other 60's and 70's player that continues to get disrespected because of when they played, outside of Kareem and Dr.J.

Even Bird and Magic get disrespected, but to a lesser degree. My thing is... there are fans I've seen, most saying they are Jordan fans, do the exact same thing to the past eras and tear down any other player that a seeming threat to Jordan. And these are 30-40 year old's saying Wilt didn't face enough competition and Russell only would have 2-3 Finals MVP's due to his ppg in the Finals. And off course you have kids who read Jordan stats and spew it all day and they never even seen Jordan play in context.

So you have 2 sides to everything. The fact I don't have to state it over and over again because it's already been written. Anybody who doesn't have an agenda and can go through a player's career in context can see a guy like Jordan was great. That Wilt was great, that Duncan was great, that Kobe was great, that LeBron is great and will be forever be in the talk for the greatest players ever.

And by saying so, I'll judge the future of the sport and it's players on how they perform and not some young kid hyping his era and or downing another one. Besides, that's the thing I find most interesting about the future, what more great players can we witness ? What more great teams will come about ? Doesn't make me think any less of the past. Their not just not in the current state of affairs, but the fact that they get brought up and compared to already speaks volumes about them.