Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Wade falling apart at 30, while Kobe at 34 ....

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Be's longevity forces me to grudgingly respect him.
    I feel the same way. For the longest time I felt as though he was overrated - the casual nba fan thinks kobe=jordan - but after this long it's obvious that the man wants to be the goat and is working damn hard to be the best. When it comes to sports, heart is one of those things that can never be overrated so kobe gets mad props for that.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    I feel the same way. For the longest time I felt as though he was overrated - the casual nba fan thinks kobe=jordan - but after this long it's obvious that the man wants to be the goat and is working damn hard to be the best. When it comes to sports, heart is one of those things that can never be overrated so kobe gets mad props for that.
    I hate when Be forces me to respect him. Damn his greatness!

Every year people talk sh*t about Wade's. The talk about his decline then he drops 40 in a playoff game. This guy doesn't give a sh*t about the regular season. Yes he's banged up but he's still the man when it matters.

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Bledsoe stuffing Wade on that break away dunk has got to be the play of the night in my book...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    hey kenny I hope you know that lebron is honestly better than kobe

hes barely better than a 17th year guy whos best peak was half a decade ago

and i do mean barely better. because its actually debatable as of this current moment as to whos better between kobe bryant and lebron james. kobes playing like the best player in the nba. only reason hes not legitly is because the lakers coaching and bench issues costing them wins

so the fact that lebron is only slightly still ahead of kobe at this stage is actually funny.

he should be miles ahead.

when lebrons in his 17th year he'l be averaging 16/5/2 and be retired by seasons end

LeBron is ten miles ahead of Kobe stop being blind Kenny. Defense is part of the game, and Kobe can't touch LeBron in rebounding or passing either.

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Every year people talk sh*t about Wade's. The talk about his decline then he drops 40 in a playoff game. This guy doesn't give a sh*t about the regular season. Yes he's banged up but he's still the man when it matters.
    I think it's funny that when people compare Kobe to Wade, Kobe Stans basically say that Wade is Garbage and washed up. But when they talk about Lebron on the Heat, Wade is a "top 3 player" and LBJ just has so much help it's impossible for him not to win.
    The lengths they'll go to to put Kobe on a pedestal is pathetic.

With that said, Kobe's longevity is amazing and honestly he is better than Wade right now.

Banned

LeBron is ten miles ahead of Kobe stop being blind Kenny. Defense is part of the game, and Kobe can't touch LeBron in rebounding or passing either.

kobes 2nd team all defense. 1st team last year... he still plays great on ball defense when it matters most

and lebron isnt even a great on ball defender. he plays passing lanes and gets blocks on chase downs with never a goal tending call or foul call ( remember the jason richardson massacre ? )

as for rebounding.. lebrons 6-9, 260 pounds and jumps higher than anyone. he should be a better rebounder.

we're not comparring jordan to kobe. its not guard vs guard. lebrons a PF with the strength of a center...its like using shaqs rebounding numbers over kobe.. its not the same thing. for kobes height hes as skilled a rebounder as lebron.. and it shows. because at 6-5 and 205 kobe has been grabbing 5-6 rebounds every season. which is good. while lebron averaging 6-7 for most of his career is kind of lame. he should have a career average of 9-10

and passing. kobes ran the triangle most of his career. and when he wasnt he still never ran an offensive system like the one theyre about to with d'antoni. or like the one lebron has always run. which is a ball dominant 1 pass play maker kick out assist padder

kobes always been more of an initial double team drawer and usually all of gasols assists are acutally kobes. but hockey assists dont count in basketball

when you factor in kobes been the #1 play maker for 5 world championships. i would say thats worth more as a set up guy than any of lebrons 1-2 more apg seasons playing his flawed stat padding bs

in the end i look at pure tallent. and kobe has more in his pinky than lebron has in his entire body

if lebron was 6-5, 205 pounds with limited athleticism. no physical advantage. he wouldnt even be in the nba.

kobe with that body averages 27/5/5

kobes better IMO... still is. not as productive. but better as a fundimentally sound, tallented basketball player

I hate when Be forces me to respect him. Damn his greatness!

Used to hate be's stlye of play a lot (too much MJ milk for my liking), but you've got to respect the man's focus, his hunger and he's always motivated. Dude is a madman on court.

p.s.

LeBron is a punk! As talented as he is, I friggin hate his guts

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    Used to hate be's stlye of play a lot (too much MJ milk for my liking), but you've got to respect the man's focus, his hunger and he's always motivated. Dude is a madman on court.

p.s.

LeBron is a punk! As talented as he is, I friggin hate his guts
    I don't care

@Kenny,
    I'm not even going to bother with that delusional rambling tirade you passed off as a post.

Banned

I don't care

@Kenny,
    I'm not even going to bother with that delusional rambling tirade you passed off as a post

i don't expect you to be able to. thats why i wrote it

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i don't expect you to be able to. thats why i wrote it
    You're the only person insane enough to argue LeBron vs. Kobe at this point. Think about that for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    hes barely better than a 17th year guy whos best peak was half a decade ago

and i do mean barely better. because its actually debatable as of this current moment as to whos better between kobe bryant and lebron james. kobes playing like the best player in the nba. only reason hes not legitly is because the lakers coaching and bench issues costing them wins

so the fact that lebron is only slightly still ahead of kobe at this stage is actually funny.

he should be miles ahead.

when lebrons in his 17th year he'l be averaging 16/5/2 and be retired by seasons end
    You are the only person who thinks there is even a debate between who is better now. I don't think the gap is slight at all. You plug lbj into last years lakers and they win the championship, it's that simple.

Yeah it's a miracle that Kobe is ballin like this in his 17th season. Yes kobe is extremely skilled, yes kobe will play longer and most likely have a longer prime but none of that means anything when you are trying to see who the best player is.

The facts are that lbj is the shaq of perimiter players, his ability to get to the rim and finish is elite and the fact that he has the skill to handle the ball 24/7 like a pointguard gives him far more opportunities to be dominant and leave an imprint on the game. Last year he shot a ridiculously low percentage on jumpshots in the finals but he was still clearly the best player in the series. Kobe is not a one-trick pony but he just doesn't have the same physical advantage that jordan and lebron have over their competition

Banned

You're the only person insane enough to argue LeBron vs. Kobe at this point. Think about that for a second.
    ok

27/5/5 on 55% fg's, 45% threes, 92% ft's with lock down defense

*for a 6-5, 205 pound shooting guard

vs

23/10/6 on 55% fg's, 52% threes, 65% ft's with good blocking/ steals

*for a 6-9, 260 pound power forward

considering the rebounds are expected to be higher and thus, not as impressive. kobe comes out on top

and i also give kobe a boost because of having to overcome disadvantages physically

kobes better right now. obviously not last year. but right now he is

Kobe couldn't lock down a chair dafuq are you talking about Or did you miss Danny Green hitting a game winner in his face?