Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Default Re: I pray to the basketball gods(pics)(lebron)

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    First address the reach in before the dunk attempt. Clear as day foul.

Second, what's even your argument about the no-call? That just because Plumlee touched the ball with his pinky first, he can do whatever he wants afterwards? Do you realize how stupid this sounds?
    are you serious? the reach in by JJ is such minor contact that happens on nearly every possession. No way that is called... Not even Lebron himself would be making that argument.

And yes, it doesn't matter that Plumlee hit palm/wrist arm afterwards because he blocked the ball first.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    are you serious? the reach in by JJ is such minor contact that happens on nearly every possession. No way that is called... Not even Lebron himself would be making that argument.
    Weak argument. Foul's a foul and I've seen reach-in fouls get called all the time.

And yes, it doesn't matter that Plumlee hit palm/wrist arm afterwards because he blocked the ball first.
    Ah, so Plumlee blocked Lebron with his pinky. Dat super strength

And whether you want to admit it or note, the pass to Lewis was an excellent play. Lewis could have easily finished that layup if he hadn't hesitated. He's perfectly capable of making an open layup.

I'm pretty sure MJ , Kobe and KD would have successfully dunked that ball and won't let a rookie block them. A nobody blocking and embarrassing the supposed to be King, what a shameful display. It's like a Peasant making the King kneel to him.

Thanks for making my point for me. I'll bold it for you. It's not a perfect play if the guy the best player passes to isn't capable of making the shot!
    As I said, he was entirely capable of making it but hesitated for a micro second and 3 defenders converged upon him. Others like Chalmers would definitely not have hesitated and at the least, would've gotten fouled.

And if Lebron attacks the double and crosses a backpedaling Pierce he gets a dunk, no way could they get there in time for a charge are you kidding?
    Yeah, sure. Once again, it was the PERFECT pass. Lewis had a brain fart.

The best player in the league should attack not pass to a much lesser player that can't finish contested layups with the game on the line
    Kobetards.
    Take fadeaways over 3 or 4 defenders with 2 seconds left, instead of passing to to the open player. No wonder Kobe is worse than LeBron in the clutch.

LeBron the regular season warrior. Beast mode in the RS and can't show up when it really matters.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    I'm pretty sure MJ , Kobe and KD would have successfully dunked that ball and won't let a rookie block them. A nobody blocking the supposed to be King, what a shameful display.
    It's easy to make such a statement it was a block its a regular seaseon game and you guys are overeacting out the ass.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    LeBron the regular season warrior. Beast mode in the RS and can't show up when it really matters.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Disagree. That was not a good basketball play by Lebron. Lewis did not have a layup, because they wanted and were expecting him to get the ball. And I'm glad you brought this up, because this is one of the things I wanted to discuss.

Look at the positioning of Pierce and JJ as they defend Lebron in the first picture. They want him pass to Lewis, because if Lebron crosses a backpedaling Pierce to his strong hand he would get a dunk then if JJ comes to help then Lewis would get a dunk.

It is not the best play to immediately pass out of a double instead of attacking it. Especially when you are a 6'8 260 best player in the league monster in transition passing to a far inferior player to a shot he is not comfortable with at all.
    No. I'm sorry, Lewis had a wide open lay-up. He incorrectly decided to hold the ball.

If you do not agree with this upon seeing the replay, then you are not worth arguing with.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 04-09-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Good college starter

And looks to me like Plumlee hits Lebron's hand before he makes any contact with the ball.

Like I mentioned yesterday, Lakers, Bulls, and Thunder fans get very excited about bad calls going the Heat's way.

LeBron, the only "great" player who gets blocked by inferior players on the game-deciding play.

PS... ^^ that was the Finals...

Good college starter

LeBron, the only "great" player who gets blocked by inferior players on the game-deciding play.

Now that's a clean block

Ouch, OP... you okay?

Banned

I'm sorry I just can't help it. I like this picture, I think this thread should be smothered by it.