Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe sucks as a starting point guard

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    That's what I'm saying. He seems to watch the Thunder and the Clippers more than the teams he supports and talks about them more too. Guy is just a horrible basketball fan TBH.
    I say obvious things any NBA fan knows Eric Bledsoe is a bench player.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I say obvious things any NBA fan knows Eric Bledsoe is a bench player.
    Yes because that's all you say. The sad thing is... you spend so much time giving opinions about other players/teams all of which are WRONG and off base and your knowledge of your own team isn't much better. TBH if you didn't tell people what you were a fan of I'd have no clue. Stick to talking about the Lakers and less about other teams and at least next to ignorant Kobe homers you'll fit in a little better.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Yes because that's all you say. The sad thing is... you spend so much time giving opinions about other players/teams all of which are WRONG and off base and your knowledge of your own team isn't much better. TBH if you didn't tell people what you were a fan of I'd have no clue. Stick to talking about the Lakers and less about other teams and at least next to ignorant Kobe homers you'll fit in a little better.
    No one in this whole thread agrees with you, and I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    No one in this whole thread agrees with you, and I am wrong.

You claimed some lies, I exposed them with direct quotes and context. There is nothing for anybody to disagree or agree with. As for agreeing with your thread there are quite a few in the thread actually saying he's not a bad starter but thrives more off the bench. Or saying he's not ready YET. Only obvious trolls flat out talked with your ignorance of "Yup he sucks". Guys like you, Tyler and FeedingTim have zero insight into basketball or context.

The only way to give Bledsoe a fair shot would to have the team healthy around him. When guys like Green, Butler and DJ are starting next to him and stinking it up every night what do you expect him to do? He's not good enough to be able to "carry" a team and never will be that type of player.

Eric Bledsoe is a typical example of how ISH works.

A young player with potential does some good stuff over 50 games and gets way overhyped.
    He then starts and while playing solidly on the most part, gets not brought back to reality in people opnions but they go way over the top in their criticism.
    When you have at least half a brain and have watched bball for at least 20 years at an analytical level you start to see things accurately.

Bledsoe is not a starter at the 1 right now, he is a bench player who can change up the temp and make critical plays.
    He probably wont ever be great, as he doesn't seem to have the vision/creativity.
    But he could he a solid starter at the 1 in the future. The problem with that is many teams have a great starter, so posters are right in saying he needs creative support at the 2 so he can basically play a role at the 1 spot of defence and slashing.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train

A young player with potential does some good stuff over FIVE games and gets way overhyped.
    He then starts and while playing solidly on the most part, gets not brought back to reality in people opnions but they go way over the top in their criticism.
    When you have at least half a brain and have watched bball for at least 20 years at an analytical level you start to see things accurately.

Bledsoe is not a starter at the 1 right now, he is a bench player who can change up the temp and make critical plays.
    He probably wont ever be great, as he doesn't seem to have the vision/creativity.
    But he could he a solid starter at the 1 in the future. The problem with that is many teams have a great starter, so posters are right in saying he needs creative support at the 2 so he can basically play a role at the 1 spot of defence and slashing.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by G-train

A young player with potential does some good stuff over 50 games and gets way overhyped.

First time I've agreed with you in over a year. I personally have never said he was a star PG of the future. I've said he has star potential but with his lower basketball IQ it was doubtful he ever hits it. I even mentioned in his ABSOLUTE PRIME I could see something like 15 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 2 spg as a heavy minutes 6th man or starter with the right team around him.

Not sure why Brandon is making it out like I said right now he is ready to carry a team as a full time starting PG or something. My only complaint has been instead of regularly playing less than 10 minutes, he should be getting 20-25 at least.

Regardless he is an asset for the Clippers and would be for many other teams and the Clippers should trade him for a more dependable scoring SG or SF. I'm sick and tired of guys like Green, Butler and even Crawford at times doing NOTHING for the team. All the depth in the world doesn't matter if you don't have at least one guy guaranteed to always show up.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 02-02-2013 at 07:21 PM.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Always thought he was just another Bobby Jackson, which isn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    That might be Bledsoe's true ceiling - a great super-sub that electrifies the team in his 20-25 minutes on the floor with fearless headlong rushes to the rim, and accurate bombing from outside.

And Bledsoe can be a starting NBA point guard, as long his deficiencies are offset by a very skilled off-guard or dominant small forward like LBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    That might be Bledsoe's true ceiling - a great super-sub that electrifies the team in his 20-25 minutes on the floor with fearless headlong rushes to the rim, and accurate bombing from outside.

And Bledsoe can be a starting NBA point guard, as long his deficiencies are offset by a very skilled off-guard or dominant small forward like LBJ.
    Good post.

23 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals and a block on 9-15 shooting, 2-3 from deep today. Not bad.

raep tiem

23 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals and a block on 9-15 shooting, 2-3 from deep today. Not bad.
    Impressive

Good High School Starter

They lost to the Rondo-less Celtics though...
    it is now 5 losses out of their past 7 games with Bledsoe starting.
    They desperately need Chris Paul back.

Quote Originally Posted by fefe
    They lost to the Rondo-less Celtics though...
    it is now 5 losses out of their past 7 games with Bledsoe starting.
    They desperately need Chris Paul back.
    Agree. Bledsoe is not ready to be a full time starter. Thing is to rip him after a few bad gamed is ignorant. The upside is still there. Only 4 other PG's.in the entire NBA can stuff stats like him and dominate all facets.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I think that's his ceiling too but who knows. he does needs a chance to shine though but if he stays with the Cluppers he might win a championship in the future.