Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Miami Heat - Overrated Pretenders?

Quote Originally Posted by The Nets
    Oh really? The road games against Utah, Golden State and Indiana are sure losses, the other four are also clearly in favor of the opposing team.
    How about if Miami win any of those three games you stop posting here? Fair? Since they are sure losses and all.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    How about if Miami win any of those three games you stop posting here? Fair? Since they are sure losses and all.
    That sounds awesome. Too bad the ****** won't take the bet.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    It's the regular season. They're 5-5 in their last 10 and still in first place in the East. They'll get it together after the All-Star break, finish first in the East, and make the Finals. The other East team that got off to a hot start is struggling right now, too, going 4-6 in their last 10.

It's definitely far from panic time. It won't be panic time for the Heat until they're down 3-0 in a playoff series. They're that dangerous.
    The win against OKC was the last time Miami beat a team with above 0.500 record(a big win though, the Thunder is a top contender). Since then they were 0-4 against playoffs teams, and these aint even title contenders. They can only bully lottery teams nowadays, the likes of Bobcats, Magic and Wizards if you ask me.

Very good NBA starter

Wait so the reigning champs are considred pretenders to you? ISH is fing amazing. It truly is...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

How can you call them pretenders when they made it to the finals two years in a row and are the current champions??

Quote Originally Posted by JBrizzy
    How can you call them pretenders when they made it to the finals two years in a row and are the current champions??

You will see what I mean when the Heat is at 26-18 after the next 10 games play out.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    It's the regular season. They're 5-5 in their last 10 and still in first place in the East. They'll get it together after the All-Star break, finish first in the East, and make the Finals. The other East team that got off to a hot start is struggling right now, too, going 4-6 in their last 10.

It's definitely far from panic time. It won't be panic time for the Heat until they're down 3-0 in a playoff series. They're that dangerous.
    This

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease JBrizzy's Avatar

You will see what I mean when the Heat is at 26-18 after the next 10 games play out.
    I'm a patient man so this suits me fine.

They're obviously not pretenders.

I don't understand why people are so scared of them. Last year was the year to be scared and everyone was talking about how OKC would slap them around if they met in the Finals...and I said that if that was the Finals (I didn't think OKC would make it but props to them) the simple fact that Miami were much better would take out OKC. But Miami has had their year and they're not going to turn it on like that.

Dwyane Wade cannot turn into a sidekick for an entire year and then suddenly D-Wade his way back into elite status. Even if he turns it on after the all-star break, he will not reach those levels this year. Bosh is going to play well but he's straight up a sidekick and not currently capable of being what he was in Toronto. And he's going to be overmatched at center. Lopez will outplay him, Noah will outplay him, Chandler will outplay him. If Bynum is healthy, he's gonna kill him...even if Bosh, individually, plays better. The Celtics, with an actual center (which I imagine they'll get) will kill him inside. Whether Varejao or Gortat. Even Horford could outdo him. People don't realize that the East has plenty of guys who can legitimately play the center position and that very dynamic will outdo him.

Which of these teams will actually beat Miami? I'm not sure that the Knicks would beat the Heat, but I wouldn't be surprised and I believe they'll be in the Finals before Miami. Miami is just not that impressive.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Overrated, as of right now. Come playoff time, the best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Dont panic already dude, its not even over yet. Lettuce look at their schedule up to March 4th:

continued from the Toronto Loss(26-18 record):
    Cha W(27-18)
    Hou L(27-19)
    LAC L(27-20)
    LAL L(27-21)
    POR W(28-21)
    @ OKC L(28-22)
    @ ATL L(28-23)
    @ CHI L(28-24)
    @ PHI W(29-24)
    CLE W(30-24)
    SAC W(31-24)
    MEM L(31-25)
    @ NY L(31-26)
    @ MIN L(31-27)

So yeah, 31-27 at the beginning of March, where will they be ranked at Eastern Conference standing by then? Fortunately for them, their schedule after that Minny road game looks easy, so perhaps they will go on a short 4-5 games winning streak then?

Dont panic already dude, its not even over yet. Lettuce look at their schedule up to March 4th:

continued from the Toronto Loss(26-18 record):
    Cha W(27-18)
    Hou L(27-19)
    LAC L(27-20)
    LAL L(27-21)
    POR W(28-21)
    @ OKC L(28-22)
    @ ATL L(28-23)
    @ CHI L(28-24)
    @ PHI W(29-24)
    CLE W(30-24)
    SAC W(31-24)
    MEM L(31-25)
    @ NY L(31-26)
    @ MIN L(31-27)

So yeah, 31-27 at the beginning of March, where will they be ranked at Eastern Conference standing by then? Fortunately for them, their schedule after that Minny road game looks easy, so perhaps they will go on a short 4-5 games winning streak then?

You have them being 4 games above .500, 58 games into the season? That's taking it too far...also, I don't get what you're laughing about.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Bookmarked so I can come back and laugh at your ass 58 games into this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    You have them being 4 games above .500, 58 games into the season? That's taking it too far...also, I don't get what you're laughing about.
    Yeah, if you asked me the question yesterday Id think its almost impossible. But after looking at their brutal schedule for the next 25 games, I realize its actually more likely to happen than otherwise. I wonder if 31-27 is a 5th, 6th or 7th seed in Eastern Conference?

On an interesting note, the heat were 30-9 in their first season after bringing in Big three.

A couple of games lost, does not make previous NBA champions "Overrated Pretenders" It does however mean they're not playing up to par.