Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Bledsoe

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    People are on crack. The reason he moves into the top 15 PG territory, wouldn't trade a top 5 pick for him? Alrightyyyyy than. Averaged 23 minutes on a team going nowhere than the next year his minutes get reduced when the team takes the next jump? I was under the assumption that a player is suppose to progress on a year to year basis. When has has started he's averaged like 9\6\4 in 33 minutes. He's like any other athletic beast that shows flashes except for the fact that he does seem pretty sound defensively.

I'm not saying he can't turn into a decent player but people always go overboard. In terms of athletic younger guards I prefer Shumpert and Bradley over him.
    Do you want me to assign you some homework? Remember when he dropped a 15 point, 5 steal 4th quarter on the Nuggets last year?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    brain caught up with his feet he could be a Top-10 point guard rather easily
    That's like saying if J.R had a brain he'd be a top 10 SG. I would love to hear how Bledsoe would be a top 10 PG easily tho, really. PG is by far the deepest position in the league. Every team has a good PG these days. Who's he better than this year or next? In no order.

Chris Paul
    Deron Williams
    Steve Nash
    Rondo
    Westbrook
    Rose
    Wall
    Curry
    Lowry
    Lawson
    Irving
    Jennings
    Holiday
    Calderon

Half of those players aren't even that far enough in age from Bledsoe. Bledsoe is going to be 23 years old this season. Alot of those guy's are within 5 years of him.

People are on crack. The reason he moves into the top 15 PG territory, wouldn't trade a top 5 pick for him? Alrightyyyyy than. Averaged 23 minutes on a team going nowhere than the next year his minutes get reduced when the team takes the next jump? I was under the assumption that a player is suppose to progress on a year to year basis. When has has started he's averaged like 9\6\4 in 33 minutes. He's like any other athletic beast that shows flashes except for the fact that he does seem pretty sound defensively.

I'm not saying he can't turn into a decent player but people always go overboard. In terms of athletic younger guards I prefer Shumpert and Bradley over him.
    he actually reminds me a lot of rodrigue beaubois, at least from an athletic standpoint. roddy is much better offensively and bledsoe is much better defensively. at the same time, roddy went through a streak of 2-4 block games almost purely off his athleticism....

even more similar, they've both shown flashes and been somewhat of a tease over their careers
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 06-28-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Do you want me to assign you some homework? Remember when he dropped a 15 point, 5 steal 4th quarter on the Nuggets last year?
    OH shit! DUDE DROPPED A BIG QUARTER!

Dude. C'mon. Get the blue and red goggles off some day.

What in my post was incorrect? Did he not get his role reduced when the Clippers actually became a competitive team? Were those not his numbers as a starter when he got good minutes on a lottery bound team?

I remember that game. He showed his crazy athletic ability. He showed that hustle. It was one game. He's shown flashes in a handful of NBA games. Tons of players do that. Heck Faried had a 26\16 game this year vs the Celtics or something absurd like that. Doesn't mean he's going to be Tim Duncan.

I'm not denying he can't be a very good role player or a spark of the bench. People saying they won't trade a top 5 pick for him or he'll be a top 10 PG are on crack tho.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I'd be surprised. He is a 6 foot hustle athlete with 6 games over 10 points all last season. Looks like a career backup to me. Lacks alot of PG skill and poise. More of a Nate Robinson without a jumpshot.
    I wouldn't trade him for anything under pick 18 roughly.
    All the best to the guy, but I think most people view him correctly, and Clipper fans are overrating him.
    Rondo averaged 12 pg and is considered a top 3 pg though? Bledsoe is an absolute monster defenisvely and on the boards. We said 11 ppg sp obviously we aren't saying guy is a great scorer. It's his all around impact that makes him such an underrated beast. Besides he didn't get back from MCL tear till early March and into playing shape till right before the playoffs so can't judge him on that.

Judge his playoff run when he finally was healthy and got minutes. Clippers best PER of 23 for playoffs and best perimeter defender of the playoffs.

This dude is Clipper Darrell.

What in my post was incorrect? Did he not get his role reduced when the Clippers actually became a competitive team? Were those not his numbers as a starter when he got good minutes on a lottery bound team?

I remember that game. He showed his crazy athletic ability. He showed that hustle. It was one game. He's shown flashes in a handful of NBA games. Tons of players do that. Heck Faried had a 26\16 game this year vs the Celtics or something absurd like that. Doesn't mean he's going to be Tim Duncan.

I'm not denying he can't be a very good role player or a spark of the bench. People saying they won't trade a top 5 pick for him or he'll be a top 10 PG are on crack tho.
    Baron Davis came back and Bledsoe was an out of control rookie so of course he went to bench. He made huge strides this year despite what stats show. Much better with turnovers, better ballhandler, better passer. He will never score 15 ppg but he won't need to with his blocks, steals, rebounding and man defense.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Please stop calling him a beast. The way you overrate your players, seems like clips won the title and 76 wins on the year.

Sessions had good games too, he dropped 24 assists etc. He ain't consistent or as good as some of his random stats suggest.

Rondo averaged 12 pg and is considered a top 3 pg though? Bledsoe is an absolute monster defenisvely and on the boards. We said 11 ppg sp obviously we aren't saying guy is a great scorer. It's his all around impact that makes him such an underrated beast. Besides he didn't get back from MCL tear till early March and into playing shape till right before the playoffs so can't judge him on that.

Judge his playoff run when he finally was healthy and got minutes. Clippers best PER of 23 for playoffs and best perimeter defender of the playoffs.
    Are you serious right now? Rondo isn't a top PG just because of his rebounding and defensive ability. He's a top 3 PG because of his ability to do those things while being as good as anybody in the league at getting others involved and running an offense. Something Bledoe really lacks. Plus he might average 12 points a game but he can score when he needs to like he shows every year in the playoffs.

Judge his playoffs? You mean the one's where he had like 3 big games and than every other night was the bench playing PG that he's shown for his entire career thus far? OK.

Okay let me ask you this. What pick do YOU think Bledsoe is worth in this draft if traded?

yo, NuggetsFan, you puked in any hats lately?

Baron Davis came back and Bledsoe was an out of control rookie so of course he went to bench. He made huge strides this year despite what stats show. Much better with turnovers, better ballhandler, better passer. He will never score 15 ppg but he won't need to with his blocks, steals, rebounding and man defense.
    Did you ever stop to think he looked so much better this year because his role was reduced? Maybe he got better with turnovers and looked more poised because instead of starting some games and playing 20 minutes a night he wasn't seeing the floor that much. It's not like it hurt the Clippers him not playing. They had a pretty good season

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    yo, NuggetsFan, you puked in any hats lately?
    Generally every Friday I manage to puke somewhere.

And ClippersFan I'm really not sure. Depends on what teams your talking about. As a Nuggets fan I wouldn't want him at 20. I realize there's a great chance he may be better than whoever we draft but I'd take the risk because I don't think Bledsoe ever becomes someone who you can't replace. He won't be anything but a backup next year. Wouldn't beat out Lawson for the starting spot anytime soon.

Generally every Friday I manage to puke somewhere.

And ClippersFan I'm really not sure. Depends on what teams your talking about. As a Nuggets fan I wouldn't want him at 20. I realize there's a great chance he may be better than whoever we draft but I'd take the risk because I don't think Bledsoe ever becomes someone who you can't replace. He won't be anything but a backup next year. Wouldn't beat out Lawson for the starting spot anytime soon.
    I'm just blowing you shit man