Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Bledsoe

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe

He lacks the IQ and self control. Good energy player off the bench is all he will ever be, unless he can learn to play at different speeds.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    He lacks the IQ and self control. Good energy player off the bench is all he will ever be, unless he can learn to play at different speeds.
    Watch more footage is all I can say. His IQ and control has improved leaps and bounds since last year. So have his ballhandling and playmaking. Last year guy turned the ball over every time down the floor.

Well one thing for me to smile about is my boy Eric Bledsoe delivering. Had Vinny not pulled him I have zero doubt Clippers hold onto that 6 point lead with 2 or 3 minutes left.

15 points, 1 assist, 4 rebounds, 3 steals and a block off the bench tonight. To go with great D as always.

I was hoping someone would bump this thread.

Guy can ball. But if he plays PG, he needs to play alongside an all-around, playmaking 2guard. Harden is an example.

Bledsoe is good.

Just read that Chris Paul demanded that the Clippers keep Eric Bledsoe in the trade before agreeing to go to the Clippers. This guy is a good judge of talent I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    1) Irrelevant country
    2) Irrelevant fanbase

3) Irrelevant poster

Second and third being correct don't make up for the first.

"Third-year point guard Eric Bledsoe has drawn widespread interest from around the league, but according to sources with knowledge of the Clippers thinking, someone would have to knock the Clippers socks off to get them to part with Bledsoe."

I bumped this because going into draft there was a lot of speculation on if Godsoe will be traded. Specialque it looks like our boy shall remain in LA. Especially because a lot of idiots seem to think he's not even worth a first rounder this year . Eric Pincus of Hoopsworld said he's not even sure he'd trade Bledsoe for a top 5 pick in this draft because of his upside.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Pop>Auerbach IMO. Red had the most loaded squad ever compared to the competition. Who could challenge the Celtics?
    Do you realise Red was the was the General Manager that put the team together?
    He was a genius. You can't say the above, Red made coaching and managing what it is today.

To the point, Eric Pincus must be a total moron.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Do you realise Red was the was the General Manager that put the team together?
    He was a genius. You can't say the above, Red made coaching and managing what it is today.

To the point, Eric Pincus must be a total moron.
    I wouldn't quite go as far as saying top 5... but definitely worthy of a late lotto pick. People saying he's not worth a late lotto pick are downright retarded. I'll bet anybody on this forum right now that no more than 5 players MAX go on to become better than Bledsoe will be.

This year Bledsoe will be getting 6th man minutes and tearing it up big time and It will be awesome to tell you guys "I told you so".

Why would you trade Bledsoe for a guy that isn't Top-5? Who is going to bring the same thing Bledsoe does to the Clippers outside of the first five picks?

Bledsoe is already established as a tenacious defender in the mold of Avery Bradley, and is an athletic freak. Great value at the 19th pick (or wherever the took him), so what would be the point in moving him for some raw project that won't convince Paul to stay?

This is not even touching the fact that Bledsoe has elite athleticism and it could very well be the reason why he moves into Top-15 point guard territory. His jumper is coming along nicely and he's turned down the TOs. Sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Why would you trade Bledsoe for a guy that isn't Top-5? Who is going to bring the same thing Bledsoe does to the Clippers outside of the first five picks?

Bledsoe is already established as a tenacious defender in the mold of Avery Bradley, and is an athletic freak. Great value at the 19th pick (or wherever the took him), so what would be the point in moving him for some raw project that won't convince Paul to stay?

This is not even touching the fact that Bledsoe has elite athleticism and it could very well be the reason why he moves into Top-15 point guard territory.
    Yup. I won't be surprised at all if he becomes a 10-15 ranked PG even THIS year off the bench. Dude has more impact than most PG's in the game. When coach puts him in games he just always seems to turn the game around. He's the biggest reason the Clippers bench got us back into a lot of games due to his defense. Teams get scattered and get shook when Bledsoe is chasing them. I've never seen Parker and Ginobili panic so much and get multiple 24 second violations like they did with Bledsoe guarding them. They literally looked pathetic at times.

Most people are undervaluing the FU*K out of him. The only people that seem to value him are Clippers fans and Sports writers/analysts. Fans act like the dude isn't even worth a 1st rounder this year LMAO.

Yup. I won't be surprised at all if he becomes a 10-15 ranked PG even THIS year off the bench. Dude has more impact than most PG's in the game. When coach puts him in games he just always seems to turn the game around. He's the biggest reason the Clippers bench got us back into a lot of games due to his defense. Teams get scattered and get shook when Bledsoe is chasing them. I've never seen Parker and Ginobili panic so much and get multiple 24 second violations like they did with Bledsoe guarding them. They literally looked pathetic at times.

Most people are undervaluing the FU*K out of him. The only people that seem to value him are Clippers fans and Sports writers/analysts. Fans act like the dude isn't even worth a 1st rounder this year LMAO.
    He won't be Top-15 this season, not coming off the bench from Paul. But he's only scratching the surface of his potential. In reality, he'll never have the court vision CP3 does and his handles are still loose. If he were a starter next year he'd probably have something along the lines of 11/7/3 with 1.5 steals a game. His real value is how much energy he brings off the bench and how quick he moves around the court, on defense and on offense. If his brain caught up with his feet he could be a Top-10 point guard rather easily. A lot of the things he does remind me of Tony Parker.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

People are on crack. The reason he moves into the top 15 PG territory, wouldn't trade a top 5 pick for him? Alrightyyyyy than. Averaged 23 minutes on a team going nowhere than the next year his minutes get reduced when the team takes the next jump? I was under the assumption that a player is suppose to progress on a year to year basis. When has has started he's averaged like 9\6\4 in 33 minutes. He's like any other athletic beast that shows flashes except for the fact that he does seem pretty sound defensively.

I'm not saying he can't turn into a decent player but people always go overboard. In terms of athletic younger guards I prefer Shumpert and Bradley over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    He won't be Top-15 this season, not coming off the bench from Paul. But he's only scratching the surface of his potential. In reality, he'll never have the court vision CP3 does and his handles are still loose. If he were a starter next year he'd probably have something along the lines of 11/7/3 with 1.5 steals a game. His real value is how much energy he brings off the bench and how quick he moves around the court, on defense and on offense. If his brain caught up with his feet he could be a Top-10 point guard rather easily. A lot of the things he does remind me of Tony Parker.
    Unlikely for sure just saying wouldn't be shocked. To me his ceiling is Rondo with less passing, ballhandling but better defense. I see Tony Parker comparison with his offensive style and drive and dish aggressiveness though. His ballhandles improved a TON though. Last year he turned it over nonstop this year I felt much better with ball in his hands.

11/5/5/2/1 sounds more realistic to me if he improves. He can be a true stat stuffer like Westbrook and Rondo. Dude had a 17 point, 4 steal, 3 rebound 4th quarter last year.

I'd be surprised. He is a 6 foot hustle athlete with 6 games over 10 points all last season. Looks like a career backup to me. Lacks alot of PG skill and poise. More of a Nate Robinson without a jumpshot.
    I wouldn't trade him for anything under pick 18 roughly.
    All the best to the guy, but I think most people view him correctly, and Clipper fans are overrating him.