Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default The official jlauber and Wilt Chamberlain thread

I have been reading jlauber's posts over the years, and for a perceived homer, he does offer a lot of good history.

I have no business commenting on any basketball pre-1989. All I have watched before then is old game tapes. Ask me anything about the 90's and I'll ramble on and on for hours.

jlauber, I was wondering if you could give us some insight into your age, did you see Wilt in person, and how you formulate your posts? I know there are a lot of posters here who may be uneducated about you and they assume you copy and paste text. I'm altogether quite sure you do a lot of typing, but have sources ready for quotes etc.

I just wanted to say, that even though you're a big Wilt fan, I'm glad that you're on ISH and sharing all this history with us all.

Raz (Ced)

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Re: The official jlauber and Wilt Chamberlain thread

The guy gets alot of flack for being an intellegent poster.

The people that use "in before jlauber...." are the people who can't articulate an argument so they try and strike him down by attenpting to make him look like a homer. He knows his stuff.

Raz

I wish we had 50 more of him that were all equally knowledgeable about past players.

Oh please, the guy c/p every other post he posts.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun

As long as he's recycling his own material, what's the big deal? The guy does his homework, he comes up with great conclusions, and those are his ideas. If the argument fits the discussion why not copy and paste? No need to rewrite something he's already written.
    Last edited by DaHeezy; 07-23-2012 at 12:34 PM.

I agree. He goes into trolling topics and actually still makes a serious and good response. Gotta give props to that.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    I have been reading jlauber's posts over the years, and for a perceived homer, he does offer a lot of good history.

I have no business commenting on any basketball pre-1989. All I have watched before then is old game tapes. Ask me anything about the 90's and I'll ramble on and on for hours.

jlauber, I was wondering if you could give us some insight into your age, did you see Wilt in person, and how you formulate your posts? I know there are a lot of posters here who may be uneducated about you and they assume you copy and paste text. I'm altogether quite sure you do a lot of typing, but have sources ready for quotes etc.

I just wanted to say, that even though you're a big Wilt fan, I'm glad that you're on ISH and sharing all this history with us all.

Raz (Ced)

Im pretty sure they have online dating sites. Maybe you will have more luck with one of those.

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Wait for him to reply before bashing. You're one of the reasons people would choose not to post here.

I wish we had 50 more of him that were all equally knowledgeable about past players.
    Imagine 50 Jlaubers going at each other in the same thread.
    System/board collapse?

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Imagine 50 Jlaubers going at each other in the same thread.
    System/board collapse?
    It would be great. I wish we had a version of jlauber that was a Bill Russell expert, maybe Bill Simmons' dad if someone taught him how to use the internet. It would be great if we had one for every major player from past eras. Even for the 90's, we wouldn't have idiots claiming Griffin to be better than a guy like Shawn Kemp. We need a jlauber dedicated to Shawn Kemp, and protecting his legacy (actually, he probably has enough illegitimate legacies floating around out there).

What I'm trying to get at is that a lot of "homers" are really good for the board. They often have great opinions, although slightly biased, and they help balance the board. Although I'm sure we could do with less uneducated Heat homers, Laker homers, Knicks homers, Bulls homers, Clippers homers and Celtic homers.

I wish we had posters dedicated to the following guys:
    -Jeff Hornacek
    -Elden Campbell
    -Nate Thurmond
    -Bob Pettit
    -Jo Jo White
    -Sidney Moncrief
    -Bobby Jones
    and many more!

Bob Pettit
    This is one guy who was apparently a really great player that I know pretty much nothing about. It would be interesting to get a first hand account of his game

NBA rookie of the year

The guy never really saw Wilt play, this is the same guy who changed his mind regarding Wilt and his era just a couple of years ago and he did it over some youtube-footage and quotes.

He says that he's 57 years old and that he remembers 40 year old games in detail but this is the same guy who used to write that Wilt's competition was weak which he later changed his mind about and suddenly Wilt played in the best era...

Jlauber got exposed a long time ago, can't believe that people still find him credible on this board.

Just check this out;

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=53

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    This is one guy who was apparently a really great player that I know pretty much nothing about. It would be interesting to get a first hand account of his game
    Dude showed up in the finals and killed russell

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete44
    Dude showed up in the finals and killed russell
    I've heard some, but footage is very limited. All accounts I've heard were that he was real nice

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Jlauber got exposed a long time ago, can't believe that people still find him credible on this board.

Just check this out;

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=53
    His quotes are taken completely out of context. He's admitting the athletes are better now days, but I think people need to take into consideration he wouldn't be taking improved training methods, longer practice times, and sports evolution into consideration when he made those posts.

I would not call that being exposed. Being exposed is finding out a poster is 14.