Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Bledsoe

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Eric Bledsoe

I'd normally never make a thread about a player after a loss but want some honest feedback. What did you think of Bledsoe's game tonight? His overall skillset/defense? He had 14, 5 and 6 tonight to go with a steal and great defense on Conley. I think for him to do this against the top defensive guard unit in the NBA speaks volumes.

Really bummed Vinny was too stupid to play him more.

#HEATNATION

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe

He can be a starter on some teams. Him and Bradley are similar players. The energy and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    He can be a starter on some teams. Him and Bradley are similar players. The energy and defense.
    Love Bradley. They were compared a lot in college too.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

You're a damn annoying poster and the one of the biggest and least respected homers on the board :) Now that that's out of the way.

Man, he's a good on the ball defender, I think any team would love having a guy in their backcourt. Was impressed with him tonight! Good work by your GM not giving him up in the Paul trade. Be interested to see if he can keep it up in game 7 especially if Paul isn't at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    You're a damn annoying poster and the one of the biggest and least respected homers on the board :) Now that that's out of the way.

Man, he's a good on the ball defender, I think any team would love having a guy in their backcourt. Was impressed with him tonight! Good work by your GM not giving him up in the Paul trade. Be interested to see if he can keep it up in game 7 especially if Paul isn't at full strength.
    hey I tried to avoid typing ANYTHING that can be taken as arrogant or trolling. I'm gonna work on it.

Banned

1) Irrelevant country

2) Irrelevant fanbase

3) Irrelevant poster

It's hard to say because he gets a lot more rest because Cp3 is there. If he was a starter I don't know if he can do this every night. He looked good tonight though.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    hey I tried to avoid typing ANYTHING that can be taken as arrogant or trolling. I'm gonna work on it.

yeah I'm just talking sh*t. I see a bit of honesty from you today about the clipppers flopping. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    1) Irrelevant country

2) Irrelevant fanbase

3) Irrelevant poster
    How's that economy of yours going there? Still got a job?

Banned

yeah I'm just talking sh*t. I see a bit of honesty from you today about the clipppers flopping. Good stuff.

How's that economy of yours going there? Still got a job?
    No, don't criticize my countries economic model... please, no. God, anything but that. Don't.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Guess I'm the minority. He looks like a very good defensive guard that can rebound and is very athletic. That's it. We've seen a Darren Collison behind CP3 who didn't show anywhere NEAR the highlight beauty that an Eric Bledsoe would show. Yet he showed actual basketball IQ. Where is he? Being a decent PG in Indy.

Bledsoe is worse. More athletic, better defensively but we live in 2012. Defense PG's? Who cares your going to get the fouls. Athletic? Welcome to the club. In the end he's a very good bench player for the Clippers but throw him into the NBA free agency and he's no big deal ..in that sense. Far bigger deal than I am

Defensive PG's who struggle on offense...they're called SG's.

A PG is what you do with the ball.

I haven't seen enough of his game, but he can play D. If he can't run an offense, at all, or doesn't do much with the ball...then he's not a PG.

What does everyone else think he is?

You misspelled Godsoe.

Banned

High energy, athletic dude but he comes across as a low IQ player to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    You misspelled Godsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Defensive PG's who struggle on offense...they're called SG's.

A PG is what you do with the ball.

I haven't seen enough of his game, but he can play D. If he can't run an offense, at all, or doesn't do much with the ball...then he's not a PG.

What does everyone else think he is?
    Download a couple of his games from last year and compare to last night's. You'll see HUGE growth on offense. Last year the guy couldn't run a play without a turnover. Now he's showing great flashes of court vision and dare I say I feel safe when he handles the ball . He's looking like a real PG out there. You don't rack up 6 assists in like 18 minutes against a great perimeter defense like Memphis if you can't pass.

Last night he was actually the primary ballhandler. Chris Paul let him run the plays while Chris played off the ball. That being said I've been saying all along he should start at SG. He's 6'0" or 6'1" at best but he's 195 pounds, has a 6'8 wingspan and a 40 inch vert. He's incredibly strong. So obviously he plays bigger than he is. Did you notice the way this guy breaks screens like a freaking NFL running back? He has no problem plowing into Marc Gasol to get through the screens.