Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Default Re: Will Kobe demand a trade if the Lakers fail to get anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    How is this hate thread? It's Kobe, and it's not like he hasn't demanded a trade before.

Kobe is not going to stay on a team that's not going to contend.

On a side note, but do people remember when Kobe demanded a trade BECAUSE THE LAKERS WERE GOING TO REBUILD? I certainly do.
    It is a bs agenda knock on Kobe thread.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

What? This is nothing against Kobe as a player. I like Kobe. But be real if the Lakers choose to rebuild right now Kobe is not just going to stay.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

You don't have to be a Laker fan to find out that Kobe has a no trade clause in his contract. So the question is moot, to begin with. Feeling this need to post a thread about it anyway, based ONLY on the fact that he asked for a trade in the past, just wreaks of Kobe hate.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    You don't have to be a Laker fan to find out that Kobe has a no trade clause in his contract. So the question is moot, to begin with. Feeling this need to post a thread about it anyway, based ONLY on the fact that he asked for a trade in the past, just wreaks of Kobe hate.
    You might be right but he does make some strong points.

Kobe has repeatably asked for trades out of LA when things weren't being done to his liking or when they didn't have enough talent around him to contend.

He only has at best 2-3 good years left.

If LA truly failed to improve the team this year and in actuality got worse by losing Odom I could easily see Kobe wanting out.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz

Kobe has repeatably asked for trades out of LA when things weren't being done to his liking or when they didn't have enough talent around him to contend.

If LA truly failed to improve the team this year and in actuality got worse by losing Odom I could easily see Kobe wanting out.
    This site would have a field day if Kobe ever got traded. Maybe more so than when Lebron made "The Decision".

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    He just seems like he's not going to just wait around and hope that next season and the season after that the Lakers might become contenders again. He's got a couple more seasons of playing at a true all-star level and will not want to be a part of a rebuilding process.
    Are you kidding me? Kobe is the one who didn't want any big trades. The most important thing he said in his exit interview was to "keep this team together." He said this team should be allowed one more chance to go for a championship because he was injured last year. I think he feels he doesn't need a super team to win championships. That's why he gave such a cryptic answer about this whole situation yesterday. He's probably fine with what happened (except losing Lamar). Demand a trade? LMAO.

Doesn't the no-trade clause just mean that the team can't trade him without his consent? If he wanted a trade I think it would happen.

but yeah, as long as the Lakers don't give up Gasol & Bynum for peanuts too, I don't really see him leaving unless it's in retirement

Losing Lamar seems like a big deal to me if they dont add anything significant before the playoffs. (not saying they wont)

If they dont add anything they would need Bynum to play at a level he has never consistently played at before and Gasol to return to his 09,10 form.

If they happens they might still be able to contend but that's alot of if's and maybe's.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

The question itself is moot based on his massive contract. Say what you want but I really don't see anyway around an $83.55 million dollar contract with a no trade clause.

The question itself is moot based on his massive contract. Say what you want but I really don't see anyway around an $83.55 million dollar contract with a no trade clause.
    Good point there although you can consider he "might" be willing to restructure his contract if it meant getting what he desires (more rings) he has made enough money at this point where it wouldn't really effect him much.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    Doesn't the no-trade clause just mean that the team can't trade him without his consent? If he wanted a trade I think it would happen.

but yeah, as long as the Lakers don't give up Gasol & Bynum for peanuts too, I don't really see him leaving unless it's in retirement
    His contract has a trade kicker in there that he'd have to use before the 2012-13 season. He'd have to ask for a trade now and I don't see that happening so again I say the question is moot.
    Last edited by LakersReign; 12-11-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Good point there although you can consider he "might" be willing to restructure his contract if it meant getting what he desires (more rings) he has made enough money at this point where it wouldn't really effect him much.
    That may be true, but the question then would be exactly how much of a pay cut?

College superstar

Christ. 3 hours ago this site was talking about adding CP3 and D12 to LA and Kobe getting to 9 ships. A few Tweets and re-Tweets and now Kobe is demanding a trade? I just hope by the time I wake up LA hasn't amnestied him.

Deep breaths guys. The Lakers are gonna be FINE.

Local High School Star

No team outside of the Lakers is willing to take on his 25 million dollar salary.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    No team outside of the Lakers is willing to take on his 25 million dollar salary.

This