Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What's the best breakfast to improve metabolism/health?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    All These tips from step back, hateraid, Jefferson Money...

Are these in General for living a healthy life, or People working out / in Fitness, trying to GAIN or lose weight?

Or both because its simply healthy?
    Pretty much general health

What the body needs in the morning is:

Hydration from not having any liquids for a 8-10 hour period (water)
    Simple carbs to kick start insulin and replenish blood glucose (fruit)
    Protein for depleted muscles and replenishing amino acids after being anti-catabolic over that sleep period (yogurt)
    Slow burning carbs for sustained glucose (oats)
    Essential fats (flax)

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    step back for muscles and fitness.

hateraid too.

jtotheizzo for an alkaline beverage that counteracts partying.

me for just general vitality.
    Thanks.. Always educating to see you guys talk about this Topic... You're like knowledgable on everything regarding the OTC

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Pretty much general health

What the body needs in the morning is:

Hydration from not having any liquids for a 8-10 hour period (water)
    Simple carbs to kick start insulin and replenish blood glucose (fruit)
    Protein for depleted muscles and replenishing amino acids after being anti-catabolic over that sleep period (yogurt)
    Slow burning carbs for sustained glucose (oats)
    Essential fats (flax)
    I generally assume its for People living healthy and trying to lose weight... While I would love to gain weight... But General health is obv important for anyone, interested in either direction.

Can you hook me up with someone more specialized towards gaining weight for the entire day, healthy at the same time and high in quantity? (Eating alot is always good)

I'm near 20, 6'0 165... Working out and looking to gain weight.. But havent been too invested in Nutrition, changing a diet or anything.. I think that hurts me because Nutrition is like 50%... I eat way too much Pizza/Spaghetti, and well, take some Protein to me on the days of working out.. Not alot/enough though I would assume.

hateraid/anyone else whats your opinion on intermittent fasting? Apparently it increases growth hormone output. I know people who do this and they don't eat breakfast til 11-12. Is it worth a try?I'm a bit skeptical but i've read that it has no difference in metabolic effect given the calories are the same as if you weren't eating in an intermittent style. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I generally assume its for People living healthy and trying to lose weight... While I would love to gain weight... But General health is obv important for anyone, interested in either direction.

Can you hook me up with someone more specialized towards gaining weight for the entire day, healthy at the same time and high in quantity? (Eating alot is always good)

I'm near 20, 6'0 165... Working out and looking to gain weight.. But havent been too invested in Nutrition, changing a diet or anything.. I think that hurts me because Nutrition is like 50%... I eat way too much Pizza/Spaghetti, and well, take some Protein to me on the days of working out.. Not alot/enough though I would assume.

What you're doing by eating pasta and pizza is beneficial for weight gain. I think where people get the idea wrong is that pizza and pasta is bad for you. processed food is bad for you, italian food doesn't have to be bad.
    We're going through a transitional time where there is more education on quality of food. Pasta now has options where you can purchase healthy grained noodles, organic sauces, whole cheese....gaining weight can be considered healthy too! Even ice creams have options. It's just a matter of educating yourself on qulaity options. You don't need to drastically change your diet. Bottom line is you can eat more and maintain health too

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    hateraid/anyone else whats your opinion on intermittent fasting? Apparently it increases growth hormone output. I know people who do this and they don't eat breakfast til 11-12. Is it worth a try?I'm a bit skeptical but i've read that it has no difference in metabolic effect given the calories are the same as if you weren't eating in an intermittent style. Has anyone had any experience with this?
    Forget the physical effects.... the mental rewards are much sweeter

I do it because it makes me uncomfortable. If you're always comfortable, you can never grow.

Decent playground baller WindmiLL's Avatar

SUPER BRO 69000

It contains gorilla semen, Swayze sweat, Chuck Norris sweat,..

What you're doing by eating pasta and pizza is beneficial for weight gain. I think where people get the idea wrong is that pizza and pasta is bad for you. processed food is bad for you, italian food doesn't have to be bad.
    We're going through a transitional time where there is more education on quality of food. Pasta now has options where you can purchase healthy grained noodles, organic sauces, whole cheese....gaining weight can be considered healthy too! Even ice creams have options. It's just a matter of educating yourself on qulaity options. You don't need to drastically change your diet. Bottom line is you can eat more and maintain health too
    I'm just making slow Progress... My metabolism is extremely quick (high?)...

Okay so there's definitely a larger variety of ways to success than I thought... I'll probably try some Weight Gainer soon.. Alot of carbs and some Protein, basically all you need....

If you (Or JM, SB) give me like a quick rundown or list of things specifically made to gain, I will rep if that helps/motivates you

Okay so there's definitely a larger variety of ways to success than I thought... I'll probably try some Weight Gainer soon.. Alot of carbs and some Protein, basically all you need....

If you (Or JM, SB) give me like a quick rundown or list of things specifically made to gain, I will rep if that helps/motivates you
    Why are carbs and protein all you need? Why?

Get calories from good fats in nuts, oils, eggs, fish, etc.

Cut out the refined carbs, no bread, no pasta, no cookies, no crackers, none of that garbage.

Meat, veggies, fruit. You piece of shit... add avocados to your diet, get off your ass and cook some steak.

Remember weight gainers are option if you can't fulfill regular meals. they are however extremely effective. Just don't replace regular eating. use it as add-ons for in between meals and post workout. they are additional calories.
    General rule of thumb is consume more than you burn, and consume more carbs than protein. Essential protein repairs muscles, carbs increase volume. Due to the amount of calories burned by converting protein to mucsle it is essential to have a higher amount of carbs.
    Like I said, you don't have to give up the foods you like, just be conscious of what it consists of. And definitely eat more.
    I'll make a list, but I actually have a meeting right now.
    Funny,the meeting I just had was with the buyer for Whole Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

Cut out the refined carbs, no bread, no pasta, no cookies, no crackers, none of that garbage.

Meat, veggies, fruit. You piece of shit... add avocados to your diet, get off your ass and cook some steak.

I tend to agree with you, low-carb is the way to go, especially cutting out unrefined carbs.

But that doesn't mean he's wrong.

You can go high-fat, high-protein, low carb, getting all the good fats you mentioned, and that's good for you.

You can also go high-carb, high-protein, low-fat, and be healthy as well.

You can't really go high-carb and high-fat.

IMO I think that Weight gainers are a waste of money. Just get some whey and buy lots of oats/rice.

Remember weight gainers are option if you can't fulfill regular meals. they are however extremely effective. Just don't replace regular eating. use it as add-ons for in between meals and post workout. they are additional calories.
    General rule of thumb is consume more than you burn, and consume more carbs than protein. Essential protein repairs muscles, carbs increase volume. Due to the amount of calories burned by converting protein to mucsle it is essential to have a higher amount of carbs.
    Like I said, you don't have to give up the foods you like, just be conscious of what it consists of. And definitely eat more.
    I'll make a list, but I actually have a meeting right now.
    Funny,the meeting I just had was with the buyer for Whole Foods

Thanks... Gotcha. Yea, I will probably only take it post workout and when I'm busy, come from school straight to work, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

lol.. Exactly, all of those have calories aswell, and all of those are good Foods... Just saying, generally, BodyBuilders use it when trying to gain weight.. I wont be using it as my main source.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 10-29-2014 at 03:53 PM.

College superstar

The recipe I posted before doesn't need to have protein powder in it. I only add it in because I work out on an empty stomach and then eat my breakfast. My overnight oats recipes are around 550 Calories depending on what ingredients I'm using.

You can have a huge variety of flavors if you get creative. I have apple and cinnamon, caramel extract and pecans, Blueberry and Raspberry, Vanilla bean, Banana and medjool dates (Gives it a banana and toffee flavor) and my favorite Sliced cherries and raw chocolate ( Grate a little dark 90% chocolate if you can't get raw cacao powder).

That all sounds very delish